[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

PANTHER THREAD! Post your panthers/general discussions

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 5

PANTHER THREAD!

Post your panthers/general discussions
>>
wow
>>
How hard would it be to put a m5od-R2 5 spd in a 2003 grand marquis?
>>
Hey /o/, I've got a 89 Grand Marquis, and I want to improve my gas mileage; it has a 5.0 liter v8 (302ci).

I know to drive like a grandpa (lightly feather the throttle, don't do sudden breaking constantly, use cruise control as much as possible, etc.) but what else can I do to improve my mpgs? It's a summer car, so I won't be driving it around too much longer, but for next year I'd like to know. I plan on getting a wheel alignment and rotating the tires, but what can I do?

Thanks
>>
>>
>>15976626
change the gear ratios
lower it
larger wheels and tires
>>
File: image.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
Wagon's in the shop for a full tune-up cause the stupid ICM kept cutting out and stalling on me so I decided to change out distributor, cap, rotor, icm, pip sensor, coil and some hoses that need to be done.

>>15976626
Have a tune up done like me, changing the dist. isn't exactly necessary but check your cap, rotor, coil, wires, plugs etc. make sure your tires are filled with air at all times, and keep your foot out of it and you should make decent mpgs with an aod. But don't expect too much; it's still a v8.
>>
>>15976626
Get a new car
>>
>>15976675
>>15976689
Thank you anons for the advice

>>15976798
My car is fine, thank you. I might bet a new winter beater, though.
>>
>>15976626
Firs thing to know is what is the actual calculated fuel economy? It may be all the thing can do in the first place but without a number nobody can know.
>>
File: IMG_4323.jpg (835KB, 1280x853px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4323.jpg
835KB, 1280x853px
>fuel door doesn't line up with the body
>open it
>adjust bolt at top of latch, inhaling gas fumes because no room with the gas cap on
>close door
>push fuel door button
>door is now too far back and doesn't open
>wedge screwdriver in door, open it again
>loosen bolt again, move latch forward 1/32 inch, tighten bolt
>test door again
>everything works and now it lines up with the body like it should
>still have to vacuum the whole interior, 150k engine tuneup, plugs, wires, etc, change every fluid except wiper fluid, fix outside temperature sensor, put more cassettes in glove box, grease joints by wheels to prevent CLUNKCLUNK at full turn, wash and wax, put a full size spare in the trunk, put together trunk emergency kit, check if front left tire is leaking, set more mouse traps, change wipers, clean windows, manually adjust broken power adjustable pedals
>BUT AT LEAST NOW THE FUEL DOOR LINES UP

What have you done with your Panthers lately?
>>
>>15977356

Changed out the differential lube yesterday
>>
File: XA1Gq1V1.jpg (4MB, 4000x3000px) Image search: [Google]
XA1Gq1V1.jpg
4MB, 4000x3000px
>>15976207
Does a m50d even come in a modular bellhousing flavor? EVen if it does there are WAY better tans to choose from.

>>15976689
TFI modules do like to randomly shit out. I always keep a spare on me if I'm taking one of my shitboxes on a long road trip. Make sure to install the new one with thermal paste, and not the shitty di-eletric grease it come with.

>>15977169
>First thing to know is what is the actual calculated fuel economy?
This is the real question.

My old 91 wagon with 250k miles on the original lopo, 3.55's and the cruise set at @ 70 still got 25mpg on a trip to Detroit.

You should be getting high teens/low twenty's on the highway, and expect low/mid teens city.
>>
What's the best year CVPI? Were there any major changes in the last gen 98-2012 or just find the most recent/least trashed on at auction?
>>
>>15979360
>>
>>15977006
oh, I know it's a bit late but an exhaust system would also help with mileage
>>
>>15979328
love the wagon. Hate the stupid tfi. How do you like 3.55's with the AOD? Mine has 3.08s currently and I want to move up to 3.55s
>>
>>15977169
Hey, op here. Right now I get 15 miles to a gallon of gas. I do a mix of city and highway driving. Thanks.
>>
>>15981275
Not sure what you mean, bud. My car has an exhaust system already on it. Do you mean a cleaning of it?
>>
>>15983514
You're must be driving like a cop. Drive much slower and brake less.
>>
>>15983534
Please see my op; I stated I do drive like a grandpa and not a cop.
>>
Is a TR3650 swap out of a mustang a good idea? Buying a junk p71 for pennies and manual swapping it is a fantasy of mine. Would be cool to find a cheap wrecked mustang gt to be a donor. No shortage of those, heh.

Inb4 cop wannabe though, absolutely not. Just want a p71 for the upgraded bits over a regular crown vic, I'd try to keep it as far from looking like a cop car as I can. Mostly with meme stickers and plastidip, probably.
>>
>>15983526
meant freer flowing exhaust, not the restrictive stock system
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.