[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What's the ultimate form of commuting? Walk Bicycle Motorcycle/scooter

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

File: bike-commuting.gif (1MB, 1900x1267px) Image search: [Google]
bike-commuting.gif
1MB, 1900x1267px
What's the ultimate form of commuting?

Walk
Bicycle
Motorcycle/scooter
Car
Public transport
>>
>>15934778

Motorcycle. Fast enough to not disturb traffic, small enough to avoid congestion.
>>
>>15934778
a really well run light rail system
its not like you were going anywhere special
>>
>>15934778
There is no ultimate in commuting. All the ways of transport are just another method of sheep herding.

Living to work is miserable. When you're working to live, work is your life and your home. Transport is only for travel and business.
>>
>>>/n/
>>
>>15934778
>What's the ultimate form of commuting?
Think outside the box and don't limit yourself to one mandatory form. For example, if you live far away from school which has limited expensive parking and surrounding neighborhoods that prohibit school parking, then you use a car bike. Park the car a half mile away from school. Take the bike out and ride that in to school. Works well and limits your time in the rain if such occurs. The car is parked outside the prohibited parking zone of neighborhoods surrounding the school.
>>
>>15934807
Found the NEET
>>
>>15934778
Retarded question. Motorcycle, bar none. For $3,000, you can commute on a machine that has the power to weight ratio of a Koenigsegg CCX. The manual transmission makes the experience immersive and engaging. You literally ride a machine that is perhaps 0.5% different from what is used at the highest level of motorcycle racing. It's small, nimble, and can easily weave through traffic in parts of the world where it's legal. Take your latest meme hybrid super green ultra-efficient faggot car and just throw it out the fucking window, because the same race machine will get better mileage than it.

Only disadvantage is what would have been a simple fender bender will probably require an amputation.
>>
>>15934778
It depends on the circumstances. Motorcycles are great, but pretty stupid if where you need to go is only 6 blocks away. Bike are great too but you wouldn't want to bike for 1 hour if you could drive 20 minutes. Do you need to bring things with you? You might need a car. Public transport is always shit unless its via train (not the subway but like an actual big train). I only take public transport when it's raining/snowing heavy and I can't ride my bicycle. [spoiler] I don't have a car [/spoiler]
>>
File: road legal 962.jpg (130KB, 800x533px) Image search: [Google]
road legal 962.jpg
130KB, 800x533px
Road legal racecar, of course.
>>
>>15935347
Nah. If i didn't commute myself i wouldn't be so familiar with the misery of it.

Also, this belongs in >>>/n/ and i'd vote bicycle, because it's the form that leaves you to be most human, without being dependent on schedules, traffic, parking restrictions and other lawful forms of humiliation.
>>
>>15934793
This, until a chink in a 4x4 gets you
>>
>>15934778
Pick the right tool for the job..
I would walk or ride a bicycle I could get there in under 30 minutes comfortably.

I'd use a car or van or truck if I needed to carry tools or transport a lot of stuff.

I'd use a motorcycle/scooter if I can park it somewhere safe and didn't need to take more than a backpack/luggage box worth of stuff. I never need to deal with snow but I don't think I'd ride one if the roads were icy however.

But public transport sucks, I'd only use it if I couldn't afford or lost the means to use anything else. The only benefit is being intoxicated or sleeping while you're commuting.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.