[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What opinion or insight do you most agree with? Which do you

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 4

Choose an opinion from one of the trio and explain why you agree or disagree.

You can do just the one or all of them.
>>
>>15947177
Provide examples of their opinions or insights
>>
File: emojis.png (40KB, 615x276px) Image search: [Google]
emojis.png
40KB, 615x276px
James May dislikes black Twitter.

I agree with that.
>>
>>15947193
>>15947199
I'm referring to their views on automobiles and the auto industry in general.

For instance Clarkson believes the Prius is a crime against humanity.
>>
>>15947177
I liked it when Jeremy made fun of Mercedes for always being in the shop. I agree with him and because its the fucking truth and it triggers normies right proper.
>>
>>15947218
Well that's just horse shit.

It's lame or whatever but save the environmental cost of production, the more clean cars less dependent on fossil fuels the better for us.

Yeah yeah legislation and the 1984 slippery slope of all cars needing to be self driving evs, okay. But at the end of the day, 2 priuses offset a Challenger.
>>
>>15947498
Basically this. Plus city air would be unbreathable without advancements in exhaust treatment, and the more fuel people save on their commute, the longer we can burn it for fun.
>>
>>15947498
Iirc he dislikes them because they're toted as "green" but have a larger carbon footprint throughout their lifetime
(Mining/shipping/smelting materials for batteries)
>>
>>15947498
>>15947519
>This is what retarded leftist actually believe
Hybrids are gimmicks for retards who believe everything at first glance.
>OMG a HYBRID HOW GREEN
>ZERO EMISSIONS GUISE WOW
In reality the production of hybrids causes just as much pollution as a regular car during manufacturing.
Make sure to read the part about how China is providing cheap lithium by not giving a fuck about pollution laws.
http://science.howstuffworks.com/science-vs-myth/everyday-myths/does-hybrid-car-production-waste-offset-hybrid-benefits.htm
>>
>>15947177
James' opinion on the Caterham 620 vs 160
>>
>>15947177
James may likes normal cars.
I like normal cars
James may is best
>>
Hammond because he's an Ameriboo and loves musclecars and general American cars.
>>
http://www.topgear.com/car-news/james-may/james-may-writes-about-his-love-clapped-out-cars

James May is the only one with an actual passion for cars, the other two are just passionate entertainers.
>>
>>15947797
Well, hammond seems to genuinely have a soft spot for American musclecars and Americana in general, probably from one too many movies.
>>
>>15947797
Hammond blew up the engine on his girlfriend's car while she was away for the weekend, only to do an engine swap before she got back.
At least he said that on the show one time.

And he seems to be good at fixing cars, too. I remember when he got the Opel running again after flooding the engine in some river during the Africa special.

I think all three seem passionate about cars.
>>
>>15947797
James May can, and in fact has, made me watch an hour-long program about putting an old telephone back together and end up wanting to watch more.
>>
>>15947893
James does end up being more relatable than the others thanks to his interest for old cars, as well as being more pragmatic than the other two.
It's a bit easier to feel close to a guy who knows his shitty cars and can (atl least try to) fix them than the guy who tells you how great the latest <100k bucks sport car is.
>>
>>15948432
Americans, please stop using < and > the opposite way. <100k means "less than 100k".
>>
File: le mini face.png (436KB, 720x406px) Image search: [Google]
le mini face.png
436KB, 720x406px
>>15948460
fuck having an AZERTI keyboard and trying to no-shitpost at 2 in the morning
being french is suffering
brb, killing self
>>
>>15947610
you're a retard
>>
>>15947177
James May, without a doubt. Wouldn't watch the show without him. Clarkson is generally fun, good frontman, Hammond can be fun for a laugh at times, but May is 10/10 consistently, whether it's humor or informative dissertation or cooking a shepherd's pie, he is absolutely captivating.
>>
>>15947933
the reassembler is great
>>
>>15947177
>hurr we're British
>let's hate American cars, lol
But that's really just Jeremy's position, yet he loves the Ford GT, so he's probably just memeing on us.
>>
>>15947599
That's assuming you can just summon petrol out of thin air.

Protip: Oil extraction is dirty business too.
>>
File: topgear2014_rutledge_gallery_6-P.jpg (451KB, 1038x539px) Image search: [Google]
topgear2014_rutledge_gallery_6-P.jpg
451KB, 1038x539px
>>15948432
>a guy who knows his shitty cars and can (atl least try to) fix them
>>
>>15947177
I despise Clarkson's extreme hatred for motorcycles, and how he clearly biases Top Gear against them. I mean, he knows how to ride, crashed at Silverstone once- na don the AUS vs. UK special, he has to pretend he doesn't know anymore? That one time he set up a CBR600 against an Atom?

I think he got scared after the crash, and that's completely understandable, but I think it keeps May and Hammond from giving bikes some love - although the Vietnam special was one of their best in my opinion, and it heavily featured bikes.

>>15947797
I personally think all three have created persona's of themselves, with May appearing as the tinkerer, and Clarkson as the oaf. Brilliant on stage - but I doubt that Clarkson can't wrench. I like to think he could.
>>
>>15950947
>I personally think all three have created persona's of themselves, with May appearing as the tinkerer, and Clarkson as the oaf.
I wouldn't say May's tinkering is a persona, it shows up constantly in everything he does. His other shows are fantastic as well; Reassembler, Cars of the People, the one about toys I can't remember the name of, even the one where he travels around with some bald guy tasting wine.
>>
>>15951259
Well, I think that Clarkson is kind of suppressing the tinkerer in him, while May can just let it flow freely. Clarkson would kinda be ashamed if he admitted he just played an oaf for 20-some seasons, May can just go ahead and nerd the fuck out, and nobody would care, they love it actually if he does.
>>
>>15950212
WHY IS THAT SO?

I FEEL THE SAME THING.

Especially when he says, "Good news!"
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.