[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Need advice for Range Rovers

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 5

File: rover.jpg (2MB, 3718x2092px) Image search: [Google]
rover.jpg
2MB, 3718x2092px
Sooo i bought a '06 RR SC.. It has been a month or two of owning it.. Drives great, just an all around beautiful SUV (imo).. Now i have bad O2 sensors, and the third brake light go out ( poorly made i think) all that aside i was wondering if it is more of a hasltle to own.... whats your thoughts
>pic related my RR SC
>>
File: 1348765637984.jpg (34KB, 466x373px) Image search: [Google]
1348765637984.jpg
34KB, 466x373px
i dont see the appeal of a suv like that.
pointless and ugly.
id rather have a fast wagon, at least it looks cool
>>
File: 1417953104191.jpg (208KB, 548x575px) Image search: [Google]
1417953104191.jpg
208KB, 548x575px
>He bought a used range rover
>>
>>15983664
whats the problem? I at least figured why not ride in luxury for once
>>
>>15983677
Nothing. Just anything Jaguar is expensive as hell to keep repairs up - both mechanically and virtually.
Though, they are often very, very comfortable and good handling. Prepare for something like $10 000 in repairs over 5 years and more than that if you plan on taking it offroading like it has been "built" to do.

>inb4 "anon is just mad because he can't afford a RR"
>[spoiler]some truth to it
>>
>>15983807
Its not about being able to afford it. I was wondering on what i may have gotten my self into. The RR is already paid off. ( I personally dont like making payments on stuff) and yea i know making payments helps credit.
>>
>>15983914
No I mean a bunch of people on /o/ frequently say that modern RR, BMWs, Mercedes, Lexuses are shit.
Then most people respond with "ree poorfags"

No one has been able to repute that "ree poorfags" statement.
>>
Range rovers are notoriously lemons. Very nice looking and feeling lemons, but still lemons.

Ex gf's mom got a brand new one, and within a few weeks it spend over a month in the shop for repairs.
>>
>>15984023
Very, very good car to lease, though.
>>
>>15984019
So comfortable but not necessarily unreliable but extremely prone to repairs
>>
How many miles

It's obviously not going to be cheap and maintenance should have been expected. But you'll have a fairly nice looking RR so itll work out
>>
>>15984170
87k. I figured it would but I didn't know how often and what to expect.>>15984149
>>
File: image.jpg (1MB, 2448x2448px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1MB, 2448x2448px
>>15983646
Unfortunately, it's luck of the draw. I had a full size RR from 06, sold it a few years later to a girl I know and it still runs perfectly. Never had any maintenance issues the whole time she's had it.

My sister, on the other hand, had a full size RR from the same year and it went to shit after 50k mi (when the warranty ran out). She kept it far longer than she should have and recently replaced it but it became a total dog, in the shop more often than not and costing boatloads of money.

The bad news is that Range Rovers were notoriously unreliable and had plenty of niggling issues throughout the 2000s, like the O2 sensor problem you mentioned. I remember that being a common fault and costing a pretty penny if out of warranty.

The good news is that they aren't all lemons, and you have a luxurious vehicle that can take you anywhere in the world. Don't pay attention to the jealous /o/tists, they're just mad our RRs can outrun most of their shitboxes.

Pic rel, after trying a variety of different manufacturers I came back to RR after they released the new models. Glad you went with the V8.
>>
My neighbor's wife has one and he told me that it's a pain in the ass because there's always an issue with one thing or another. 5 minutes of research would have clued you in on that. Enjoy your money pit.

>>15983663
Status symbol. Then again that neighbors wife I referred to above has fake tits and is quite consumed about her personal appearance. Practicality does not come into play when buying a vehicle like this.
>>
Sell it asap.
>>
I seriously hope you bought a warranty anon.
>>
>>15983646
I can read your plate number in the window reflection. But I already knew that being thorough wasn't your strong suit considering you bought a 13 year old decked out RR.

Well...it is probably more reliable than domestic garbage like Cadillac and Lincoln or the hyper garbage tier Jeep Grand Cherokee. And the designs have not changed much, so the 06 still looks like their current offerings.

But it will likely be a money pit. You should had bought a GX460 or LX470 if you wanted lux and to sit high up.
>>
File: image.jpg (27KB, 300x250px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
27KB, 300x250px
>>15985965
I love women like that.
>>
>>15986782
She's hot desu. Nice too. Just that her car is a piece of shit.
>>
>>15985052
How about you retards look up who owned RR in the early 2000's to understand why they had so many issues.
>>
Holt shit you actually went ahead and bought yourself a 10 year old britsh car. Its a cool car, just such a shame its complete shit in every way.
>>
>>15983646
I drive a 2007 Sport Supercharged. It'a a great car,

until something goes wrong. My parking brake seized once. Over $2000 to fix. A set of tires costs about $2600. 17 miles per gallon of premium gas. It's can expensive car to maintain and operate. I've put a lot of money into mine over the years, but I can afford to. That said, it's pretty high milage.
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.