[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Glass Cleaning

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2

File: Glass Cleaning.jpg (508KB, 1581x1269px) Image search: [Google]
Glass Cleaning.jpg
508KB, 1581x1269px
Nothing drives me crazy like dirty windows on a car. Thought i'd check in with you guys to compare products and swap tips. Pic related is what I use, this was the first time I tired the anti fog stuff, it was a huge bitch to get all the streaks off after using it. Anyone use a worthwhile anti fog TX besides the rain X brand?

My normal cleaning routine is
>Soak with glass cleaner
>Scrap down glass with razor blade
>Wipe down with waffle weave microfiber
>Soak with glass cleaner again, rub down glass with clay bar
>Another spray, another wipe down
>Apply Rain X per bottle
>Final buff with a waffle weave microfiber

That's for the windshield anyways, I find the side and rear glass can skip the razor blade. In between deep cleanings i'll just use distilled water and a waffle weave weekly to keep the glass clean on the outside. For the interior I just use distilled water and a waffle weave MF. I don't want to much glass cleaner to drip on my dash/plastics since I treat them all with 303.

Also while i'm here what about an alternative to Rain X? The Aquapel stuff on Amazon gets high reviews but it's fairly expressive compared to Rain X. Also thinking of switching to Zep glass cleaner. You can get a gallon for what you would pay for a 16oz spray bottle of Invisible Glass.
>>
>>15954147
How's that ocd going?
>>
>>15954147
Do not use the antifog shit

Before you clean the inside of the glass, clean the outside. Use the special lint free glass towels for the final wipe.

I've never used a razor, start with a good degreaser like Simple Clean, and chase with the claybar.

As far as rainx, I would use the washer fluid that already has the stuff inside, its just as good, and less work
>>
>>15954157
If i'm off my meds it's crippling. It takes all my will power not to soak all my silverware in a bleach/water solution for 2 hours instead of tossing them into the dishwater. I have set my water heater to a low temp because when I wash my hands I feel like the water is never hot enough to clean them properly and I gave myself 3rd degree burns before. I've been on edge since the FDA is banning certain antibiotics in off the shelf hand soap, I've been stocking up in the meantime. I spent 8 hours yesterday cleaning the grout lines in my bathroom with a tooth brush. I get up in the middle of the night 5+ times to check to see the door is locked. I wash my bed sheets everyday. My life is a living hell to be honest.

>>15954163
Yeah, the anti fog stuff was a mistake I think. Might end up going back in with some ETOH and a Waffle weave MF to get it off.

Simple Green will leave glass streaky as fuck. It's why most glass cleaners have ammonia in it, ammonia cleans glass without streaking.

I also feel like the Rain X in the windshield washer fluid is sub par in performance compared to the buff on/buff off stand alone product. Also will leave a slight haze on your glass that you can really notice at night with oncoming headlights. And it can clog your washer fluid lines. This is not even my OCD talking, google it. Tons of people have these issues.
>>
Hate to be a memelord but the method ChrisFix uses on his video is what I use and its great
>>
>>15954236
Damn. I have the same thing with checking the doors at home, work and my cars too but not with cleanliness. It takes me forever to close the shop because I check that everything is locked and shut down a million times. I use to be worse. Try an activity that doesn't allow you to go back an redo things. It helped me. I started doing glassblowing and with that process you have to keep moving forward even if it's not perfect.
>>
File: Carpool.png (643KB, 720x720px) Image search: [Google]
Carpool.png
643KB, 720x720px
>>15954147
Its just low grade wax senpai. May as well just use some carnuba
>>
>>15954236
>Simple Green will leave glass streaky as fuck. It's why most glass cleaners have ammonia in it, ammonia cleans glass without streaking
to clarify, you start with simple green to get the dirt off, and chase it with glass cleaner.

I used the buffing rainx, and the spray one. I could not tell the difference.
>>
>>15954555
I will also add that I've never had issues with rainx, been using it on my 07 Civic for almost 10 years, no issues.

I can see how the wax there can clog shit, but its no big deal. you gotta replace thoose lines eventually. my civic ones are getting cruddy.
>>
Ammonia will stain glass over time. Use an alcohol based cleaner like Aquapel

>source: guy who fixes windshields for a living
>>
>>15954315
He uses a magic eraser, i'll have to give that a try.

In case anyone wants to get them magic erasers cheap just go on aliexpress and search for "100pcs BAISPO White Melamine Sponge Magic Nano Sponge" and you can get 100 of them for like 5 bucks.

>>15954496
I tried it before, it has a halo effect in headlights

>>15954555
Maybe I will try the simple green then Still dont like rain x in the washer body

>>15954579
Total bullshit, i've been using ammonia for 15+ years and never stained any glass yet. Ammonia will fuck up tint though
>>
check out chrisfix on youtube. he has good uto glass cleaning videos
>>
>>15954459
>>15954236
Does it fuck with you if someone just says they're going to unlock all your doors while you're asleep?
>>
>>15954741
Wouldn't effect me because i'm checking them anyways.

Finger printing up my stainless steel kitchen would drive me nuts though. Along with coughing without covering your mouth.
>>
>>15954752
So if I told you I snuck into your house and put my greasy fingerprints all over one single kitchen item then buried it back where I dug it out of, it would mess you up?
>>
>>15954770
No because I know you cant sneak into my house because I got cameras
>>
>>15954778
What if I wore camoflauge?
>>
RIP OP, last seen going to check every stainless steel kitchen item.
>>
>Crumpled newspaper and ammonia/alcohol based cleaner
>Once over with a microfiber to dry / absorb from seams
>Carnauba wax

Usually do my windows once it no longer beads up.
>>
>>15954800
Your just being silly
>>
>>15954147
Invisible glass is great stuff, best glass cleaner on the market hands down.

Anti fog shit is useless, just use invisible glass for outsides and insides of windows. When doing interior windows, spray onto the cloth first as to not get shit everywhere.

Rain X is fucking rubbish, as someone who has tried a lot of different window products I can tell you Anglewax H2GO is by fast the best product on the market, last btween 2-3 months and beads water off the windshied from about 20mph, great stuff.
>>
I use Larrys method from ammo. Pretty much same as yours but no clay.
>>
>>15954147
INB4 RainX ShitStorm
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.