[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Canada Classic WRX Import

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

So I'm thinking about importing an older WRX to use as a year-round daily driver. Something around $6-7K would be nice. Anyway, I have some questions about the GC or "Classic" WRX generation. The Japanese versions of course.

>The GC WRX was the fastest generation right? It only weighs 2750lbs and makes 280PS stock.
>After 1996 the WRX got a power increase to 280PS. The STi is also rated at 280PS and appears to have the same engine model. What's the main advantage of the STi? I know they didn't even have DCCD until around 2003.
>Any particular year I should avoid? Any particular year I should look for?
>I've read some bad things about the model year 2000 Bugeyes. What exactly makes them bad?
>Just how shitty is the interior?
>Any random bits of information I should know?

Enjoy this weird 1992 WRX promo video:

https://youtu.be/rcWSTVDa5Ss
>>
*exhales legendary cloud*

suhhh duu
>>
having owned a 2000 subaru GC8 2.5RS swapped STi here's what I can say
>lightest subaru chassis
>vast aftermarket
>swapping engines is as easy as a honda
>interior is alright, but you can modify it to your likings with "zealous interiors"
>Join rs25 for any more info
I had mine swapped to a closed-deck EJ20G it is unkillable, the stoutest of them all next to the highly expensive version 7 STi block from a bugeye STi.

it was the most fun I have ever had in a car.
I sure miss it.
>>
>>15948554
interior updated in 98(?)
I like the older style interior personally.

The bugeyes have shitty transmissions the 5 speed

Almost bought a 96 GF8 wagon but before i got there the car got rear ended
>>
>>15949997
>The bugeyes have shitty transmissions the 5 speed
I own a slightly later bugeye(02) and the transmission is easily the worst aspect of the car. It feels like a bucket of rocks.
>>
>>15948554
>with kyle maclachlan
lol what
>>
>>15948554
>importing an older WRX to use as a year-round daily driver
what the fuck
>>
>>15950268
In Canada a gc8 wrx is like 5 or 6 grand for a decent one
leaves room for repairs
>>
What part of canada?

What broker are you going with?

If you're on the west coast look at b-pro
>>
>>15950268
What's so weird about that?
>>
>>15948554
>>15948554
You're just reading off of wikipedia, aren't you? It refers to the STI as the WRX, but it means the STI. The WRX isn't as fast.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.