[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The lowest TCO $ cars are hybrids

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

The lowest TCO $ cars are now hybrids. Did environmentalism give us all better cars?
>>
Yeah I fell for that meme. Now my hybrid is falling apart at 200k. Computer shit going wrong left and right. Only Toyota can fix it. They issue out a buttload of tsb and fuck you when the cars old enough to get those problems. Out of warranty of course. Everyone's solution is to yell and be a prick until they honor it.

How the fuck could they know the cost of ownership on such a new car?
>>
>>15932886

200k? How old is the car?
>>
>>15932875
>boiling down a car purchase to just numbers
i sure hope you guys don't do this.
>>
>>15932875

I'll walk before I willingly spend money on a hybrid.

It's a gimmick.
>>
>>15934362

Isn't reducing to numbers better then whatever this person is doing? How is it a gimmick if it is delivering real TCO success?
>>
>>15932886
>falling apart at 200k

did you expect it to last you forever

its probably something stupid like a short in the harness or bad grounds
>>
>>15932886
Same here, my dad bought an '07 Camry Hybrid, needed 2 battery pack replacements, and 3 electric motor replacements. After the transmission died and engine started knocking at 505k miles, I gave up and finally bought a new car.
>>
>>15934362
>I'll walk before I willingly spend money on a hybrid.

That's fine, but if you don't like the way I drive my hybrid, stay off the sidewalk. :)
>>
>>15932875
Only because the externalities associated with manufacturing the battery arrays aren't put on the customer via the price.
>>
>850$ a year to insure a Prius
I didn't know that CR was a bunch of 18 years old living in Toronto with a few accidents.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.