[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

80's JDM

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4

File: Model_Coupe_TurboRS-X.jpg (52KB, 454x250px) Image search: [Google]
Model_Coupe_TurboRS-X.jpg
52KB, 454x250px
How are Japanese 80's sports cars compared to their 90's counterparts?

They always seem to be overlooked- is it just because of Initial D?
>>
File: zsex.jpg (57KB, 500x269px) Image search: [Google]
zsex.jpg
57KB, 500x269px
can't say they were boring
>>
Pretty much

Cars are just like pretty popular girls

People only like the "fast" pretty ones, if you get my drift . .
>>
>>15947589
It's probably because 80s JDM stuff is usually really showing its age. Stuff from the late 90s is still relatively modern.
>>
>>15947636
more pix like this please
>>
>>15947589
>How are Japanese 80's sports cars compared to their 90's counterparts
Not as good. That isn't to say 80s Jap sports cars are bad, but the 90s models are superior. In comparison to the 2JZ, the 7M a shit. The 4G63T and RB engines only improved over the years and the S12 was succeeded entirely by the SR20-powered S13 to 15.

Some good stuff died out before the 90s Jap sports car arms race, though. No Starion, SVX, and while the S130 was packing on the pounds it was nowhere near as fat as the Z32.
>>
File: youngin.jpg (208KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
youngin.jpg
208KB, 1024x768px
>>15948096
>80s JDM stuff is usually really showing its age.

but, but, I don't feel old anon
I was even the first Nihongo to win WRC 3 times- am I old?
>>
>>15948143
>the S12 was succeeded entirely by the SR20-powered S13 to 15.

what about the 2.0 L FJ20ET I4 turbo?
>>
>>15948152
Outmatched entirely by the SR20DET in stock form and the aftermarket options for the SR20 are still bottomless. They've only got a bad rep over here because retards kept beating on them and blowing them up with eBay mods.
>>
They're pretty slow. The engines were less powerfull in the 80s (there was still some room for improvement). 90s cars are just as fast as modern ones.
>>
>>15948175
>The engines were less powerfull in the 80s
by only about 5-10% for the 4 cylinders (comparing the ones with intercoolers and same psi)

>>15948173
>Outmatched entirely by the SR20DET in stock form

How? From research, it seems Nissan only introduced the SR engine because of stricter emissions . .
>>
>>15947589
truth is , and its a hard truth for you weeaboo cunts.

1980's Japanese cars were for the most part pure and utter shite.
they were in fact SOOOOO bad Honda decided to use BRITISH plants to make cars for the European market.

the main failing was the cheap steel used for the bodywork.everything else would run forever but the bodywork rusted if you even looked at it the wrong way.
1980's jap ars were Lancia tier rust buckets.
>>
File: lancia sados.jpg (54KB, 800x450px) Image search: [Google]
lancia sados.jpg
54KB, 800x450px
>>15948204
>Lancia tier rust buckets

*rusts internally*
>>
>>15948204

But even 90s jap cars still rust just as bad, especually if you live anywhere near snow. This only improved in the 00s for everything except Mazda, which still uses steel from the 70s or something
>>
>>15948195
>it seems Nissan only introduced the SR engine because of stricter emissions
It could just be that it was a newer engine and if the FJ had persisted into the early 00s it'd be superior, but in it's top trim stock in the Skyline (as the one in the S12 wasn't as good) the FJ20 was putting out 150kW compared to the 180-something of the SR20 in the S15 Spec-R.
>>
>>15948204
>tfw rust isn't an issue and imports are plentiful
>"hoon" laws only an issue in VIC, regular coppers too inept to tell an inline six from a V6
>>
>>15948683
That was due to different
>turbos
>psi (Mostly)

FJ20ET with intercooler and SR20DET with same psi settings produce almost identical power
>>
Fj20 can have shrapnel fly around inside it and work perfectly fine
Sr20 explodes itself if it missed an oil change
>>
I just got an 87 mr2 and I enjoy it way more than my old 91 miata
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.