[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/commute/ thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 7

File: M1-driving.jpg (436KB, 1500x1000px) Image search: [Google]
M1-driving.jpg
436KB, 1500x1000px
here is a thread for c/o/mmuters who drive a considerable distance to get to their job/school. How do you manage? What tunes/ car mods do u have to optimize it? What driving strategies do you recommend?

I like to listen to nigga rap and pretend im an OG in city but change to taylor swift on freeway
>>
>>15943451
>I like to listen to nigga rap and pretend im an OG in city but change to taylor swift on freeway
Consider suicide
>>
I used to have a decent commute, 30 minute drive of just straight interstate. Put the top down and put on some jcore/vocaloid/jpop/whatever I was in the mood for as loud as my 5 piece 800w system would go.
In December, I put on a Santa outfit, people love that shit, seeing Santa pass them in a little convertible. I had fun everyday
>>
>>15943461
>being an overcompensating numale
kekking @ ur life
>>
>>15943451
>25 miles on mondays
>have to commute between three schools
>about 40:60 surface street to freeway ratio
>Eurobeat on the surface streets because I downshift more
>anime soundtracks on the freeways because no once can judge me

Can this be a driving music confessions thread?
>>
File: C O O L V I B R A T I O N S.jpg (36KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
C O O L V I B R A T I O N S.jpg
36KB, 480x360px
I average 15k-25k miles a year mostly highway

>mfw I get to write my mileage off of my taxes

basically I drive a 20 year old comfy turbo volvo and just cruise around at +5mph the limit on cruise control. I'll listen to what ever I feel like, got a bluetooth head unit and tiny sub. Really what helps me the most is smoking while I drive (inb4 degenerate/ ruining the resale of a 20 year old Volvo, ect.), its my guilty pleasure.
>>
File: top2.jpg (147KB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
top2.jpg
147KB, 1600x900px
>>15943790
>Can this be a driving music confessions thread?
it can be whatever you want it to be, big guy
>>
>>15943826
Philosophical memes thread?
>>
50 miles one way for school
no regrats :^)
>>
>>15943835
wew. and i thought 30 miles was bad
>>
>>15943983
And the traffic is shit. I love it.
Cali's highway system is pure horseshit
>>
>>15944140
Yup, I hate it sometimes with shit tier drivers and accidents far too often
>>
>>15943835
Where at?
>>
30 mile round trip for school 3 times a week. 1 mile away from work 5 times a week. i listen to nigga rap or eurobeat depending on my mood. volume always on max
>>
>>15944298
Northern San Diego County to Irvine
>>
>>15943451
bompe
>>
>>15945773
Neat. I commute between the 2 East County colleges and SDSU
>>
>>15947807
why not just go to 1 college
>>
gotta go 15 miles to school everyday and >no license or car

It's basically all back roads tho so most times i just drive a 150cc moped illegally and sometimes a friend will get me if it's storming
>>
>>15943451
When I head to work in the mornings I listen to the news or talk radio, coming back I listen to a mix Punk bands and Metal. if the weather isn't piss hot or below freezing, I have my windows down. My commute is a 50 mile round trip, with a decent chunk of it on country roads, traffic is always congested in the mornings, but the evenings aren't as bad
>>
>>15949567
maybe he teaches
>>
chill out and ride in the far left lane until you get to your exit. i'm talking real bumper to bumper crawling type traffic. clearly you don't do that when it's flowing.

don't swerve through traffic, it's wasted effort, you won't get there faster

try to use your brakes as little as possible. don't ride up and slam, ride up and slam. cruise from 'wave' to 'wave' of braking. you might live in a place where retards will get in front of you if there is space. so be it.

don't get flustered. traffic is traffic. you are as much a part of the problem as anyone else.
>>
>>15943451
>tfw moved into a new house and my 10min commute turned into a 12min commute
F

Years back I was going to school innacity. Not that far of a drive, but traffic and the fact that no highways anywhere nearby made it turn into an hour commute 3x a week. I would drink a big cup of coffee and smoke 2 or 3 bowls before I got to my first class.

In the afternoons I would try and get out of there by 2pm and beat traffic most days but if I left any later I would just go to the skatepark down the street and chill until 7pm when traffic died down.

Having a long commute to work blows though. My last job was 30min to 45min but at least traffic wasn't normally bad, just another thing where none of the highways went near the place. But if you are on the clock 8hrs, a long commute is the difference between an 8.5hr day and a 10hr+ day. I hope the money is worth it.5
>>
30 miles. One hour.

The first 20 miles are open country road and open highways. The last 10 miles are Pittsburgh, PA and take up 40 minutes of the commute every day.

In the year I've done this, I've become a completely jaded asshole of a driver. Allegedly I can transfer to another site outside the city soon, I've been sending out résumés to other companies if not.
>>
>>15949610
You from Boston? That is, to a T, the sage advice my dad gave me. The best part was he used to commute in on the abortion that is 128.
>>
File: zoSADlN.jpg (74KB, 816x460px) Image search: [Google]
zoSADlN.jpg
74KB, 816x460px
>>15949610

> chill out and ride in the far left lane until you get to your exit.

> you might live in a place where retards will get in front of you if there is space. so be it.

There exist places where if you let people get in front of you, you will be there for a very, very long time.
>>
File: IMG_20160825_132649.jpg (2MB, 4160x3120px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160825_132649.jpg
2MB, 4160x3120px
40km to the Uni
40km Back

Im Just listening to the Sound of my Engine
>>
>>15949567
SDSU is too expensive for me to go full-time, so I'm taking some engineering courses at one school, some German courses at another school, and taking all of my special classes at State
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.