[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So I bought a new Fiesta st.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 6

File: IMG_20161001_011533.jpg (1MB, 6000x4000px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20161001_011533.jpg
1MB, 6000x4000px
And its fun as fuck. Its not fast but its quick for what it is. To be honest, I kinda expected a bit more with all the talk and positive reviews I've heard about it. I'm sure a few upgrades will make it better but It feels as though its just missing something crucial. Kinda like when I drove a FRS/BRZ, it was fun but was missing something. Maybe power?
>>
>it was fun but was missing something
Ecoboost
>>
>>15955030
This. Tbqhwyf
>>
VTEC
>>
>>15955012
>buying new
Coulda had a v8.
>>
>>15955047
>coulda had a v8
Then I would've spent more on a car I don't want or more into a swap that would've been more trouble than its worth.
>>
>>15955012
go mountain carving, its what this was made for
>>
>>15955012
I got one too anon, good choice! Let me help you out.

Great mods, highly recommend:
>intercooler
>tune
>rear motor mount

Decent mods, take it or leave it:
>coilovers (preferably adjustable)
>pedal spacer
>shifter/transmission bushings
>downpipe
>hot-side lower charge pipe
>better tires

Useless, only make noise:
>intake
>exhaust
>the rest of the charge pipes
>chassis bracing

If you want the best "bang for your buck" performance and improvement in driving dynamics: an intercooler with a tune is really all you need to safely add another 40bhp. Mountune makes conservative but very safe tunes, and they have full access to Ford testing data. Stratified is also extremely good when it comes to tuning. Cobb and Pumaspeed are more aggressive when it comes to tuning, maybe at expense of reliability.
>>
File: 1465705970034.jpg (188KB, 902x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1465705970034.jpg
188KB, 902x1200px
Cool man. Looking at one right now. So dissapointed in what Toyota has to offer and doing some research I may dip into a Fiesta or Focus RS
>>
>>15955314
actual advice, thats a surprise
>>
File: Untitled22.jpg (143KB, 847x619px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled22.jpg
143KB, 847x619px
>>15955012
i've tracked my car twice, something i will tell you is you are going to need to upgrade the radiator if you plan to track (small track where you dont reach 50+mph) at any outside temp above 80F

i can only get 2-3 laps in on this small track before the engine starts to get hot

this seems to only happen on this small track, i've been mountain carving at 90+mph and did not have any issues with heat
>>
>>15955012
>missing something
LS swap.
>>
File: wew.jpg (527KB, 2010x1330px) Image search: [Google]
wew.jpg
527KB, 2010x1330px
>>15955967
>>
>>15955967
>>15955983
seems to be a recurring problem with the current gen fost/fist is that the cooling isn't adequate for thrashing the car, which is counterproductive when they try to advertise it as a sporty car.
>>
>>15956115
yes this is true, but the other 98% of the time you are driving the cooling is adequate

i just love how i can push my car within it's limits on normal roads and not break the law enough to get in major trouble

i like to believe the lack of sound and look kind of underminds the car and make people/cops believe that the car has no power and is just like any other ecobox
>>
>>15955314
>>15955012
CATCHCAN

Buy one
>>
>>15956177
yeah, that seems to be the consensus, is that it's "good enough" for DD use, but it's still not gonna be the track slut that enthusiasts want...

Car companies keep spiting enthusiasts. It makes us sad.
>>
File: snug anime face.jpg (129KB, 1275x715px) Image search: [Google]
snug anime face.jpg
129KB, 1275x715px
>It was fun but it was missing something

power coming from the rear wheels
>>
I drove one spiritedly a few weeks ago, OP. That TVC is really nice in the corners.
>>
Not OP but I've scoured the internet for most of the day today.

I like the space of the FoST but after reading that 165 page thread on their wire splicing and shit harnesses causing stalling while driving I ruled it out completely.

My next concern is, just how bad are Ford dealers and their services? I'm seeing a lot of people say to never even consider dealing with them or going to them for car work/maintenance. That's the only thing back from considering a FiST

Otherwise I'm just going to play it safe and get a civic si.
>>
>>15955012
I know this feel, it's missing something. To me, at least in my ST, the electric power steering is my complaint with the car, fun as Fuck pocket rocket, with numb steering
>>
>>15955030
>>
>>15955314
Loool modding a new a car kek
>>
>>15955314
OR, you know, pay it off first if it isn't already?
>>
>>15955012

>It feels as though its just missing something crucial.

If I felt that, I would not have bought it.
>>
>>15957180
Lol just sell it
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.