[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hit and run

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

File: hit-and-run.jpg (400KB, 1280x960px) Image search: [Google]
hit-and-run.jpg
400KB, 1280x960px
Need some advice /o/. I was in a hit and run yesterday where a driver hit me and 2 other people on purpose. Heres the story
>driving down 3 lane, 45 mph road
>POS honda civic next to me
>all of a sudden dude literally jerks his steering wheel
>hits my rear quarter panel
>WHATTHEFUCKMAN
>I'm pretty much seeing stars at this point but the dude gets in front of me and jumps out of his car
>I'm thinking he's gonna apologize or something
>nope
You guys aren't gonna believe me but
>starts running like a madman towards me
>stops halfway
>he literally says "fuck you faggot" and runs back to his car.
So I chase for all of about 5 mins until I watched him PURPOSELY hit 2 other cars and decided I'm not gonna put everyone else around me in danger because its a busy street and i'm weaving in and out of traffic. I could tell the dude was obviously cracked out.
I got his license plate number and knew his exact car. I only have liability insurance so I'm assuming I'm screwed unless he gets caught and has insurance? I won't find out for the next couple of days if he was caught or not, the cop I was with said it was very likely he would be because they got reports of the same car crashing into a pole shortly after.
Also general Hit and run stories thread?
>>
And what do you need advice with?
>>
>>15946453
Just wondering if anyone else here has been in this situation, if he doesn't have insurance I'm wondering if it's worth it to sue if he's caught or what action I should take if he does have insurance.
>>
File: 1475620938355.jpg (21KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
1475620938355.jpg
21KB, 480x360px
>>15946445
FUCK YOU FAGGOT

*runs back to my car like a madman*
>>
>>15946521
Asian Hicks?
>>
>>15946445
If you filed a police report, there's not much you can do unless you're willing to submit a claim against the underinsured/uninsured motorist coverage for some sort of injury sustained in getting money.

This is what collision insurance and premiums are for...
>>
>>15946445
File a policy report

I've been in a similar situation before, just not a car accident. There is a reason why some people carry a gun, I'm just happy I didn't have to draw my gun that night...
>>
>>15946538
>>15946542
I did file a police report. I had one of the two other people that were hit with me also.
>>
If he doesnt have insurance the only way you'll get anything from him is suing. But given that he doesnt have insurance, chances are he's poor and you wont get much, especially with several other drivers likely also suing.

Talk to your insurance agent (if you have one) and see what they recommend you do. If you have access to a lawyer, or dont mind paying out the ass for a consultation, talk to one and see what they think. Hope that he has insurance because that's probably the only thing you'll get money from. Also, dont be stupid and only have the minimum liability on your policy. Hit and runs happen all the time
>>
>>15946445
>not having a dash cam
>>
>>15946565
The good news is in terms of pricing calculation for your insurance, with a police report on your side insurers won't count it against you in future auto insurance pricing because a hit and run assumes fault on the other driver.
>>
>>15946603

>not shooting him

What are you anon? A commie?
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.