[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

hey /o are jdm cars actually good or are they just overhyped

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 5

File: weeaboo.jpg (18KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
weeaboo.jpg
18KB, 500x500px
hey /o are jdm cars actually good or are they just overhyped meme cars worshipped by weaboos?
>>
They're not good but they're a damn sight better than any American, German, or Italian shit
>>
>>15953587
Enjoy dem speed limiters

But depending on the age of the car, lots of cars imported into North America had shitty and weak engines compared to the same models in Yurop and Japan.
>>
It's a meme because the motor's exported in the 90s were usually detuned for emissions purposes so if you could get your hands on something 'jdm tyte' it would have a little more hp.

These days its just idiots slapping jdm on things when they don't even know what it means.
>>
>>15953587
Most 90s Japanese cars are a good blend of reliability, economical, and fun to drive.

Most American cars in the 90s focused on straight line acceleration and were poorly built
>>
>>15953668
And here's somebody who doesn't understand what JDM means
>>
>>15953709
>doesn't understand what JDM means
His post indicates he does.
But yours doesn't.
>>
>>15953606
>this is what 17 year olds actually believe
>>
>>15953587
90s JDM cars were okay, and could shine through a fairly weak competition in Europe and the USA.
Current day JDM is on par with the rest, all the factories are in China or Malaysia, speed limiters on every vehicule, etc.
>>
one issue i know of is the fuel octane ratings

when i had a gto it was tuned for 100+ octane fuel, premium jap gas

whereas in canada 94 is considered high octane but wont run the car properly, knocked so much it put the car in limp mode
>>
>>15953587
unless you want some special snowflake JDM tyte y0 car i don't know why you'd go through the hassle of importing one instead of just buying a japanese car for your domestic market
>>
>>15953709
You know a lot of 90s Japanese cars were built in Japan right.

How is that not JDM?
>>
>>15953776
>tuned for racing fuel
>ran like shit on pump gas
>>
>>15953814
JDM doesn't just mean "made in japan", it means produced for the local japanese market
>>
>>15953814
Japanese Domestic =/= Japanese Export
>>
>>15953837
except its not "racing fuel" you can buy that shit at the pump in japan its just called premium pump gas
>>
>>15953837
>>15953776
Octane ratings in the USA use a different system to the rest of the world that under-rate the fuel.
>>
>>15953860
>>15953844
Wouldn't it really depend on the car?

There is literally no difference between my FRS and a JDM gt86 aside from the badges and placement of the steering wheel.
>>
>>15953902
>badges and placement of the steering wheel.
it depends on the car, but those are the kind of differences that JDM fanatics obsess over.
>>
everyone ITT is a faggot including me
>>
JDM only matters for really specific cars and years where the US import (if they got one) was packaged with worse engines or other downgrades.

Otherwise there's literally no problem with the import version over JDM unless if you've got a hard on for right hand drive and truly Japanese cars.
>>
>>15953916
pls be in London
>>
>>15953860
If that was it means then keep in mind that Japanese roads and rules are very different from the U.S and therefore the engineering of the vehicle may not be ideal for you.
>>
File: ss+(2016-10-07+at+11.29.53).png (15KB, 360x607px) Image search: [Google]
ss+(2016-10-07+at+11.29.53).png
15KB, 360x607px
>>15953879
>>15953876
>>15953837
>>15953776
Left: Global octane rating
Middle: unused rating system
Right: "Unique" american system.
>>
>>15953945
I meant if for the Japanese market.
>>
Here's the real answer.

A skyline GTR, rx-7, Supra and Evo are all in their own class.

They are fucking amazing cars (not the best cars, but still fucking amazing).

Then you have vape nation, stance faggots running around thinking anything is good and "JAYDEEM BRO" just because it comes from japan.

They want to associate their econoshitbox with some legendary tuner icons, like poser faggots.
>>
>>15953614
most of the speed limiters used a wire from the dash cluster to the ECU, you could cut it and seal the end with no repercussions other than a removal of the limiter.
>>
>>15953587
I like my honda because it's super easy to maintain.

Not fast, not riced.

Just a solid ride that i can count on.

Their slogan was literally "It'll Get you there" at the time, and it's damn correct.
>>
>>15953726
>doesn't understand JDM

>>15953814
>not JDM

At least wikipedia the stuff before you get all butthurt when somebody proves you wrong. You're anonymous anyway.
>>
>>15953709
Junkmobile
Dick
Muncher
>>
>>15954000
Someone watches RCR.
>>
>>15954000
yiff in hell furfag
>>
File: 1468854139305.png (322KB, 480x800px) Image search: [Google]
1468854139305.png
322KB, 480x800px
>>15954457
>>15954525
>calling someone out for watching RCR

>Not calling him out for parroting opinions.
Oh wait, i forgot where we were for a moment.
>>
>>15954592
just cause it's a similar opinion to rcr doesn't mean it's not still his own legitimate opinion?
>>
>>15953587
Well, OP... The answer to that question would obviously depend upon whom you are asking!

If you are asking a weaboo like myself, who is madly in love with jap shitboxes, then obviously the answer is that they are AWESOME!
Thread posts: 35
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.