[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So. Does the Fox Body GT count as a hot hatch? What prevents

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 10

File: image.jpg (80KB, 1024x681px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
80KB, 1024x681px
So. Does the Fox Body GT count as a hot hatch? What prevents it from being one?
>>
not ecoboost
>>
Humor me here. It IS a hatchback.
>>
File: overhead4.jpg (263KB, 1268x954px) Image search: [Google]
overhead4.jpg
263KB, 1268x954px
a) It's a liftback coupe, not a compact hatchback.
b) It's fucking huge for non-American standards.
c) It's not the performance version of an economical car but a performance car in itself.

You wanna know what's an American hot hatch? Shelby GLHS.
>>
File: 00R0R_khqmoGQBYHX_600x450.jpg (49KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
00R0R_khqmoGQBYHX_600x450.jpg
49KB, 600x450px
It has a rear deck plus there's a notch version. Also, pretty much predates the concept. Is the Omni GLH-S a "hot hatch"? Technically, but not REALLY
>>
>>15948251
In lamens terms, yes, but a hatch back is typically associated with an increased cargo area ala shorter wagon.

The Mustang falls under the "Liftback", which classifies cars that have a sloping coupe-like roof line but with a hatch door leading into both the cargo and passenger area rather than a trunk.

Toyota Celica's from the 4th, 5th and 6th (maybe even 7th, I dont remember) were all available with a liftback and are not what Id consider to be a hot hatch as they simply dont have the roofline.

But if you want to argue semantics then I cant help you.
>>
>>15948225
No.
>>
no

its a shitbox liftback

>>15948269
>pretty much predates the concept

no it doesnt

the GTi came out in 76 and it wasnt even the 1st hot hatch
>>
File: 1384643870206.gif (1MB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
1384643870206.gif
1MB, 250x250px
>>
>>15948251
It's a liftback. It's a pony car. A hot hatch is a faster version of a hatchback econobox.
>>
>>15948295
I'm quite confident in all the world for all six years of their production nobody ever called a 100hp Mk1 fucking Golf a "hot hatch"
>>
>>15948267
>Caroll what should we name this car
>Make Goes Like Hell an acronym
Love Shelby's work.
>>
>>15948360
uhh

yeah it was

its clear you have 0 zero nada zip knowledge of the autmotive world
>>
>>15948360
I know you're not being ignorant on purpose but simply because you're American and unable to comprehend automotive cultural circles other than your own 400 hp 20 ft 5000 lbs barge jerkfest.

The automotive situation in Europe was vastly different at the time, engineering solutions derived from needs more often than from wants, so an affordable performance variant of an economical car was not only a novel concept, but contrary to your implications the Mk1 GTI was indeed a quick little bugger weighing in at under 1,800 lbs. The car had been recognized for what it was from day 1, the term 'hot hatch' was merely coined a few years later.
>>
>>15948391
I heard they don't even have cars in yurop because they're way too expensive and "petrol" is way too expensive. I did hear they have trains though.
>>>/n/
>>
>>15948267
a)ricer logic. It's a hatch
Hatchback
noun:
a car with a door across the full width at the back end that opens upward to provide easy access for loading.
b) It's smaller and weighs less than a 1 series BMW. Also, even a Civic hatchback from 05 has a larger wheelbase than the fox.
C) The fox came in many variants even with a shitty 2.3l pinto motor. The Fox weighs less the compact Pinto based mustang II that came before it. The fox mustang was definitely an economical compact car back in its time. It also happen to be a very successful little hot rod.

Ricers and fanboys will always be butt-blasted. IDK why, the fox is a favorite to hate on probably partly on its large success just brings disdain and attention to how shitty their aftermarket low performance their car has. This whole counter-point will fall on deaf ears as the ricer will use logical fallacies to shift the goalpost.
>>
>>15948417
You know how you Amerifags always huddle up and cry about being the only ones who can decide what counts as a muscle car whenever the term comes up?

Well, guess what. Us Europeans are the only ones who can decide what's a hot hatch. Bite my butt.
>>
>>15948267
a)ricer logic. It's a hatch
Hatchback
noun:
a car with a door across the full width at the back end that opens upward to provide easy access for loading.
b) It's smaller and weighs less than a 1 series BMW. Also, even a Civic hatchback from 05 has a larger wheelbase than the fox.
C) The fox came in many variants even with a shitty 2.3l pinto motor. The Fox weighs less the compact Pinto based mustang II that came before it. The fox mustang was definitely an economical compact car back in its time. It also happen to be a very successful little hot rod.

Ricers and fanboys will always be butt-blasted. IDK why, the fox is a favorite to hate on probably partly on its large success just brings disdain and attention to how shitty their own ricer car community is. This whole counter-point will fall on deaf ears as the ricer will use logical fallacies to shift the goalpost.
>>
>>15948417
you know youre retarded as soon as you come in with the old vs new argument

and no

the Foxbody is several hundreds lbs heavier than the Mustang II
no it wasnt economical in the slightest
its not a hatch

I like how youre already damage controlling by the end of your post like you know youre full of shit
>>
>>15948435
We get it. Europoors are butt-blasted that they never had access to such a great car that was affordable, powerful and light. Plus it was rwd with a limited slip. The irony of your post is who are you to judge if you never had access to the car. You're absolute ignorance is hilarious.
>>
>>15948360
Well you are right as the term came about during the production of the mk2. But everybody considers the mk1 GTI to be the original hot hatch.
>>
>>15948284
>lamens
>>
File: a112_3.jpg (186KB, 1200x767px) Image search: [Google]
a112_3.jpg
186KB, 1200x767px
>>15948476
>But everybody considers the mk1 GTI to be the original hot hatch.

nah
>>
>>15948468
I know enough to say it's not a hot hatch. Because it's not a hot hatch. You can sit in your own $2000 piece of shit foxbody tonight and cry yourself to sleep about wanting it to be a hot hatch, and even that won't make it a hot hatch.
>>
File: 1333994611611.gif (2MB, 440x284px) Image search: [Google]
1333994611611.gif
2MB, 440x284px
>>15948517
>responding to trolls
>>
File: delusions_anon.jpg (70KB, 745x332px) Image search: [Google]
delusions_anon.jpg
70KB, 745x332px
>>15948442
I'm just deflating any validity to the counter-point you think you have.

You're using no true Scotsman argument for what's a hatch.

Also, the base model mustang sold for close to the price of a VW Rabbit
>>
>>15948550
>Jalopnik as a source

holy shit the ignorance

its not a hatch by design either

just because you want it to be one doesnt make it so

your fallacy abuse is a fallacy too

basic af
>>
>>15948492

nah m8
all thats missing is the hatch, but this is the actual predecessor
>>
File: Anons_delusions.jpg (390KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
Anons_delusions.jpg
390KB, 800x600px
>>15948595
>>Jalopnik as a source
>holy shit the ignorance

Burden of proof logical fallacy. Check!
>>
>>15948627
:eyeroll

go back to /pol/ cringelord
>>
>>15948417
>>15948438
>>15948468
>>15948550
>>15948627
Please stop embarrassing foxbody owners. It has a deck. It's a pony car with a liftback. Jesus.
>>
>>15948627
ad hominem, check
>>15948627
See that pic anon? The one with the hatchback in it. The hatch door is open and it appears to be triggering illogical nonsense from you. Not attacking you but it's a weird thing to witness. It's just a hot-hatch man. Chillax
>>
>>15948776
>he cant even quote properly
>all he can do is look at is chart and shitpost

still not a hatchback
>>
>>15948750
>liftback
That's literally a marketing term for a hatchback...
>>
>>15948810
It's for when the hatch part goes up instead of out, with a fastback appearance to the car. I wouldn't consider the mustang a hot hatch since it's a pony car, a hot hatch is a little econo-hatch that's been souped-up.
>>
>>15948799
>he cant even quote properly
>all he can do is look at is chart and shitpost

What's funny is you can't see the irony of your post. Strawman my little mistake to quote the correct post once. Wow, good one anon!

OP, there's no legitimate reason to not call it a hot-hatch
>>
>>15948830
>drive 4th gen ls1 trans am and 91 ef civic

There both hatchbacks anon
>>
>>15948854
>more chart picking

wew
>>
>>15948830
You can't even define it without using the word hatch... For a car to be called a lift-back it has to be a hatchback as well.
>>
>>15948869
Yeah but a car can't be both a hot hatchback and a pony car. A hot hatch is a fast econo-hatch. A pony car is a smaller unibody car with a smallblock and coupe styling.
>>
>>15948861
I never did. Idk what you're talking about. All my statements are backed by evidence of them and there was no cherry picking. The fox gets a weird irrational hate thing going for it and you're proving my point the entire way through.

>>15948881
>but a car can't be both a hot hatchback and a pony car.

says who? The pony car is an american affordable compact sporty car. The hot hatch is a small, affordable, compact sporty car with a hatchback. With that overlap, there's no reason you can't have a car that meets all of that.
>>
>>15948945
You've actually changed my mind on the fox being a hot hatch but I still probably won't refer to it as that.
>>
>>15948953
I generally don't either. It's a cheap go fast car. That's all I really care about. It just happens to be a hatch.
>>
>>15948953
>>15948973

Well I'm glad you agree. The entire post started when I had too much time at work lol.
>>
>>15948550
Just want to point out:

>2015 Fiat
>500c Abarth: 2,545 pounds
http://www.fiat500usa.com/2014/06/2015-fiat-500-abarth-specifications.html
>>
Now. Is the fox body the most versatile readily available vehicle for its sale price? Without swapping the engine, it can fit any role from a drifter, to a dragster, to a trackster. It's massive aftermarket and factory attributes allow it to be specialized however the owner would like. Is there another car that can fulfill that role?
>>
>>15949510
It's a heavy bitch comparitivrly. But the question is: is it hot?
>>
>>15948225
>what prevents it
mainly muh feels from the faggots.
>Is it?
Yes and no.
Same reason the Acura Integra/Yota Celicas are considered "sports coupes" instead of "hot hatches".
You can make the argument either way, doesn't mean it's worth it to make the argument in the first place.
It's a fun car, that's about all that should matter unless you joined a racing series that's x class of car only.
Thread posts: 48
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.