[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

rotary powered motorcycle? considering building a 13b powered

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2

File: maxresdefault.jpg (665KB, 4096x2517px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
665KB, 4096x2517px
rotary powered motorcycle? considering building a 13b powered ducati 821. how possible is this? it's small enough i think. im just wondering what i would do in terms of shifting and transmission and stuff. ideas?
>>
if you cut the outer jacket off, is it then air cooled?
>>
>>15955505
100% true
>>
RE5
>>
>>15955510
it would be extremely painful
>>
>>15955499
You'd have absymal fuel range and packaging would be a complete nightmare.

Good luck getting a motorcycle gearbox to mate up to a 13B.
>>
>>15955499
would it be possible to make a rotary with rotars that are thicker for more displacement?
>>
>>15955531
Mount it transverse and slap a sprocket on that fucker.
done deal
>>
>>15955499
I still don't understand how such an engine functions at all, let alone efficiently, and I've seen the animations multiple times.
>>
>>15955540
if you custom machined it, yes.
>>
>>15955531
don't care about fuel mileage. this would be a toy. i already have a kawasaki z800 and a ducati 696
>>
>>15955540
Just get a thicker dorito CNC'd and use a couple extra gaskets to widen it...

>>15955531
Shit, as long as he can get the goofy driveshaft mated to the input shaft, it might work.

Could the thing run on one rotor? Looks real easy to get rid of 2 out of 5 parts.
>>
>>15955566
there is already a single rotor engine called the 12b. it would work for sure.
>>
I love this thread
>>
>>15955499
forget the 13b get some other rotary or make something of your own designed to fit an existing bike gearbox
>>
>>15955521
ur a big guy
>>
They exist but don't expect to use a mazda wankel, they are too big
See norton, they've made a few rotary bikes
>>
File: qtwankels.png (288KB, 508x476px) Image search: [Google]
qtwankels.png
288KB, 508x476px
>buy 6/12/however many you want RC wankel engines
>combine them into one long engine that's still only a foot or two in length
>>
>>15955550
>suck
>rotate
>bang, suck
>rotate
>push, bang, suck
>rotate
repeat x 11,000rpms
>>
>>15955935
for you
>>
>>15955550
Its the crank centric that the dorito rotates on.
Its confusing until you see how the crank is turning and how it forces the dorito to move.
If you look at the op pic, you can see the teeth in the center of the dorito- this aligns with teeth on the case. The bearing surface rides on a crank journal that's offest like where a connecting rod sits. So when the crankshaft moves it in a circular motion(leaft,up,right,down) the gear causes the dorito to rotate as its moving.

If that makes any sense try looking at another animation now.
>>
Just buy a suzuki re5 and don't be a fucking hipster
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.