[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

First Manuêl Car?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 3

File: rsxs.jpg (56KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
rsxs.jpg
56KB, 600x450px
Been an automatic driver my whole time (It's what I got for cheap) and figure it's time for a 2nd car that's manual.

Problem is I never learned it or have anyone who drives one.

What's a good old cheap but peppy manual car I can get around $3k?

Also how are saturn ion redline's? I know nothing about saturn cars.

picture is the rsx
>>
>>15957051
Another rsx but baseline cause cheap then swap parts and sell is what i would do. That or get an em2 ex/Canadian special edition or get a teggy if you live somewhere nice. Could try a cobalt or mx3/probe(rare but findable for really cheap).
Im only saying similar cars by year, drivetrain and size.
>>
>>15957051
I forgot to mention that the ion is a cobalt that weighs more and some trims have lower specs for no real reason.
>>
>>15957051
I just bought a 2004 redline for $3k and I'm learning to drive it still. When I get rolling I'm good to go but I'm still getting the hang of first.

Had him drive it hard for a bit and heard the supercharger whine put a smile on my face instantly.

I tried to find a cobalt ss for that price but there was nothing. Had to drive a few hours to pick this up. Good luck finding one!
>>
Irrelevant thread jack, I guess, but I just bought my first manual car this past weekend and Ivr got used to driving it pretty well by this point. I am still having some difficulty going from stopped to first gear. It seems like I cant find the midpoint between "stalled" and "wheelspin". I've been erring on the side of wheelspin so as not to hold up traffic but it makes me look like an asshole and I'm sure puts unnecessary stress on the car.

Anybody have advice?
>>
>>15957249

Well, try this. At the same time slowly release the clutch while you're pushing gas pedal...
Also, depends on the terrain slope... bigger the slope, harder you push the gas pedal...
>>
>>15957262
Also, depends on the type of the engine...generally, diesel engines are much easier to handle...Clutch pedal has more span (range)...
>>
>>15957262
>>15957279
Thanks, that's good to know. I've had the most success so far with holding the clutch about halfway through its bite point so it has friction to spin the wheels to match the engine but it doesn't grab and jerk the car. Still, it all requires much more finesse and attention than I'm used to.
>>
>>15957303
To make it easier on yourself, you can just reference the tachometer to see if you have enough revs (it should be the same rpm every time on a flat surface). Just practice pulling the clutch up and putting the gas on slowly, you'll get the hang of it in time (and can usually tell by sound and feel alone) and can start doing it faster. Focus on doing it reliably for now, speed can come later. There's nothing more embarrassing than stalling at the lights.
>>
>>15957051
Ooooh the rsx type s is such a beautiful sleek machine

Get a wing on that bitch, it really completes the profile
>>
corolla is the only option
>>
File: Manuel_Ferrara_2010.jpg (56KB, 322x480px) Image search: [Google]
Manuel_Ferrara_2010.jpg
56KB, 322x480px
>>15957051
buy a ferrari
>>
>>15957051
I bought a civic ep3, I was considering an rsx amd a foxbody but idk I wanted the trunk space
>>
>>15957249

BITE POINT
I
T
E

P
O
I
N
T
>>
>>15957105
>Mх3
Yeah, if you can't get the 1.8 v6 don't do that
>>
File: mowog2[1].jpg (34KB, 500x334px) Image search: [Google]
mowog2[1].jpg
34KB, 500x334px
manual cavaliers and neons have pretty solid drivetrains, and the neon has better than normal handling because they were used in SCCA

first gen neon is a qt too
>>
>>15957684
just get an srt 4 bro......
>>
>>15957692

2nd gen is dogshit ugly though
>>
>>15957051
90's or early 00's toyota celica, just make sure to avoid ones with the ricey "action package" body kit

t. 7th gen celica GT owner
>>
Saturn ion redline are cheaper than dodge neon srt4 and cobalt ss.

I'd say it's a good cheap POS if you can find a stock one to just abuse the piss out of as a first standard car that's fast and /o/ still gives it the seal of approval.

It's not very sexy but the supercharger sounds cool.
>>
>>15957249
I think over time your left leg will make it a more smooth transition. It's just right now your leg is dumb as fuck, especially if you're right handed. It's like writing with the opposite hand. You can spell your name but it won't look very good.
>>
>>15957940
>Leg
It's all in the ankle, anon.
>>
>>15957660
I've never seen one without the v6.
>>
Maybe an SVT focus if you can find one. Very fun to drive.
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.