[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The next generation BMW 3 series will be built in Mexico. The

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 102
Thread images: 22

File: BMW_MEXICO.jpg (73KB, 780x553px) Image search: [Google]
BMW_MEXICO.jpg
73KB, 780x553px
The next generation BMW 3 series will be built in Mexico.

The plant is solely meant to produce rear wheel drive models and expected to eventually manufacture the 2 series and 5 series.

How does this make you feel /o/?
>>
File: .,..jpg (218KB, 581x282px) Image search: [Google]
.,..jpg
218KB, 581x282px
>>15980769
>>
File: méxico will grow larger.jpg (155KB, 1434x758px) Image search: [Google]
méxico will grow larger.jpg
155KB, 1434x758px
>>15980769
>How does this make you feel /o/?

BUENO
>>
>north america
quality can't be worse than made in us anyway
>>
File: angry_shitbox.jpg (55KB, 547x342px) Image search: [Google]
angry_shitbox.jpg
55KB, 547x342px
>>15980769
>>
>>15980814
After having to work with both UAW aligned GM, Mercedes & Ford plants and Mexican Honda, Ford and MB suppliers, I'd actually say Mexicans produce better quality products than the Nig-Hick labor force of the US auto industry does. Flat Rock, Tuscaloosa and Lansing assemblies being the exceptions.

The US auto industry is dying due to entitlements and apathy from the labor force.
>>
Americans are too dumb to make em eh?
>>
File: 200_s.gif (38KB, 278x200px) Image search: [Google]
200_s.gif
38KB, 278x200px
>>15980804
>united states of america and mexico
it's happening
>>
Will xDrive models still be made in Germany?
>>
>>15981058
should have happened in 1846 desu
>>
It makes me feel like just hurry up and educate everybody and we will all be equal and just the geniuses will be special snow flakes
>>
>>15981050
Nah, were just too expensive just like back in Germany.
>>
makes me feel like bmw doesnt give a fuck anymore, which they dont
>>
>>15981078
learning is expensive
once learning is largely automated, and anyone can get a basic college degree for a couple hundred bucks worth of hardware and software, that's when shit gets REALLY interesting
>>
File: image.jpg (46KB, 600x511px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
46KB, 600x511px
>tfw my car was made by grorious sararimen in nippon and the parts are all japanese
>the literal communist fuckwits of the UAW will never sully my vehicle

feels real good
>>
>mfw I'm a Mexican intellectual
>>
>>15980769
Mexishits are harder workers than lazy german jews so they cars should probably go 2000 miles without breaking down as opposed to 1000

congratulations BMW
>>
>>15980804
Good! Finally some healthy competition in North America.
>>
>>15981308
This
>>
>>15981174
This shit is already happening and it's fucking stupefying how effective it is. We had some some 18 year old Mayan kids from the fucking rainforest in southern Mexico come to train as techs last year. They learned English via duolingo and took some basic electronics courses on coursera and were finishing ASE tests at parity with the fucks who blew $20,000 at UTI state side.

A lot of Chinese students catch up to the West simply by disassembling older US/Jap/German shit and watching Youtube/Youku repair videos too. Their insane at reverse engineering.

Wait till some firm figures out how to condense full engineering degrees into interactive Cousera/Youtube courses. Every pleb decended from a rice or corn farmer in Asia and Latin America will be equipped to compete with Euros and Americans without the steep costs of western living or union dues. Globalization is going to get crazy in the coming decades.
>>
Mexico is just a more attractive location than the US for car manufacturers now, it's not just BMW. All the new north american factories are being built in Mexico
http://www.wsj.com/articles/why-auto-makers-are-building-new-factories-in-mexico-not-the-u-s-1426645802
>>
File: oh_my_favorite.jpg (103KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
oh_my_favorite.jpg
103KB, 1920x1080px
>>15981385
Spics have managed to flood us with immigrants, steal away our industry and influence our politicians into complacency.

Mexicans are simultaneously the new Irish, Chinks, and Jews of this generation.
>>
>>15981385
Yeah sure, why pay burgers 10$ per hour if their brothers behind the border are happy to do it for a quarter of that?
>>
>>15980769
>>15980804
Samefag
>>
>>15981409
American workers earn close to $50 per hour. That's fucking insane for factory assembly. Mexican factory workers average closer to $8 per hour which is upper middle income in Mexico, given living costs. It literally makes no sense to pay Americans 5 times more for the same work, especially considering the US will only receive 1/4th of the vehicles produced here.
>>
Why can't we get a
>Jap made 3 series
>>
>>15981399
That's like capitalism is supposed to work mang.
1. Pay workers as least as possible to profit as much as possible
2. Move their job south if they demand too much
3. Blame the jews/chinks
4. Workers stay mad, don't unite, you can profit of them
5. ????
6. Profit
>>
>>15981432
how are they gonna milk you for parts if the car is actually reliable?
>>
>>15981432
But you can
>>
>>15981446
based lexus, how will krauts ever recover :3
>>
File: 1476168772921.jpg (65KB, 640x470px) Image search: [Google]
1476168772921.jpg
65KB, 640x470px
>>15981433
Except workers uniting and demanding far above their actual value is what caused the shift south, and it's the new more competent workers that are blamed.
>>
>>15981450
this

>pretentious unskilled retard asking more money
>humble skilled person asking less money

who will they hire I wonder

CAPITALISM, biotch
>>
>>15981433
>1. Pay workers as least as possible to profit as much as possible

Where is this stated as a rule of capitalism? Workers who are paid well generally produce higher quality, more innovative products. That's why Ford paid his workers so well and why Google and Daimler do in the present day.
>>
>>15981375
the shitty part is this is happening alongside fast advances in automation so these kids finally able to learn things will be in a world that doesn't need them
>>
>>15981423
but what about significantly worse assembly quality?
or do they just hire more QC to compensate
>>
>>15981472
Why are you assuming Mexicans are going to be producing subpar products compared to the apathetic UAW employees stateside? There's literally nothing to back this up. Contrarily, most statistics suggest the inverse. Fords top scoring factory regarding built quality is the Hermosillo plant in Mexico and Fiat-Chrysler's is the Ram factory in Saltillo, Mexico.
>>
>BMW
It doesn't matter if it's made by Hans in Hamburg or Juan in San Luis.
If it's poorly engineered (like most BMW products)… shit will break quick.
>>
>>15981433
>1. Pay workers as least as possible to profit as much as possible
>profit is only stuff that should've been payed to workers
Fuck off, Marxist retard
>>
>>15981457
This. This is the main reason why the US is loosing its manufacturing jobs. Entitlement. Both from workers and people at the high end of the corporate ladder. China and Mexico are becoming both cheaper and simply more efficient. Unionized workers know they won't lose their jobs so they half ass everything. Meanwhile landing a job at a car factory is a big deal in China or Mexico and the people that go after these jobs which typically pay around $10 hourly (very high for China or Mexico) are typically both college educated and vocationally trained, and they work harder as they know there are hundreds of other people in line to take their job should they fuck up. Compared to GED Jamal or Billy-Bob in the US who took a job at the Ford plant after they made some poor life decisions and expect to make $40 per hour or lackluster performance. Americans have an idea that they are insulated from the rest of the world while advocating for globalization.
>>
>>15981489
thank you but logic has no place on /o/ m8
>>
>>15981446

The Lexus IS has always been a sorry excuse for a 3 Series competitor. Falling very short from the target.

In its current generation, the IS 200t's 4-cylinder engine is nowhere as refined, smooth and well performing as Audi's, BMW's or Mercedes-Benz's 4-cylinder equivalent. The Lexus is rough, sounds and feels coarse. Their 8-speed transmission doesn't even feel as smooth as the venerable 6-speed it replaces. Not to mention it is not available across the range.

The IS 300 is again a sorry excuse for an engine that doesn't even make sense in their lineup. In a world where small 4-cylinder, turbocharged engines providing loads of usable torque across the range have been commonplace for years, it is simply antiquated.

The IS 350 which should be range topping is not nearly as competitive as the equivalent engines vs. Audi, BMW, Mercedes-Benz, Infiniti. It's venerable and bulletproof but is simply so outdated in this day and age.

The latter 2 engines can only be mated to the positively ancient 6-speed automatic as well.

Lexus needs to completely scrap and release new engine, transmission, drivetrain combinations to stay relevant.

I feel sorry for people buying IS models. If they do it for the bulletproof reliability, resale value and simply value itself, sure. But they need a reality check if they think Lexus is relevant at all from a performance perspective
>>
Some people hate Germans for what they did in the war, not me. I hate them because they taught Mexicans to play the accordion.
>>
>>15981514
t. buttmad kraut
>>
>>15981514
US consumers just get fucked. Toyota offers the 3.5 V6 with a Modellista supercharger in Japan and the 328i equivalent outside of the US market is the IS300h; an I4 with a hybrid boost. The IS200t is just a 320i competitor. I have no idea why the US market doesn't receive better engines, but it's retarded.
>>
>>15980769
The final proof BMW means Beaners Morons and Women.
>>
>>15981532
same reasons why mitsu always gave the US market gimped EVOs, because japs hate americans
>>
File: your_job_in_germany_1945.jpg (12KB, 250x184px) Image search: [Google]
your_job_in_germany_1945.jpg
12KB, 250x184px
>>15981538
>>15981540

>mfw when I realize the shit that the Kraut and Jap auto industries dump on the US market is just clever vengeance for losing the second world war
>>
File: porfirian spurdo.png (54KB, 864x704px) Image search: [Google]
porfirian spurdo.png
54KB, 864x704px
>>15981518
There is absolutely nothing wrong with Banda music.

Wilhelm did nothing wrong.
>>
>>15981514
I'd rather take a bulletproof drivetrain and slightly less performance than deal with Germshit maintenance costs.
>>
>>15981450
>>15981457

>working value far above your pay
>still lose job
>get blamed
>>
>>15981592
idk what any of that means I'm just shitposting
>>
>>15981578
>>I'd rather take a bulletproof drivetrain and slightly less performance than deal with Germshit maintenance costs.

That's fine but then you're accepting you're driving an average saloon with merely sporty pretensions.

I would rather drive a sports car.

Maintenance costs are irrelevant to me since all three German manufacturers offer free maintenance for the first 48 months.
>>
>>15980835
Continental Tire has the same labor force problems in Sumter. Fucking human garbage. Management placed a ONE MILLION DOLLAR pile of scrap tire components on the factory floor to get the point across, but it didn't work.

I won't buy Contis until my insider bros tell me the problems are addressed, but they won't be addressed. Conti chases away good workers by running rotating shifts but you can't tell Germans anything.
>>
>>15981592
Are you saying American workers are working far more in comparison to what they are being payed and they are still loosing their jobs because the companies want even more work for even less pay? damn, we are really fucked as a society when Automation and Robots completely take over everything in the future.
>>
>>15981604
all entry tier german saloons are bloated POSes nowadays
>>
>>15981492
Profit is the labor from workers that is not rewarded
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Surplus_labour
>>15981500
bootlick harder pls
>>
>>15981500
>This is the main reason why the US is loosing its manufacturing jobs. Entitlement
No, it's automization. That's where a majority of the "lost jobs" are being displaced.

Although yes entitlement does impact your job security when taxes are so high that it's cheaper to send your factory job to somewhere that has lower taxes and lower costs of labor. I can't wait to see what companies do when Hillary as president doesn't "allow companies to merge with a foreign company to avoid taxes". They are much smarter than politicians. They will find a way to stay afloat. And if they don't, say goodbye to jobs and GDP.
>>
>>15981399
Work hard and reap the rewards
>"wahh they took jobs I didn't want to do or am unqualified for!"
You white boys decided to be NEET weaboos; not our fault
>>
>>15981621
Stop saying this you fucking idiot

>bootlicker
You are the bootlicker, Marxist scum

>l-look I posted a graph I can't interpret and a wikipedia link I'm right!
Millenials in a nutshell
>>
>>15981621
>Profit is the labor from workers that is not rewarded
You actually cannot prove this
>>
>>15981489
>it's poorly engineered because I don't like them!
wew lad
>>
>>15981614
>>all entry tier german saloons are bloated POSes nowadays

Sure, however the Japanese equivalents are just as bloated and do not have the performance to back it up.

In a world nowadays where everything is over engineered for safety, regulations, efficiency, cost effectiveness. I wholly appreciate still being able to purchase a new, rear-wheel drive platform based vehicle with a manual transmission and a decent performing engine to boot.
>>
>>15981399
Steal? USA is advancing into newer fields. If you can't find job in this new American economy, the only one to blame is yourself. Nevertheless, who do you preffer to be building your cars? Mexicans or Chinks?
>>
File: mayo on a krabby pattie.jpg (3KB, 125x112px) Image search: [Google]
mayo on a krabby pattie.jpg
3KB, 125x112px
>>15981621
>Profit is the labor from workers that is not rewarded

I have a feeling you've never worked management nor have an understanding of economics.
>>
File: CEO_pay_v._average_slub.png (29KB, 754x454px) Image search: [Google]
CEO_pay_v._average_slub.png
29KB, 754x454px
>>15981596
Then tell me what it means.
There is a huge productivity increase and only a very small pay increase, no?
>>15981611
yeah boi
>>
>>15981645
sorry but we are talking about entry tier saloons, nobody cares about half an extra second off the 0-100 times and they sure as shit don't buy 320ds for their dynamic driving (it isn't even dynamic)

you said you have to be an idiot to buy a lexus over muh beemer but obviously you have to be an idiot to buy an entry tier german car when the jap equivalents are actually reliable as opposed to memes like german sophistication
>>
>>15981650
no mate, I was telling you I have no idea what any of this is I'm just trying to rile people up
>>
>>15981664
>I was just pretending to be retarded!
>>
>>15981645
>>15981661
also the IS350 pisses handling wise on the 335i so your point was moot from the start
>>
File: spongehank.jpg (101KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
spongehank.jpg
101KB, 1920x1080px
>>15981672
This. The IS is actually lighter than the 3 series. It has far better turn in too. On top of that it's more reliable and more comfortable. It only falters in straight line performance. Even then the discrepancy is only small.
>>
>>15981684
that's the consensus yes but many people have a hard time accepting that the market is changing

protip: bmw cares more about china market than idiots who buy their cars for handling
>>
>>15981661
>>we are talking about entry tier saloons, nobody cares about half an extra second off the 0-100 times

Where did I mention anything about numbers? See my original statement:

"In its current generation, the IS 200t's 4-cylinder engine is nowhere as refined, smooth and well performing as Audi's, BMW's or Mercedes-Benz's 4-cylinder equivalent. The Lexus is rough, sounds and feels coarse."

All else being equivalent, I am stating Lexus IS models are simply not competitive against their respective competition.

>>you said you have to be an idiot to buy a lexus over muh beemer

No, I said:

"I feel sorry for people buying IS models. If they do it for the bulletproof reliability, resale value and simply value itself, sure. But they need a reality check if they think Lexus is relevant at all from a performance perspective"

This was based on >>15981446 saying the IS models are Japanese 3 Series.

>>you have to be an idiot to buy an entry tier german car when the jap equivalents are actually reliable as opposed to memes like german sophistication

Please see my statement:

"Maintenance costs are irrelevant to me since all three German manufacturers offer free maintenance for the first 48 months."

When you remove reliability as a selling point, I get to choose between the best performing models for my money. Reliability and maintenance are non factors for me.

But again, if you use long term reliability to sell your supposedly performance saloon, it's just wrong at that point.
>>
>>15981626
Ok, please educate me then senpai. How am i wrong?

>>15981631
>>15981649
?
What is there to prove? A manufacturing company "buys time" from workers in which the workers produce goods. The company then sells these goods at a higher price than the price of the workers time. The gap between price and pay is the profit. The workers manufacture products more valuable then their wages.
>>
File: IMG_2258.jpg (242KB, 1280x853px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2258.jpg
242KB, 1280x853px
>>15981684
>>This. The IS is actually lighter than the 3 series.

From Lexus.com and BMWUSA.com

IS 200t is 3583 lbs
320i is 3370 lbs

IS 350 RWD is 3737 lbs
340i is 3704 lbs

>> On top of that it's more reliable and more comfortable.

Reliability is a non factor for me.

It is also not as comfortable as it's been plagued with a ridiculous hump in the footwell for 2 model years.
>>
>>15981747

I said 2 model years. I meant it's been a problem for 2 entire model generations.
>>
File: mexican engineering.webm (2MB, 960x720px) Image search: [Google]
mexican engineering.webm
2MB, 960x720px
>mexican engineering
>>
>>15981760

What happened.
>>
>>15981672
>>also the IS350 pisses handling wise on the 335i so your point was moot from the start

I found the suspension setup in IS models to be very floaty and tuned towards comfort.

German models at least offer adaptive suspensions that can be actively changed.
>>
>>15981760
>the guy crawling at the end

also

>mexican intellectuals
>>
>The next generation BMW 3 series will be built in Mexico.

Including the M3?
>>
>>15981827
M3 or M cars in general have never been made outside germany with the exception of the M coupe (z3) being made in the US.
>>
>>15981735
Then why don't workers sell the products they manufacture by themself at that higher price? Or better then, why don't they just sell their work at a higher price?
>>
>>15982533
Please dont use my waifu as an extension to your shitflinging
>>
>>15980835
Even Flat Rock is doing overflow assembly of the lower trims of the Ford Fusion. Hermosillo does almost all of them, and exclusively does the higher level Titanium/Platinum trims.
>>
>>15982325
You mean like that the workers have control over the means of production? You have just figured out what socialism is about.
I already explained why they don't sell higher in >>15981433.
>>
File: VW Wash.jpg (382KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
VW Wash.jpg
382KB, 1600x1200px
>>15980769
Cars made in Mexico are ABSOLUTE FUCKING GARBAGE!

Back in 2006 I used to work GeekSquad, I drove the Beetle around. Mine was Mexican build 2005 model. Got it with zero miles, and put around 60k on it in 3 years.
First year of owning it we were allowed to drive it for personal use, so I pretty much had a free car, and free gas for a fucking year. Slammed 30k on it.

Anyway, in the 3 years that I've owned it I had almost everything break on it. I probably had about 25-28 rentals. Each time something serious broke, but never the second time after that part was replaced.

Just a few things that I could remember
>radio
>radiator
>fuel pump
>wiper linkage
>transmission linkage
>torque converter, and pump
>crank seal
>crank sensor
>hood latch
>trunk latch
>AC
>washer pump
>door locks
>driver side window would not go up
>ABS system failure
and a few others I cant remember

At the same time my friend owned a German build Gold MK4 that had no problems at all.

Fucking beaners cant assemble shit. This wasnt a VW problem, this was a beaner problem. German made Beetles had no fucking issues.
>>
>>15980835
I wish there was a way to not have unions but not have essentially evil corporations. Too many faggots doing poor work but the union covers their ass.
>>
>>15982623
Nigger, it was a fleet vehicle. I dropped it off for regular maintenance, and got paid by the hour to sit at the VW dealership waiting on an oil change.
>>
>>15982636
Don't respond to cancer incarnate plz
>>
>>15982619
First of all that's bullshit as ALL Beetles built from 1999 to 2011 were made in Mexico, so I really doubt you could compare it to non-existant German built units. Secondly VW is garbage wherever their built. I used to work at a in indie Euro shop and saw far more issues on VAG products from Europe than Mexico. Mexico builts low spec vehicles like Golfs, Jettas and Beetles; the VAG products with the most problems are Touaregs, the CC and Audi products. These were all at the time built in Europe.
>>
>>15981423
They should give those poor Mexicans 50/hour too. They'll be much better off and since they're so hard working its not like the quality/cost ratio of Mexican production will suddenly become skewed... right?
>>
If Mexicans are such great, hard working people... explain Mexico.
>>
File: frog girl.png (44KB, 159x162px) Image search: [Google]
frog girl.png
44KB, 159x162px
>>15983186
Why would BMW pay Mexicans some absurd $50 per hour wage when high wages are the reason they're leaving the US, and $10 is already an upper-middle class income in Mexico?
>>
>>15983200
Alot of them are lazy. They dont choose to go to a vocational school early on or bother going to college. Then you have the people that come here illegally to simply make more money here to do shit work because they wont make money doing shit work in mexico. because they have no skills. Many of the illegals ive spoken with here have no skills. Alot of the illegals here in the US have a very native look to them. Theyre lower class people in mexico too and are lazy fucks too. I dont buy the 'illegals are hard workers'. Theyre parasites with no skills that couldnt make it in Mexico.
>>
>>15980769
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dnB80yDK-Us

They will follow the Audi model and mainly use robots to build the car. I think the first gen coming out of SLP will be sketchy because it's the first time they build cars in that state, but overall I don't think the germans will allow them to fuck up too badly, it is still their best seller.
>>
>>15983287
IRL, the more "Native" looking Mexicans; we call them indigenous here, are typically harder working because they're often from rural farming families where they'll literally starve or lose their housing if they don't work hard. They're just more often poor because they're from farming communities in the middle of no where. The lazy people you're referring to are typically entitled mestizo ghetto trash from poor urban areas who fucked up and gained no skills so have to go north for work. These same people are the people who feel they should get welfare payment when they reach USA. They're really the Mexican version of nigers or white trash. Trump is a moron, but he was definitely right about Mexico not sending it's best.
>>
>>15983317
You're correct. I do remember seeing lots of native(indigenous) people begging in Mexico growing up. or simply just working odd jobs You're also right about the urban trash coming over. They come over here and dont respect anything and have that arrogant sense of pride and entitlement. It irks me so much.
>>
>>15983144
First few years of the Beetles were made in Germany, I do not know if any where exported to the US.
Second, I am comparing it to a German built MK4 Golf which shared many components.
>>
>>15982560
>Workers having control over the means of production
>Socialism

I think thats the goverment.
>>
>>15983382
Ex VW tech here. I call horseshit. Despite what Germans want you to believe, Euro VWs are just as unreliable. Volkswagens break due to poor designs not because Juan screwed it together instead of Hans.
>>
>>15983577
well, when Jesus replaced the broken part at the VW dealership, it never broke again.

And considering I had 20+ mechanical failures on that damn thing, it must be the assembly plant, because the same parts made in Germany that were used as replacement have not failed.

And I wasnt the only dude with the Beetle that had similar issues. Our store had two bugs, and the second guy who I worked with for over a year had 9 or so visits to the dealer for serious issues.
>>
>>15983979
Maybe VW is just a shitty company?

They make Hondas and Toyotas in Mexico and that hasn't affected their reliability.
Thread posts: 102
Thread images: 22

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.