[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What is /o/'s opinion on Aprilia?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 5

Ae they a bigger meme than Ducati?
>>
>>15954695
>Ae they a bigger meme than Ducati?

Explain what you think you mean by this.
>>
>>15954782
Ducati is kind of that default "Ferrari" of bikes.
>>
>>15954846

I see ducatis more like alfa romeo of bikes. Like sporty image, heritage, form over function and lifestyle bullshit like "character" or "soul".

Source: Own one. Love it.
>>
File: IMG_4928.jpg (377KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4928.jpg
377KB, 1600x1200px
Both are unreliable italian pieces of shit that people buy for intangible reasons such as "engine character" or "exhaust note". parts are impossible to find and maintenance costs an arm and a leg. the final package is a bit more refined but that is the least they can do considering they cost twice the price of a similarly performing jap bike. all of it is a meme anyways since BMW is the GOAT motorcycle manufacturer. no point in wasting money on anything else
>>
File: 20161007_120205.jpg (674KB, 2048x1152px) Image search: [Google]
20161007_120205.jpg
674KB, 2048x1152px
Despite sucking some major product placement cock and featuring in several big movies, they're still a niche brand. If they are a meme, they are a meme only for discerning hoons. But they are definitely for hoons. My first Aprilia was a winning mixture of L plates and built-in laptimers.
>>
>Aprilia
>anithing like ducati
They use JAP or can am engines
The few engines they developed in house are fantastic
They have very minimal electronics which, in most cases, are optionals and can be deactivated
They use the same ECU, the same controls and recycle many parts all over their bikes, meaning you can nick a repair from anything
>>
File: ducati 999s.jpg (119KB, 1280x896px) Image search: [Google]
ducati 999s.jpg
119KB, 1280x896px
>>15954857
you are the cancer that ruined ducati and made them into what they are today.

Ducati were always cool because they made fucking race bikes, the 888, 916, 999 and 1098 are the coolest ducatis for this reason.

Garbage like the panigale has ruined the brand.

>>15954918
>They have very minimal electronics

what the fuck are you on about, ever since the early days of motorcycle TCS aprilia has had the most advanced system, at the same time the S1000RR was still pogoing down the road, APRC had 3 stages of wheelie control.

They were the first people to ever fit launch control to a production motorcycle, and you reckon they have minimal electronics?

what the fuck
>>
>>15955079
>what the fuck
And yet the most advanced doodad my Aprilia has is enginemaps
And i love it this way
Not dissing Bosch ABS or auto revmatch, but i don't need that shit and it's less stuff to go wrong
>which on an italian is a good thing, see the 998 anon having his ECU sperg out for every oil/tyre/sprocket change
>>
File: 2-tuono1000r_factorys.jpg (89KB, 800x525px) Image search: [Google]
2-tuono1000r_factorys.jpg
89KB, 800x525px
I nearly died on my 03 tuono r about an hour ago
shits great
>>
>>15955079
>forgets to mention 748, 749, 998, 848,1198 and super rare 1198SP
>this guy knows nothing

The panigale didnt ruin the brand, fucktard....the germans did that. Sit a 848/1X98 next to a 1199 and you will see that the panigale is just a re-designed bike with little subtle exterior changes from the previous superbike.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.