[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

QTDDT

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 314
Thread images: 45

File: DSCN0883.jpg (1MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
DSCN0883.jpg
1MB, 3264x2448px
Alright guys, Questions that don't deserve threads time. my dad has a 1963 buick lesabre with the original 401 nailhead, it was parked in '03 due to low compression in one of the cylinders, I really want to tear out the old nailhead and transplant a pontiac 403 small block he has laying around but im unsure if the pontiac engine is compatable with the buick automatic transmission, the 403 is a '77. pic related is the nailhead
>>
>>15923128
>nailhead
hmm, I thought I knew most about these classic engines, but what the heck is a nailhead??? How does it work different than flat six or v8 etc...
>>
File: nailhead.jpg (184KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
nailhead.jpg
184KB, 1600x1200px
>>15923157
>>nailhead
basically its called a nailhead due to the shape of the valves in the head, instead of the standard looking valve they're really long and have a small diameter, hotrodders back in the day called them nailheads. To Quote wikipedia,
>Buick's first generation of V8 was offered from 1953 through 1956. It was an OHV/pushrod engine like the then new Oldsmobile "Rocket V8" engine. This engine became known as the "Nailhead" for the unusual vertical position of its small-sized valves, which were derisively compared to nails since their head diameter is smaller than other comparable displacement engines of the same era.[1] The Nailhead V8 family used a camshaft with greater lift and duration to offset the smaller-sized valves and arguably restrictive intake- and exhaust-port diameters. The small-diameter intake runners allowed these engines to develop high torque, with many exceeding one foot-pound per cubic inch, which was exceptional for the day. All of the Nailhead designs have 4.750" Bore spacing.

The Buick V-8 was originally called the "Nail Valve" by early hot rodders because the valves looked like nails since the stems were so long and the heads were small. At some point "Nail Valve" got replaced by "Nailhead."
>>
>>15923157
small valves the sit vertical instead of at an angle
>>
Why is cars 4-stroke over 2-stroke?
>>
Feel stupid for asking, but, need some other peoples input and didnt want to start a thread.

Switching from conventional to synthetic and vice versa.

Destroyer of motors or just a myth?
>>
>>15923203
More efficient, less pollution.

Two strokes don't burn all the fuel before the port opens and the exaust is sucked out, there is often unburnt fuel being shot out

Secondly it makes for a more consistent powerband, four strokes have more low end tourque, faster acceleration

Two strokes can scream up to high RPMs and will beat four strokes on straight stretches (bikes) but fours will always beat them on curves.

Same goes for snowmobiles, bikes, jet skis etc

Even new generators are four stroke
>>
>>15923315
I'll add

4-stroke requires a lot less maintenance compared to 2-stroke, although 2-stroke tends to be much easier to work on
>>
I have a question: should I get a brand new air filter for my car, or is kicking the dirt out of it enough? It was pretty dirty when cleaned it out by slapping it against the tire
>>
>>15923273
I haven't noticed a difference. Synthetic might last a little longer, but if you get the correct weight for your engine, and change it every 3000 miles you should be fine. Feel free to try meme oils if you'd like, I'm happy with my Pennzoil from Walmart. Get a good filter tho
>>
>>15923273
A myth.
>>
>>15923371
Here they are in descending order of what you should do.
1)replace the filter
2)replace it once you can no longer see light through the pleats, and bang it out every now and then
3)use an air compressor to blow the dirt out of it
4)knock it out against your tire
5)flip it over backwards to use both sides
6)just take it out and burn it and never look back

I would do one or two, tiny particles of dirt get trapped in the filter element and will not come out no matter what you do. Replace your filter right before it starts looking pretty dirty basically
>>
>>15923128
I'd have to guess it won't be op. See if the 403 ever came in a car with the same transmission. More recently Buick, Pontiac, oldsmobile (all Chevy basically) all used the same engine and transmission across the line but back then they all had their own way of doing g things and didn't share as many parts. If the bolt pattern is the same and the torque converter bolts up with the right spacing you should be able to get it to work
>>
>>15923128
Doubtful. The 401 is pretty specific to that car, and you have the last year of dynaflow transmissions, which were also Buick specific. That said, you could probably drop the transmission from the 403 in with it, and just find adapter joints for the driveshafts. You'll likely have to make some motor and tyranny mounts, but that's not as hard as it sounds.
>>
>>15923534
>tyranny mounts.
Tranny.

Thanks auto correct.
>>
>>15923128
Just rebuild the nailhead. The trans won't bolt up. The nailhead has the older buick bolt pattern, while the pontiac has the newer BOP pattern

>>15923203
You don't have to add oil every fill-up (Shouldn't have to, anyway), better emissions

>>15923273
myth. Synthetic is superior for extreme cold and hot climates

>>15923371
New will always flow better than an abused, old filter.
>>
>>15923500
Damn, that's what i was worried about.
>>
>>15923534
The thing that sucks is that is what my plan originally was, until i found out that my dad didn't buy the trans with the 403
>>
>>15923128
>pontiac
>small block
Pontiac only has one block, and it ain't small.
Stick with the original engine for that resale value.
>>
>>15923578
the pontiac 403 was a big displacement small block, This is from the wikipedia page:
>The 455 "big block" Olds V8 was replaced in 1977 with the 403 cu in (6.6 L) "small block" V8. It used a wide 4.351 in (110.5 mm) bore, the largest ever used in a small-block V8, with the Olds small-block standard deck and 3.385 in (86.0 mm) stroke. The bore was so wide that the cylinder walls were "siamesed" (similar to the Chevrolet 400 CID small block engine) — there was no space for coolant flow between the cylinders. This sometimes led to overheating problems. Some very early 403s were painted metallic blue like the 455, but most were painted GM Corporate Blue. The Olds 403 was used by Buick and Pontiac in addition to Oldsmobile. The engine was only produced through 1979. Output was 185 hp (138 kW) and 320 lb·ft (430 N·m). The Toronado version of the 1977 Oldsmobile 403 engine was fitted with a crank triggered ignition system. Parts peculiar to this system include a toothed disc between the harmonic balancer and the crank pulley, the adjacent sensor (which predated the modern-day crankshaft position sensor, which Oldsmobile used with their Quad 4 in the late 1980s with a cast-in toothed section of the crankshaft), a special distributor, an engine temperature sensor, and a rudimentary computer mounted inside the car, under the dash. No other years or models were provided with this system.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oldsmobile_V8_engine#403
>>
>>15923568
Craigslist/swap meet/junkyards. Shouldn't be hard to find one.
>>
>>15923386
>>15923552
>>15923420

I thought so. Got in an argument with the "professionals" at autozone about switching over to synthetic. They told me they would be seeing me soon for damaged parts and told me they know a good mechanic when my motor needs rebuilt. Everywhere else i search say it is not a problem. Did the switch over today after doing a half blend last oil change.
>>
why do people not like the 3.0L V6 Ranger?
>>
>>15923128
Never swap the original motor if its rebuild able. The 401 is just better than the 403 anyway. You'll get a better return on investment if you keep it
>>
>>15924788
Because it's a toss up as to your engine being a lemon or not. The 4.0 L is a true truck engine vs the 3.0 L that they stole from the Taurus.
>>
I need some help in purchasing my first vehicle. I currently have ~$3.6k saved up, I make ~$800 a month and have little to no expenses. I live in South Florida, so 95% of car ads on craigslist are spanish-only and in miami. I have no idea where to start.
>>
What is the point of the lights flashing for both ways, I just want to indicate one way, why do I need both ever?

Seriously guys??
>>
>>15923697
The only things that could go wrong would be:
Increased leakage due to ALREADY DETERIORATED seals that leak after the removal of sludge
Clogged oil filter due to sludge being knocked around in the engine.

When I switched to synthetic in my Jeep 4.0l, i did an oil change with the cheapest synthetic and filter at vatozone, ran that for 500 miles, then changed the oil and filter to quality oil (Rotella T6 and Bosch / Mobil 1 filter) and everything worked out well.
>>
>>15924788
Worse gas mileage than the duratec 2.3, less power than the 4.0.
>>
ok QTDDTOT help me out.

1993 cherokee just got engine back together. thing is spotless with 232k miles. runs like a sewing machine. guy who kept it was immaculate but it's a little boaty on the road when changing lanes. steering is tight doesn't drift or brake pull, just seems... boaty. like my dad's old 1974 Chrysler new yorker. I've owned a number of cherokees/comanches, none were like this.

shocks maybe? easy way to test? I need to order my shit from amazon prime asap.
>>
>>15925240
also stock no lift everything is tight
>>
Is there any purpose to an air intake resonator that I should worry about? I was cleaning the throttle body on my truck and broke part of my resonator and fixed it with some sugru but want a more permanent solution.

I noticed that people just delete that part and replace it with some straight pipe instead with fittings for the two hoses coming off of it (I think to the valve cover and the fuel pressure regulator). Would deleting that part have any negative effects? I've bought a better radio for the truck so I don't really care if it produces more engine noise.
>>
/o/ please help you could save me lots of money
So I want to lift my pickup 2-3" and get some bigger tires on it. To get bigger tires I'll need to get bigger wheels because the stock ones aren't wide enough, so I want to get some 16x8s as that's about as cheap as I can go. The wheels I'm looking at have a backspacing of 4 in and the lift kit I'm looking at says I need 4.5-5 in of backspacing for 16x8 wheels. Would 4 inches of backspacing be fine, and if not, why?
>>
>>15925460
You can put 10.5 wide on 7" rims
12.5 on 8" rims

probably more

whether the 4" is fine depends entirely on your vehicle, the tires, the width the tread, fender mods etc.

You just have to go down to the tire store and try. the risk of not enough back spacing is tires hitting fenders instead of stuffing, rubbing on bumper corners and fender insides, none of which is likely critical.

Ideally go with plain black steelies with the recommended backspacing, or put your tires on the current rims and see how it works first.
>>
>>15925086
>>
>>15925594
>>15925460
wheel diameter
bump stops
how you drive
whether the swaybar is connected

probably more

just go to your local tire store and have them test fit
>>
>>15925460
>>15925594
>>15925609
New question.
After looking around I'm considering keeping the stock wheels. Stock wheels are 16x6.5 and I have 245/75r16 tires. Would tires with a rim width range of 7-9" work (275/70r16)? What about tires with a rim width of 7.5-9" (285/75/16)?
>>
>>15925649
>275/70r16
.6 inches bigger on each side. not noticeable
you're also going up 2/3" in diameter, that's literally 1/3" bigger radially, so with a 3" lift you shouldn't be anywhere near anything. I can't imagine they'd even look that much different from stock, you'd get nearly as much difference going from bald to new or light truck to ATs in the same size.

>>15925649
>285/75/16
.75 inches wider on each side. probably not noticeable. immaterial considering you're going from ~30.5" to ~33" diameter. I'd guess if you think you can clear an additional 3" at lock you'd be plenty safe, that said rubbing isn't an actual problem at full lock, 3/4s stuff etc. I used to drag the shit out of my wheels and it just buffed off the coating inside the fender well. Anything that gets torn off was just in the way anyway.
>>
>>15925240
How much play is in the steering wheel? Like how far can you turn it with the engine off before you feel any real resistance?
>>
>>15925761
I'd get 275/70r16 to be both cheap and on the safer side of things plus I think even regardless of the small change in diameter I think the considerably wider tire would look better. But if it'd actually be safe for me to go with 285/75r16 I'd rather do that.
>>
Check engine light came on. I replaced my dead battery maybe a week and a half ago and think that might be why. Should I reset my maintenance lights using this guide first?

http://my.prostreetonline.com/2014/08/05/how-to-reset-your-honda-civic-maintenance-light/

If it comes back on, I imagine I should bring it to advance or some such to check it for free? It's a used '05 civic with 60k.
>>
>>15925794
they'll check it for free but they won't reset. of course if you slip them a tenner...

>>15925778
I'd go with the 285/75/16. You'll be fine. Normally I'd recommend going straight to 33x12.5r16 but on second thought you really need an 8" rim for that. I think the 285/75/16 will go barely on the 6.5" wide wheels. I'd rather see 7" wide but people do much crazier shit (see stance idiots). Unless you can't buy it or the tire guys say they can't do it go for the 285/75/16
>>
>>15925773
none. I thought it was play in the steering box at first but it is really quite normally tight.

I did the bounce test too and it bounced 2-3 times so I went ahead and just bought a round of shocks and steering damper. cheap shit, $110 for everything, but I'm guessing with the mileage there is a lot of opportunity for the shocks to be older than 50k anyway.

I just really don't want to crawl around and do shocks... I've had more than a few back experiences with mounts, sheared bolts, rust... sigh
>>
>>15925839
Isn't resetting just holding down the button and setting the key to "on" as per the link? I can do that myself.
>>
>>15925888
yeah but you won't know if you reset a critical code

and most vehicles don't allow you to reset. I prefer to have my own reader in any case. I reset, passed emissions and the engine code (turbo underboost) came on again as I was driving away. eventually got it replaced, but not in time for emissions
>>
>>15925907
But if it's a critical code or any issue that's not a delayed response from the battery, won't the light just come back on anyway? Also the link I posted says specifically how to reset the lights and it seems very simple. Am I wrong? Not trying to sound like a dickhole.
>>
>>15926012
if you reset the code you may never know

just go get the free test and then reset

then you'll know and you'll only lose sleep tonight
>>
>>15926015
Oh, will it not come back on if I reset? I can do either no problem, just curious.
>>
>>15926019
sometimes. my turbo code came back but only after several months, then next after the dyno emissions test an hour after reset.

I'm just saying you might as well find out what it is before erasing then you won't have to wonder if/when it will come back
>>
>>15926033
Will do. Thanks.
>>
Found a Chevy sonic LS. My only issue is that it's a first year model. Anyone have any feelings about the thing?
>>
>>15923128
What exactly should I search for if I'm trying to find Impreza coupes in the US? What's the trim?
>spent so much time thinking about it
>always just called it an STI coupe
>>
>>15926277
Dealer or private?
You could go to cargurus and use their search filter by entering make, model, year, distance from your zip, price, body style, etc... like it doesn't get easier than that.
Trim is the letters after a name like <car name> "LX, LT, LS, LZT " it differs between makes but notates a package of things like power windows, seats, sunroof, etc.
>>
How do i import a vauxhall
>>
File: rear_diagram.gif (51KB, 2180x1300px) Image search: [Google]
rear_diagram.gif
51KB, 2180x1300px
So, the rear right wheel is very low, lower than other wheels by an inch, and I had to stretch the coilover to its maximum safe length to equal the height with other wheels. What could cause this unusual low wheel? What should I check?
>>
>>15926698
Collapsed strut?

I don't understand wheel is lower are you on a lift or do you mean the corner of the car is lower? And how did you stretch, gravity and a floor Jack or with a scissor Jack between axle and frame while on a lift? How do you figure a maximum safe lengthy? Are you stoned?
>>
>>15926698
I am assuming the collar lenght on the coilover is not the same as the other wheels now, is it?

Did you just install the coilover kit? If yes, was the wheel lower than expected before installing the kit? If no, have you touched anything before the problem happened?

If the wheel was normal before installing the kit, then you may have the wrong spring installed, which is lower than the others, or maybe a missing helper spring on that corner if your kit has them.

So raise the car, check the numbers on the springs of that axle, see if they match. In case you can't read the numbers, loosen all the collars to the point the springs are no longer compressed and check their lenght, they should be equal on the same axis.
If everything looks normal, check other suspension components for failure or misplacement
>>
File: file.png (145KB, 1133x723px)
file.png
145KB, 1133x723px
>>15926841
Rear right corner of the car is lower. The strut looks fine. Stretching as in adjusting the usual ride height, to maximum safe height as per manual. Though I was confused but I like your idea on the gravity with scissor jack.

>>15926846
Yes... all coilovers are at different length, they are suppose to be different, right? (Driver side heavier?) I made the rear-right coilover a lot longer than the rear-left to make up for that low wheel. I haven't checked the springs as I thought it would be something to do with the suspension joints and bones. Will go thru the check list and post back.
>>
File: wheel.jpg (225KB, 2000x1500px) Image search: [Google]
wheel.jpg
225KB, 2000x1500px
I have these OEM 19" AMG wheels on my car, stock rear tyre size is 275/35/19. Will 285 section ones fit?
>>
>>15926961
>they are supposed to be different, right?
Between front and rear, yes, they may change a lot, but between left and right the difference should me very small, and you should set them after some measurements, not because of eyeballing.

You should start by setting all the collars on the same axis to the same distance from the bottom of the strut, and then tweak their position as you start measuring.

Remember to put your car on a surface as level as possible (being level between left and right is more important than being level between front and rear) and to move your car a little bit every time you lower it from a jack so the tires can settle in their final position.

But before anything else, check your springs, you may have wrong ones on that corner
>>
>>15926990
>10 cm wider
>5 cm per side

yeah I think they'll fit
>>
What do you lot think about the Subaru Crosstrek?
>>
File: 1407058890646.jpg (93KB, 502x567px) Image search: [Google]
1407058890646.jpg
93KB, 502x567px
>>15927217
>10cm
>>
File: C1-C8 Solo NB.jpg (8KB, 229x350px) Image search: [Google]
C1-C8 Solo NB.jpg
8KB, 229x350px
I'm thinking about getting seat covers for my car (2016 Mazda 3 5 door). I work construction and feel like I would rather be riding my ass dust into some replaceable seat covers than the upholstery. I also have a furry motherfucker of a dog who sits in the back seat.

Has anybody used seat covers before? Is it possible for them to not look like complete dogshit? Do any at least fit decently? Are the custom fit to your vehicle kind worth the extra cost vs. universal type?
>>
i need to clean up garage grease from the steering column reciever on my steering rack. is brake cleaner enough or should i get up in there with quetips and magnets? also, do i need to replace any seals?
>>
Best oil/filter combo for a Ford 4.6 V8? I have an 03 Grand Marquis I want to keep nice; it has 127k miles and I'd like to at least get 250k out of it.
>>
>>15927673
Whatever and anything but Fram

>>15927473
Custom fit is worth it but even okle turn to sit in a few years. It's really about how much you want to dick with getting universals tight
>>
Where's the vin thread?
>>
>>15923477
Follow up question: $80 K&N filter, or $30 Mann filter? I have a Mann oil filter currently and it's fine, but if I get a K&N one I get an excuse to put a K&N sticker on my car
>>
File: IMAG00070.jpg (2MB, 2688x1520px) Image search: [Google]
IMAG00070.jpg
2MB, 2688x1520px
For context, I own an 87 MR2, now for the problem:

The seam where the master cylinder and the brake booster bolt together has been leaking brake fluid down the booster on to the frunk. I suspect its been going on for a long while (even before I got the car) and it was due to partly because the bolts holding the master cylinder and the booster together werent torqued properly, and the master cylinder being old and possibly pitted which is letting fluid past the plunger seal.

Now my real problem right now is prepping the car so I can clean up the rust and re-paint it. I need to completely remove the brake booster, master cylinder, and the brake lines in the frunk of the car. In order to do that, I need to drain all the brake fluid. Google is worthless since all results give me steps on basic brake flushes and bleeding which isn't what I want. What I need to know is how do I drain my brake lines to the point I can disassemble them and move them out of the way, and then how do I fill them back up?

I know it's probably a stupid question but humor me, I want to make sure I'm thinking along the right lines. I'm assuming I just open the bleeders for all the wheels and let it drain all the way, and then filling it would just be as if doing a brake flush & bleed until all the introduced air is gone, right?
>>
>>15928555
Mann and k&n sticker because fuck it why not
>>
>>15928919
Open bleeds then open mc revoir

A little will dribble when you take things apart but don't flush or blow or anything just let gravity do the bulk and start removing from the top

Also ffs put a new booster mc in
>>
>>15928935
The booster shouldn't need to be replaced. But I do plan on getting a refurbished MC since this one is fucked.
>>
>>15926463
why would you want to do that?
>>
>>15927939
Hmmm, interesting. The universal seat covers appeal more to me anyway, because I can get them as saddle blanket fabric, rather than whatever the fuck the shit is in the picture I posted earlier.
>>
>>15928257
came here to ask this
>looked in archive, anon mentioned Benz lost account
what happen?
>>
>>15928939
You've got it out why not replace?
>>
>>15930167
Because I don't see the point when it's still functional? Maybe I'm missing something but the MC is the problem here.
>>
>>15925240
Try to push down on the car at the corners and see how much it bounces. It should bounce once then settle. Most likely worn out shocks/struts not being able to dampen the movement.
>>
>>15927637
If its still wet use kitty litter. if its dry youre fucked.
>>
How do you call this part inside the door? Mine's all scratched up and i'm looking to buy something to cover over it but I don't know what to search
>>
>>15930400
Door sill.
>>
File: p135219_image_large.jpg (46KB, 495x519px) Image search: [Google]
p135219_image_large.jpg
46KB, 495x519px
>>15923190

YFW Buick originally designed the nailhead to minimize valve cover gasket leaks.
>>
File: 1349229986053.gif (1MB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
1349229986053.gif
1MB, 320x240px
>>15930425
thank you my nigga
>>
File: 1397420669795.jpg (15KB, 262x207px)
1397420669795.jpg
15KB, 262x207px
>>15930452
Anytime
>>
>>15930182
You're doing all the work to remove and paint and you're just going to slap the old part back? I'd do it even if the bolts hadn't been torqued to leaking. But whatever if you can afford a vac can why are you even spending money on paint
>>
>>15930564
Because theres nothing wrong with the old part, what the fuck?
>>
I see YouTube faggots redlining their engine by simply mashing up against the rev limiter for minutes at a time. Is this stance level autism or an actual technique? Bad for the car? Any situation where is actually appropriate? Is there a point?
>>
>>15930583
Why are you getting mad. Put your old part back, what could go wrong.
>>
>>15930601
I'm not mad, just confused.
>>
>>15925262
>>15923477
>>15923371
Question that kinda relates

Will getting an aftermarket airbox have any benefits or wil it just act as a pricey placebo?

Redpill me on induction kits /o/
>>
I'm new here and I looked over the images in the board sticky. Why does every automobile have a list of known problems with them? Like having 10 bugs in the hardware. Is it because they don't present themselves until there is widespread use of the car and manufacturers can't just go and fix them? Is it because the cars are used?
>>
What's the fastest car for casual driving I can get for under 10k? Sticky hasn't been updated in ages. Looking for something that won't constantly fuck up. I am willing to do repairs just not put in thousands of dollars in restoration.
>>
I've been test driving fairly new cars recently (2013-2016) and they're so much tighter than the shitboxes I'm used to. The steering is tight, the suspension is tight, all the switches have a very definite, positive "click" to them when pressed.

To the oldfags buying cars 20+ years ago, is this what old cars were like new? Were mid-level sedans in 1980 as tight, responsive, and comfy new as the late-model Camrys and Accords I've been driving?
>>
>>15930715
They can't know that problem exists en mass until they've been driven for that long en mass.
It's just observations on a long enough timeline that things occur with enough frequency to be observed and noted.
>>
>>15931272
No

Manufacturing standards are way more exact. It's refinement, used to cheapen sure but when it's easy to get perfect tolerances for large runs you get tight shit. It's also engineering and design with computers.
>>
What is a seized alternator and how dire is it? Easy fix?

I'm guessing I'll probably need to buy a new alt+belt, it's not my car, but one I was looking at buying
>>
File: d-17837-512.jpg (44KB, 400x445px) Image search: [Google]
d-17837-512.jpg
44KB, 400x445px
What goes into modernizing an old cars brakes?

What would you need & need to do to turn an old cars shitty drums (and maybe a couple of discs up front) into 4 wheel modern disc brakes?
>>
>>15932060
a lot of brands offer disc brake conversion kits.... the only missing part really is a bracket to attach the calipers too. other than that its nothing
>>
>>15923332
It's honestly very similar to a rotary.
Great power per capacity, burns oil, gets worse mileage, requires less intensive maintenance more often
>>
>>15932022
siezed? really? doesn't spin freely by hand? it isn't all that common a fail. if that is the case then yeah, just replace alt... unless you have a real interest in taking it apart and trying to see whats going on. I will say though, I would check it out for myself before taking someones word for it and buying a new alt
>>
>>15923500
> doing g things
>>
File: IMG_2147.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2147.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
This bolt is loose. I can't tighten it, I can't remove it. There is a nut or something on the other side. Where the hell do I access it from? I can't find it.
>>
File: s-l1600.jpg (316KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
s-l1600.jpg
316KB, 1600x1200px
Hey guys. In my state, we don't need license plates up front, so I've been looking for a vanity plate to go on the front of my Tempo. I found pic related. I live very far away from Montana, and the plate is pretty old, so can I get away with putting it up there?
>>
>>15932590
that bolt is probably captured inside of the frame rail that is supposed to be spot welded inside the frame. What happened is somone tried to tighten/loosen it and the spot welds broke off the captured bolt and caused it to spin.

These are a real bitch to fix because other than a large rivnut your kinda shit out of luck without taking a grinder and cutting the old bolt off, pushing the remaining bit inside the frame rail and welding/rivnuting a new insert inside the remaining hole since you cant get to the backside.
>>
>>15932022
Easy if it's on top. Medium if buried. Prob just a bearing but alts are cheap so go for it.

t. Just did alt water pump and therm on jeep
>>
>>15932590
Put a pry bar under the head and leverage it hard, the hit it with an impact wrench on highest to loosen. Basically you're putting pressure on the nut inside while the impact wrench taps it instead of spinning.

Or just cut it off with a sawzall.

Remove and deal with reattachment after pulling carpet.

You could also slap a hose clamp, wrap wire or fabricate something for the gap if you just want it solid and not need to remove.
>>
>>15934044
This isn't really /o/ but what the fuck does t. mean.

And what's fąm while we're at it?
>>
Any chance that someone's got that picture with the oil brands divided by tier?
STP was shit tier
>>
Could an OEM steering wheel be modified to be removable with a custom spline while maintaining its original look? I've been thinking about a removable wheel for an easy anti-theft device but I want to keep its appearance, and steering wheels for my car are only about $60.
>>
>>15932746
Would a shop be able to do anything to fix it more permanently? I'd hope I wouldn't have to deal with something rattling around down there for the rest of the truck's life.
>>
>>15934111
t.
Is a finnish meme. Basically "regards" the kind of thing you put at the end of a letter.
>>
Got an MX3 with a B6D in it. Should I attempt replacing the timing belt myself, or would this be too intermediate for someone who was only done simple things like suspensions parts or preventative maintenance?
>>
Post got fucked.
Currently on last leg of car after an accident.
Go car shopping. Found a 2012 Chevy Sonic LS1 with the 1.8 not the 1.4 turbo. Reminds me of my first geo metro.
80k miles. Listed for $5k. Everywhere else has similar mileage or more listed for $1.5-$2.5k more.
So my first thought is it's a salvage. Check vin. Nothin. K. Keep thinking theres got to be something wrong with it . Decide to check the other cars on his lot.
They're all this way, every car is at least $1000 under the next guy's price.

... what do? I've bought my card off private owners before, never a dealer. This smells fishy as shit. Going to test drive tomorrow. How do I talk someone down on price of its already so much cheaper than the next guy?
>>
>>1593165
its en masse my nigga
>>
>>15936339
Get it inspected and whatever the mechanic finds wrong, use that as leverage, unless the owner already declared the problem and factored it into the price.
>>
>>15936475
When do you do that?
In Ohio here and test driving is about 15 minutes at most places.
I suppose I could just ask to get it inspected before purchasing.
>>
>>15936598
Go to a local shop for an inspection instead of a dealer since they don't charge ridiculous premium, and make sure to run the VIN. And ask the owner if they'll let you drive it to a mechanic. Don't tell the mechanic what the price is, just ask if they'd trust it and what they'd pay for it. If the owner won't allow you to do so, don't bother looking and move on.
>>
>>15936339
>Chevy Sonic LS1
heh heh heh heh
>>
If I'm really experienced in fixing cars. Would fixing motorcycles be pretty much the same thing? Lets say i have the repair manual for the motorcycle. Is it pretty much the same shit as fixing cars? I want to buy a motorcycle but idk if me knowing how to fix my cars would hell me fix my motorcycles. Are they cheaper to fix or more expensive?
>>
I have a 91 foxbody that has been having an issue lately with something that feels like wheel hop, and it's pulling slightly to the right even though I had the alignment done less than a month ago.. The "wheel hop" only occurs when accelerating from a stop, and in the majority of cases when turning left from a stop. I have a suspicion that it's something to do with the differential and that one wheel is spinning slightly faster than the other. Any thoughts or ideas on what this might be?
>>
Reall silly question: I saw a car today that looked like a blend between a miata and a elise. (Like a taller Elise with the front end of a miata kinda. Not the popup kind) Convertible, looked lile a rear engine, had the happy mazda face too. But it was going pretty quick past me and it looked like it had a Toyota badge on front, and was debadged on the back. Does anyone have an idea of what it might be?
>>
File: Third_Gen_Toyota_MR2.jpg (1MB, 3222x2121px) Image search: [Google]
Third_Gen_Toyota_MR2.jpg
1MB, 3222x2121px
>>15937118
Toyota MR-2 last generation
>>
>>15936939
>something to do with the differential and that one wheel is spinning slightly faster than the other.

Do you even understand how a diff works?

I'm going with broken suspension component.
>>
What's a good car I could get that isn't a ricer Civic or American? I'm looking through my local Craigslist and I don't see anything I like. I don't have a specific car in mind I would like to buy.
>>
If I'm able to outright buy a car in full vs paying $xxx/month should that lower the price on the car?
>>
>>15930590
It's bad for the car to be redlined for minutes at a time, yes. Why are they doing it? Parking lot showoffs? Why?
There's no point to redlining, really. Unless you're dragracing or going hektik.
>>
>>15934111
It's some niggerspeak used when refering to "people close enough to nearly be considered family".
It's cancerous and only used ironically by shitters.
>>
>>15937152
I even thought MR2 but it looked a little funny. I hadn't seen the newest gen. Thanks anon!
>>
Battery retaining bolt (goes through the battery clamp and into the chassis) is rusted to shit, and is turning slowly without coming out. 2002 Land Rover Freelander 1.

I'm assuming the thread is stripped, but does anyone think it would be worth soaking it in WD40 and leaving for a while? If it does turn out to be fucked, not sure I have the means to drill it out.
>>
>>15939409
Remove rust with coke, breh. Shit works. Just leave the bolt in a cup of coke for a day.
>>
>>15939427
Ah nice, cheers mate. Just soaked it in WD40 and had a go with an extension on my ratchet spanner, now it just turns where it is w/out retracting at all.

Hmm, think I'll need to pull it out somehow, might be a garage job. Once it's out I'll coke it anyway as an experiment!
>>
Do you guys recommend any specific floor mats? I want something more flush to the floor rather than those big bulky chunks of rubber that never fit correctly
>>
I got a low milage 85 bronco with 300 i6 and a 97 grand cherokee 4.0 with 190000 miles and new tranny. My options are sell ford and keep jeep or sell both for diesel jeep liberty... Im at a loss on what to do
>>
>>15925154
>vatozone

Kek.
>>
>mfw the previous owner used a impact gun to tighten a transmission filler plug
>now it's stuck and rounded
Methods I've tried because I'm too broke to take it to a mechanic
>vice grips
>torch
>chisel (this made things worse)
What other methods can I try the bolt is literally soft and brittle. It's a aw11 btw.
>>
File: 534-194.jpg (778KB, 2213x1476px) Image search: [Google]
534-194.jpg
778KB, 2213x1476px
Check engine light came on. Autozone said it's a cod P0134. "Bank 1, Sensor 1 O2 electrical circuit had no activity for a predetermined period of time." I.e. a faulty 02 sensor.

The part is about $150 apperrantly. It's for an '05 Honda Civic. 60k miles. I asked if they had any mechanic recommendations and they gave me the number of a guy who does house calls.

What does /o/ suggest? Any tips or things I should know? What should I expect to pay for labor/total? Thanks
>>
>>15940735
I'm the guy from >>15939409
Maybe worth a try chucking a load or WD40 (or coke) over it for a day or two, then come back to it.

If you've stripped the head really bad, try using a hacksaw/thin angle grinder disc to make a cut across the head, then using a chisel/large screwdriver to remove. Be careful, if the head gets too fucked you're gonna have to drill the bastard out, fine with bolts but no idea what it would do to a transmission plug.
>>
>>15940735
Please be using penetrating oil, it will make this easier. if you're too poorfag to buy PB blaster or liquid wrench just mix old brake fluid and used oil 50/50
last resorts
1)
>take a socket that is a little smaller than the size of rounded bolt
>hammer it on
>socket and bolt will be ruined
2)
>get a dremel or a file
>notch the middle of the bolt
>use a big screwdriver in notch to turn
>bolt may be reuseable

>>15940782
>hours
less than one
>cost
ask the guy what his hourly rate is, norm is $75-100
>anything i should know?
how to do this yourself and save a hundo, it's a plug attached to a sensor that screws into your exhaust pipe
>it doesn't get any easier than this

>inb4 I don't have tools
use that hundo you saved and buy some
>>
>>15940811
>WD-40
>stands for water displacement test 40
>designed to remove moisture, not lubricate, remove rust, or penetrate
WD-40 isn't a penetrating lubricant, use something better
>brown sugary water
what the fuck is wrong with you
>>
>>15940863
In my instance I am removing rust, so WD40 is fine, plus I had it lying around and couldn't be bothered to go find proper penetrating oil.

>what the fuck is wrong with you
take it up with this guy >>15939427
haven't tried it yet but may experiment, nothing to lose
>>
>>15940838
I just got off the slimy dealership I bought the car from. Guy said "yeah....(office space style) that's gonna be expensive. You're looking at a $500 total, $450 for the parts, $50 labor

The second mechanic I called said it's $300 total. $200 for the part, $100 for the marked up part cost and labor. He said I want to go as cheap as possible to buy the part myself and gave me two numbers for Denso and Bosch.

2349017 - Denso
15473 = Bosch

That Denso part is $100 brand new according to Amazon.
>>
>>15940938
got off the phone with*

It's a the upstream sensor or sensor one.

Follow up question. Why do I need to go for this part when it's the most expensive sensor you can get from Denso? The other ones are $50. Just curious. Also should I attempt to replace it myself? Most I've done is replace the battery.
>>
>>15940917
You should use vinegar, it's cheaper than WD 40 (or coke, wtf) and actually works
https://youtu.be/z7OdX42NjWQ
>uses coke then scrubs really hard
could've just scrubbed really hard and drank the coke afterwards

>>15940938
Denso is breddy gud but Bosch is GOAT, also try rockauto.com for better prices
>sometimes Amazon is cheaper than the Rock but rarely
>>
>>15940946
>upstream sensor
that is a little pricey, I know O'reilys and Vatozone have universal ones for $30-50 but they suck
>attempt repair myself? I've done battery
yes, it's upstream which means you don't even have to crawl under the vehicle, it will be so chill
>unhook battery
>Unplug old one, unscrew it from housing
>plug in new one, screw into housing
>reconnect battery
done
>>
>>15940503
Both and liberty or keep jeep
>>
>>15940985
I just bought it from Autozone for $159. Amazon had the same for $100 shipped like I said earlier but I'll just do it tomorrow instead of waiting several days and burrowing a relatives' car.

The guy at the shop said it was as easy as replacing a spark plug and all you need is a wrench. I'll do it in the morning. Thanks for your help everyone. Also fuck dealerships and car salesmen. I hope they get ass cancer.
>>
can you put a solid rear axle on a car that doesn't have leaf springs? i want a v8 but the only inexpensive donor cars are 4wd
>>
>>15936339
Following up.
Car checked out, could use some general upkeep, rotated tires and whatnot but it's pretty sound.
Dealer said he would have sold the car 5 times over if it were automatic. It's listed at $5k, they have financing and junk... he wants $1,500 down and $300 a month, I'm not fond of the idea, I've got $7k set aside to drop on a car. Said he couldn't come off the price he has it for.
I walked. I offered $4.4 (keep in mind this car usually sells at about 9k-11k)

I'd be willing to pay his asking price in all honesty but I feel like I would be a sucker... keep expecting a phonecall from him but they close in 10 minutes.
Not sure if I done goofed or what to do from here.
>>
>>15941974
it's not going to sell tomorrow.

it's not going to sell this weekend.

chill and go back monday with 4800 if you don't hear from him

>>15941952
a dana axle is a dana axle and a v8 is an engine you can put anything on anything if you weld

wtf are you asking exactly
>>
Can I do a quick shock replacement on a Jeep Cherokee without taking the wheels off?

It's like 2 bolts on the front, 3 on the back and I really don't want to be assed jacking shit up, jackstanding and removing the wheels. I feel like I'd rather just crawl under the jeep with everything on the ground but I'm wondering now if I'm being stupid and should just jack it up.

>tfw called local shops and they're all "no outside parts"

I just really don't want to drag out the jacks and shit
>>
>>15942190
I appreciate the reassurance. I just don't understand why no one else has bought it other than the transmission.
>>
>>15942202
>other than the transmission

no can manual in America isn't just a meme?
>>
>>15942190
i did some research and found out that the 5.2 jeep engine i want is only a bit more powerful than my 3.5 niggermobile. i can use the stock axle and driveshaft so i guess it's problem solved
>>
Is using higher octane gas when your vehicle doesn't call for it wasting money?
>>
>>15942575
Not with gas at $3

Run your gas mileage on low for 3-5 tanks
Run it again on high for 2-3 tanks

All my vehicles beat the 40¢ spread between low and premium in MPG
>>
>>15942217
Plenty can, especially around here. The problem is the car in question and those interested in the car.
I'm after a newer (post 2010) 4 door hatchback. The area is filled with rednecks who are put off by the specific car.
If you're trying to be cute I'll stop there, if you're genuinely curious I believe you can connect the dots beyond that.
>>
>>15943002
>rednecks drive stick
>rednecks don't want this model
>this model is a stick
>people who want this model don't want stick

who needs to connect the dots for whom? I'm not wondering why it isn't selling. seems pretty fucking crystal clear to me why it's not selling.
>>
>>15943024
I'm not even going to save face, I don't understand what you're getting at and it comes off as trolling.
>>
>>15942895
What do you drive, Anon?
>>
Very late to bread but I really need help lads
What the heck are Strap Mounts? Needs fixing on roadworthy.
>>
>>15942895
What exactly is the advantage
Would I see better fuel economy to offset the price?
>>
Why are motorized lights not used any more?
>>
what are electronic center cap on wheels? can't seem to find any info
>>
>>15943483
pedestrian safety
>>
>>15923128
Anyone have an RSX Type S or base? If so have you experienced any grinds with the gears?
>>
Halp me /o/.

>drive an '01 golf that looks suspiciously like a beetle
>The indicators stopped working >noticed a few wires were dragging under the car
>some of the wires got tattered
>did the natural thing, re connected everything, twisted together wires, taped everything up
>indicators work for +-1 week
>try same procedure again, cut wires, re-attach them, tape them up
>gates of hell have been opened up
>car starts randomly revving, have to drive around with foot on the brake or engine will redline
>starts to rev engine for no reason at all
>will drive fine for a bit, then randomly applies brake and revs engine
>believe car is actively trying to commit murder-suicide
>epc light is on

What the fuck does EPC stand for?
>>
> newer batt (1k mi)
> change alt (overcharging)
> all good for two days
> leave dome lights on
> sits two days
> batt completely dead

No glow in headlights, in lighter digital volt meter doesn't light up, stone dead.

I didn't actually hook up a volt meter, I just slapped it on trickle. Question is, how likely is it I murdered the battery? This is a new to me project and I just don't want to be plagued with battery shitting on me all winter.

Thoughts?
>>
You have 10-16k to get a car that has to have the folllowing:
>4 doors or 2 doors with manageable backseats
>useable trunk
>manual
>Can reliably get you to and from school/work without breaking the bank

What do you get?
>>
>>15935881
unfortunately unless there is an access point under the carpet somewhere, no there isnt a way to remove the broken nut after cutting the bolt off as that section is probably enclosed and spot welded into place during assembly.

What would be even worse is to pay a shop to remove the bolt (and the broken peice inside) by cutting the head off with a grinder, cutting a hole in the top under the carpet, welding a nut in behind the hole that the captured nut was supposed to be at and welding the hole cut closed again.
>>
>>15940735
Before you end up damaging the trans pan i would suggest driving the vehicle down to a exhaust repair shop or anywhere with a welder and ask them to weld a nut on top of the stripped drain plug, that is the easiest, most sure fix that you can possibly do with the least amount of effort.
>>
Hey boys, I'm getting a p1506 engine code on my 01 focus. Tl;dr is that it means idle overspeed error.
Car likes to hold at 1500 rpms in neutral, about 1100 when in gear. Really dislikes coasting but I can force it to engine brake by downshifting.

Long story short, there's a few 'more' common causes I've discovered by searching forums, here they are.

>bad idle air valve (I replaced this 3 months ago, didn't resolve issue, issue worsened significantly in the last month
>bad throttle position sensor
this one is the likeliest.
>vacuum leak
could possibly be this as well, but I went through and fixed my PCV hose/valve back when I did the IAC valve. I know, I know, more than 1 hose, but vacuum leak doesn't seem likely.
This is my plan B, plan A is the TPS
I really doubt the IAC valve is bad, so that leaves my two options above.

any other likely causes/thoughts?
>>
>>15944288
Didn't wreck it, but if you want to be certain take it to a parts store and get a test done
>>
>>15943721
"The EPC light on a Volkswagen stands for Electronic Power Control, and it is used to indicate problems in the engine. Ideally, it refers to the drive-by-wire system that prevents a car from skidding and spinning on slick surfaces."

You fucked man, take it to a auto electric shop but its gonna be a hefty bill
>>
>>15943332
Like cargo tie downs?
>>
>>15942199
Well you need to jack the jeep up regardless to relive pressure on the shocks. With the wheels gone you will have more room.

And if you're doing the fronts then you definitely need the wheels off.
>>
>>15945008
Did you do the relearn procedure on the IAC?

http://www.autocodes.com/p1506_ford.html
>>
File: IMG_1988.jpg (919KB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1988.jpg
919KB, 3264x2448px
Have a strange situation with my 04 Cadillac deville, tried to get home from work and it was idleing low and started to refuse to run. Was able to get it parked in a business across the street after a few moments, when i shift into gear the battery light Comes on and I lose all power. I think it's the alternator and am planning on replacing it first but what about you guys?
>>
>>15941593
So now I hear that a 2005 Civic's OEM sensor is Denso and Bosch ones don't play nice in them. People in another forum are suggesting I return it for a Denso.

I can't find out what the OEM is for a Civic via google which is frustrating. What says /o/? Should I change brand names?
>>
>>15945011
Oh yeah. Stupid, I took the alt in of course but forgot they test batts too. Thx
>>
>>15945474
Yes, try to get as close to factory as possible. Denso supplies all jap car makes
>>
>>15945783
Would've been nice if someone told me that to begin with :^)

Autozone ordered it and will have it in the next couple hours.
>>
>>15923203
I live in country where 2-stroke cars were still a thing in beginning of 90's. Those cars (Wartburg, Trabant) were literally setting up an smokescreen behind them when pushed too hard before engine warmed up enough.
>>
File: image.png (183KB, 700x700px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
183KB, 700x700px
>>15940838
Kek I had a brand new can of PB blaster and now it's almost empty. Any ways thanks for advice and if this fails I'll do what the other anon said and get someone to weld another bolt on top.
>>
How reliable are early 2000's mercedes?
A family friend is selling a 2004 SLK 230 (4 cylinder) with 125,000 miles on it for under KBB value. Carfax checks out.
Could the engine/trans last another 30-40,000 miles?
>>
>>15943704
What have you done to it m8. Is it manual or automatic?
>>
>>15923128
Are Porsche 944's even worth picking up? There are so many other cars at that price that outperform it and are more reliable.
>>
>>15941974
Follow up numero dos
Got to test drive a couple other cars today while I wait. Tried the newer models of Sonics at different dealerships.
one stood out; 2017 LT RS. Had the 1.4t but was automatic which was a let down.
Price was ~$17.5, which made me think "hey, maybe a Fiesta or Forte or Mazda3"

Really liked the Mazda3 but... I really like pretty much everything I get to drive. What is it that sets a car apart to you? I mean any of these seem like they'd be "right for me" and I come from a history of rustbuckets and nothing nice. I'm thankful to be in this situation because I don't feel any pressure to just choose which was my initial fear/anticipated annoyance with going to dealers.
>>
>>15945045
I didn't do the relearn at the time, but i did do a re learn after i cleaned out my throttle body, and it didn't make any change in idle rpms, which pushes me again towards the throttle position sensor
>>
File: 964.jpg (69KB, 1024x683px) Image search: [Google]
964.jpg
69KB, 1024x683px
>Cheapest 964 for sale
>50,000€
When will the 964 bubble burst? Everyone deserves a chance to own air-cooled porsche.
>>
File: Untitled.png (5KB, 329x316px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
5KB, 329x316px
i'm trying to bolt on the thing that holds my front wheels in place but my shit doesn't want to line up. i guess i can make it fit with another hour of rocking things back and forth but i'm getting tired of that. can anyone point me to a technique to make the first threads a bit smaller?
>>
File: 4235.png (303KB, 1453x785px) Image search: [Google]
4235.png
303KB, 1453x785px
Does this take Micro or standard SD?

http://www.gearbest.com/car-dvr/pp_142025.html
>>
>>15946948
Use leverage.
Don't mess with the threads just keep rocking it with long pipe or something while trying to get it on threads, makes it easier.
>>
>>15946926

Right after they start making more of them. Oh wait, they won't.
>>
File: rimz.png (1MB, 1280x716px) Image search: [Google]
rimz.png
1MB, 1280x716px
What are these wheels?
>>
>>15947164
Spoon 17-inch CR93 wheels.
>>
My C180 just started giving wrong fuel readings, saying the tank is empty when I just filled it up.

Is this an expensive fix?, there's no sign of leakage and no gasoline smell so I don't think this is a critical issue, just an annoyance.
>>
>>15946961
been ratcheting for hour and a half and the bolt ended up loosening and falling out. i'm just going to take an angle grinder to my engine bay so i can stick that fucker in upside down and then weld it and everything around it so it can never waste anyone's time again.
>>
>>15925130
to confuse the spies following you
>>
>>15925130
They're called hazards, maybe that'll help you take a guess at their function.
>>
>>15946283
If you've got that kind of attitude no. Just get a Toyota.
>>
>>15926226
>Chevy sonic LS
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chevrolet_Aveo
>>
>>15947972
Hazard of what?
>>
>>15947996
http://www.thefreedictionary.com/hazard+lights
>>
>>15948013
Ok but how does ot expect me to turn both ways?
Do I just go straight?
>>
>>15943684
Fuck them we need more aesthic cars
>>
File: Resized_20161001_224713.jpg (234KB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
Resized_20161001_224713.jpg
234KB, 1600x900px
I have a dumb but serious question.

I was partially at fault in an accident recently (won't make excuses, I fucked up), and would rather pay for both mine and the other guys repairs rather than going through insurance and skyrocketing my premium for 5 years. However, I didn't think to ask that at the scene (rattled I guess). Now I'm finding it completely impossible to contact him and ask if he has gone through insurance yet and whether he'd like some money for repairs. Phone # on police report has given me zero luck. He said he was thinking of zip tying it, but I know I'd just let my insurance deal with the problem if I was him.

It's been 3 (business) days since the accident and I haven't reported it yet. Haven't heard anything from my insurance company, but I'm wondering if they've already sorted shit out with the other company, and are now just waiting to see if I report it or if I'm frauding them. I asked to see if I was eligible for a free first accident plan (wasted my chance when I was 16 and reported a bump with $100 worth of damage) just to see if the crash was recorded in the system, and the guy on the phone didn't bring it up.

Any other way you guys could think I could contact him, like asking the police to get me some info maybe? Am I running out of time to report it? Am I already out of time? Should I risk it or take the premiums hit?
>>
Should I get this b16 swapped EF hatch?

http://vancouver.craigslist.ca/rds/cto/5813674700.html

I'd get rid of the tint and buy it with the stock steelies, but I'm worried about what he said about the transmission. A new tranny would probably fix the issue, and I can pick one up for around $250. c/n?
>>
>>15948406
He may be more of a skel than you. I backed wife's Volvo into some shits fender at vatozone. We ran over to the atm and I gave him $40, small price for no hassle.

Anyway he drove off and I noticed no plates-and we get paper even for private party here. I realized that even more than I didn't want to dick with insurance he didn't want to get caught up in anything that would require paperwork.

Just stop sweating it, the guy might actually just zip tie it. eg Quit poking the bear.
>>
File: IMG_3575.jpg (2MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3575.jpg
2MB, 4032x3024px
Put my car on ramps to change the oil and noticed this. What is it?
>>
File: IMG_3576.jpg (1MB, 4032x3024px)
IMG_3576.jpg
1MB, 4032x3024px
>>15949207
It's right under the axel.
>>
Do I need spring compressors to take the aftermarket coilovers out of my car?
>>
>>15949207
>>15949244
Is the CV boot torn open and spraying grease all over?
>>
>>15949366
yes
>>
>>15949027
this
I fucked up and accidentally hit high-fived someone's mirror. Mine came off and his stayed on. I left my name and number (not insurance info though) on his windshield, but never got a call or anything, so I figure he was probably just some mexican who didn't have insurance
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (8KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
8KB, 480x360px
>>15923128
How big an issue is leaky power steering pump and broken cylinder#3 coil pack connector?
>>
File: 44054c78-8b98-233e.jpg (627KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
44054c78-8b98-233e.jpg
627KB, 1920x1080px
Blue or yellow?
>>
File: attachment[1].jpg (321KB, 1500x1000px) Image search: [Google]
attachment[1].jpg
321KB, 1500x1000px
>>15949592
The yellow is sort of cool becuase it's different, but I would go blue any day if I had to actually own the car. I know it's "the girl color", but I really like the bluish silver on the m4 too
>>
>>15949561
bout 600
>>
File: IMG_3587.jpg (2MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3587.jpg
2MB, 4032x3024px
>>15949455
It looks ripped or cracked, yeah.
>>
>>15949658
Yeah, looks like it could be CV grease, saw the same thing on my car. You can get the boot replaced if it didn't happen very long ago, or you might have to replace the joint if its been like this for a while.
>>
>>15945208
Sounds about right to me, had something similar happen in an '84 S10 before. Engine sounded like it was barely running for a while, and voltmeter on dash was all over the place. Eventually thing just quit and had no power in the middle of the road. Alternator would be my best guess.
>>
How much difficulty will I have doing a transmission swap with only 4 jack stands, wood, normal jack and driveway space?

I'm not dyel so I'm not worried about it coming down, but more about it going back in. I'm assuming I'll have to use the jack and maybe some wood with a helper to get it up (viagra maybe too)
>>
>>15949700
Its doable, id recommend using a tie strap around tranny to keep it steady. Two people makes the process much much easier.
>>
>>15949700
A$30 harbor freight t jack and you can do it easier. It's nice to be able to actually move shit into place, align etc without having to manhandle it and try to get some nuts on.
>>
>>15949670
I'm not quite sure how long it's been like that, actually. I bought it less than a month ago, and it was inspected on Monday but the mechanic didn't mention it.
>>
File: 1467793139285.jpg (851KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
1467793139285.jpg
851KB, 1024x768px
>>15923128
I have a 5 speed vw that I got and I want to know what's the deal with changing gear lube and how often are you supposed to ?

it's over 100k and I don't know when the last time it was done
>>
I think I have lifter tick in my 03 forester. Possibly leaking oil; I smell it burnt when I park. As well as a tiny fuel leak.

How much would it cost at a dealership and how long might I expect them to have the car for? Should I go to a garage instead?
>>
>>15949881
Go to a good mechanic so you're not charged a ridiculous premium.
>>
>>15949923
How do I know if a mechanic shop is good compared to another?
I've only been to three on different occasions/reasons. Maybe I could go based on someones recommendation. I'm in Brooklyn, NY if anyone wants to recommend someone.
>>
I apologize in advance for my complete lack of auto knowledge. Anyways, I have a 2002 Escape XLT with 220k Miles and starting about a week ago the battery indicator would come on almost every time I started it in the morning. It always goes away after about 3-5 minutes of charging, and I haven't had any problems starting up. I'm 99.9% certain nothing is left on after I turn it off. Also at first the voltmeter (I think that's what it called) was right in the middle between H and C, but starting today it was all the way down at C when I started the car up and went back to normal after about 3-5 minutes. Wondering what I should do? Was gonna buy a new battery and get a check-up, but would like to avoid that if at all possible. Would very greatly appreciate any help and can provide pictures if needed.
>>
>>15950285
before you go spending a lot of money on stuff, buy a voltimeter from walmart, they're like 20-30$ and reusable. invaluable in diagnostics.

Sounds like possibly a battery or alternator, or maybe something is shorting and draining the battery? The first two are more likely, the third is the doomsday scenario, as electrical gremlins are always a pain.
>>
>>15950295
You think the new radio I just installed like two months ago has something to do with it? Had to ghetto rig the harness with electric tape, so perhaps the ground wire or something is loose.
>>
>>15950285
the definite fact is that your battery is having trouble charging. a small charge is needed to the alternator excite the field created by the alternator spinning. when the alternator is using power from the battery to get itself going, the battery light comes on. when its successfully transferring charge to the battery, the light goes off.

possible causes are a bad battery, a bad alternator, faulty connections in the wiring between batt. and alt. (check battery terminals for corrosion and tightness before doing anything else), or a short or other electric drain.
that being said... the first two are free. take to any auto shop for free battery and alternator testing. I think its most likely you have a bad battery, but find out.
if they both test good, go over the connections on your alternator (big, probably red wire), battery (again) and groundstrap. Clean, and if necessary, replace with the terminals (easy).
If the batt and alt test good, and your charging circuit connections are good, then you've got a bigger problem, which you will not be able to solve just starting out... even if you ask on 4 chan. then we're into the rest of the car's electric system and its too involved
>>
>>15949881
fuel leak should be cheap. oil leak depends on where. rear main seal? gotta drop transmission. long time, probably $500 - $800 garage price... dealership... i dunno like a million dollars.
or it could be somewhere real easy and be cheap
>>
>>15949863
manual? ,,, the specs say to check level every 30000 miles and just make sure the fluid is right up to the filler hole.
automatic? specs are check evry 15k or a year, change every 30k or 2 years.

this information is for mk1s ( I drive the old shit) but is probably the same... in general, periodic changes are recommended with automatics, and sometimes with manuals, sometimes not
>>
>>15950308
actually, yes. You want to shrink wrap it at the very least, because lots of heat > cold > heat like an average day right now will cause that tape to expand, lose its grip, and slip.

It's worth taking a look at before you go digging into the depths of your car.
>>
>>15950368
Gonna just remove radio the next couple of days to see if that's problem. If so, will just invest $15 in a cheap soldering gun and install radio properly. Really appreciate the tips from you and other anon.
>>
>>15950542
you don't even need a soldering gun, I just use a heat gun, or if you're really poor, a hair dryer on hi.

Take a small piece of the material and heat it to the melting point, so you know how far you can go before you work with it.
>>
>>15938880
what are you using it for and how scared of maintenance are you
>>
>>15940735
Was it Allen Key headed? Im guessing so.

>Use torques head bit that's JUST to wide on the points, and bash that fucker in their and create a new groove
>pry bar
>what have you got to lose
Works most of the time for me, anyway.
>>
>>15944703
America?
>>
>>15943002
What, are you saying you're literally a faggot?
>>
>>15949784
Word of warning, if one of those ripped, the one on the other side wont be far behind. Mine ripped, got the whole CV axle replaced (didnt want to just replace the boot) and then a year or so later, the other one burst. Id get both done (even if its just rebooted) if at all possible.
>>
What's the most you should spend on a torque wrench?

Should you buy more than one for high-toque and low-torque applications for accuracy if you're going to do engine work?
>>
>>15944703
toyota corolla
>>
>>15952308
30 bucks on sale for 3/8"
50 bucks for 1/2" drive

i got some cheapo mastercraft maximum torque wrenches, read accurate within 5% of my snapon reading, good enough for most applications

dont get anything unbranded or not on sale, its a waste of time
>>
>>15925086
>'$800 a month'
What do you do for work? What's your hourly rate at?
>>
>>15952308
>>15952374
sorry i meant the LEAST you should spend
you will need both 1/2 inch and 3/8 drive, even though there is some overlap in usage
always back wrench down to lowest setting when youre done to keep them in spec
>>
>>15952407
Do they even make 1/2 and 3/8 drive wrenches for the in-lb ranges, or is using a torque wrench on those a waste of time?
>>
>>15952417
desu its more important to use on the smaller fasteners or anything aluminum just to make sure you dont strip out the head or whatever threads youre working on. i have not seen a 1/2inch drive rated in inch pounds
>>
Have 2006 ford f150 RWD pick up with 117,000

I am thinking about replacing front control arms, upper and lower, shocks /struts , disks, pads, front bearings, and then having the alignment checked.

Ive done brakes and disks before, but never control arms or struts.

Looking at Moog ck arms, and bulstein B85100 shocks and wagner for the disks and pads.

Any advice?
>>
>>15952417
>>15952523
Divide footlbs by 12.
>>
>>15952383
I get 7.15+tips, and only work 20 hours a week.
>>
>>15925086
A scooter.

High fuel efficiency. Cheap
>>
>her car is fine on tuesday
>her car is presumably fine on wednesday
>her car breaks thursday, after work day is over(???) and 1 hour before appointment(???)
>her car is to be repaired by sunday(???)

there's no way her story isn't made up right? How tf is the car going to get repared on saturday when everyone's closed on saturday

In other words, are there a lot of things in a car that can get fucked like that and have that repair pattern?

Am i being cucked
>>
File: A-2220_v1_20140317.jpg (27KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
A-2220_v1_20140317.jpg
27KB, 640x640px
I'm looking to change the air springs on my 2003 Grand Marquis, what's a good brand to get the best bang for my buck?

i found Arnott Heavy Duty suspension, but do i really need heavy duty? just something normal will do
>>
>>15952965
I looked into this, test drove a 50cc, took forever just to get to 30mph. I might look into getting a higher cc off craiglist, because new ones around here cost as much as a cheap car.
>>
>>15953231
Get a 159cc and a motorcycle cert. Or find a 500cc used motorcycle .
>>
>>15953104
>mechanics don't work on the weekends
some do, they're usually terrible
>3 days to fix car
if they're the only place open on the weekend it's believable
>am I cuck?
ya
>>
Dumb question, but there's probably someone here who has an answer.

Bought a new '16 Focus ST2 last week. First manual car I've owned. Now I've driven quite a few manuals before owned by relatives and friends but they all had 100k+ on the transmission.

Anyways, back to the Focus. Upshifting is mostly buttery smooth in the 2000-2500 rpm range and the 4000+ range but can be pretty... notchy? in the middle. I'm guessing it's the synchros but I'm not totally sure. I know clutches have a break in period but I don't know about synchros.

Anyone got something on this?
>>
File: GOAT car repair.jpg (105KB, 640x464px)
GOAT car repair.jpg
105KB, 640x464px
so I have a broken throttle cable housing, and i'm wondering if it's changing the cable pull plus how/if i should fix it
>throttle cable itself is fine
>doesn't really move a lot when throttle depressed
>snapped clean through at the very end where the cable housing head clips into the throttle body

I think i may be able to take the bit that's stuck in the head out and remount it on the remaining housing, but I could use some suggestions on how to actually do that and I'm worried it will be too short to adjust properly.
thinking about trying fiberfix for the first time and just taping it all together as well
>>
>>15953535
Pic related I guess
>>
>>15953535
Use more clutch.

It takes some time to get used to drivi g a new manual.
>>
>>15923697
stay out of AutoZone
>>
>>15923632
I had this motor in my '79 trans am
>>
>>15953535
Ford's clutches have a 500 mile break in
>>
>>15953571
More clutch huh? Hmmm I have it to the floor through each shift. Maybe I'm blipping the throttle without realizing it which moving into gear? I don't see how that could effect the shift gates though.

For the record, it's not that it won't go into gear, there's just a bit of mechanical resistance.
>>
>>15953598
What i found with the 2 new fords ive owned in the last 10 years is cluch to the floor
>>
>>15923697
They are wrong.
Maybe do the first post switch change at 3k, like normal. Then 5k. T
>>
>>15953715
So just exaggerate every shift? That could work.

Just paranoid I've already broken something.
>>
Could any intrepid anon take a gander at this and tell me why your think it wouldn't start?

Description had the owner replace a lot of wear and tear parts, but still says it doesn't start, no clue.

http://pittsburgh.craigslist.org/cto/5792160961.html
>>
>>15953872
>04 RX8
>107kmiles

Compression's probably shot. It probably needs a new motor.
>>
>>15953872
>http://pittsburgh.craigslist.org/cto/5792160961.html
could be the alternator or something silly like improper ground; but he already replaced the battery and the starter, so it sound serious. could be the actual ignition switch has gone bad or the ECU is damaged; hard to tell without knowing if any of the warning lights come on or if it just won't crank
>>
>>15953905
>>15953929
Well damn. I'll probably skip this one, turns out if it's too good to be true, it probably isn't true
>>
>>15953960
03/04 RX8's are the ones to avoid, or to plan on getting an engine swap done or rebuilt, when buying.
>>
File: speed duck.jpg (182KB, 675x1200px)
speed duck.jpg
182KB, 675x1200px
>>15953960
you'd be surprised
but you have to be a woman
and for it not to be a lemon they have to be a special kind of casual normie that cares about cars yet knows shit about them
>be looking for DD
>find $400 Volvo
>call and text
>crickets
>make grill call
>immediate response
>drops price $200
It was neglected but driveable, after $1k of repairs it was going strong
I think they came to that price because that's what scrap value was, but anyway
Don't lose faith in the Craigslist
>>
>>15952654
struts are pretty easy, control arms can be tough in regards to getting the ball joint out of the control arm knuckle
>use a big hammer, hit the knuckle
>use lots of penetrating lube
>don't be afraid to wait and let the lube penetrate; let it do the work
other than that nice choice of brands
>>
>>15952866
What's that like to live on?
I'm on $32.50/hr and 60+ hours a week buy in AUS and it disappears as fast as it comes in
>>
I want to do some testing on my car to see if any mods to the standard airbox can increase airflow. I believe the parameter is volumetric efficiency, and I found that using the Torque app with an obd2 reader can calculate the value. Would this be accurate as a measurement or should I go by something else?
>>
Going to look a '72 f350 gas truck with a pto this weekend.
Current known issues:
Brake issues - supposedly just need to be be bled
Leaky radiator - supposedly no over heating or anything like that.

Anything i need to look out for on this year/model?
>>
>>15946949
The card slot is labelled "TF" (TransFlash), which is microSD.
>>
>>15954685
I'm living with my parents at the moment, so it all goes into savings
>>
I love the Honda Civic's design.

I plan on getting a 1999 Honda Civic Coupe. I'm going to completely strip it of everything because I only need the carcass.

With only the carcass to work with so it's from the ground up, what would be the best possible things to do to it? Is there a better vehicle for this? 240SX or something?

I'm obviously going to go as crazy as possible because I'm doing this for fun, but I'd like to get ideas. I'd prefer if it still looked stock. That's my only limitation. Budget is $250,000. I'm throwing money away as it is for this, but I'd rather not go above that. Because anything above $10,000 for this is a loss as is, in my opinion.

Furthermore, how beneficial would it be to include carbon fiber? At least there's a lot of crazy modifications available for the Civic.
>>
How do I know if my rotors need to be turned or replaced?
>>
Right. Project overdue, leaving this weekend, only just got my LED 3rd brake light in the mail and it's trashed. Lens covered in glue, lights not even partially aligned, the entire thing is unsalvagable shit.

Now the problem is I'm all wired, just waiting to attach some 3rd brake strip and I'm done but I don't have time to ship shit.

The question is, where locally might have a universal 3rd brake light in stock and not some third party affiliate shipping shit?

Like which auto chains carry shit like that, what other stores (Wal-Mart?) should I look at?

Not looking for anything specific just something that isn't two trailer markers stuck on the window.
>>
>>15955671
assuming they are not grooved or damaged in any sort of way
there is a minimum thickness they should be, if they are less than this thickness they cannot be turned and must be replaced
>also consider
the cost of new rotors is often as much or more expensive than new ones
>new centecs from the Rock: $15-30 a rotor
>rotor turning costs: $20 a rotor at O'reallys for me last time, $25 for trucks
>>
>>15955918
>cost of new rotors is often as much or less expensive than resurfacing
excuse i am high
>>
File: 1457241014583.png (327KB, 522x593px) Image search: [Google]
1457241014583.png
327KB, 522x593px
>>15954718
>the OE airbox
>something that skilled engineers
>put literally hours of work into designing
>but if I poke holes in it i will get +5 bhp
you are extremely dumb
>I believe the parameter is volumetric efficiency
no Data we want cold air to hoon harder, not simply more volume
as far as the accuracy
>be using the torque app
>using MAF display
>I need fast
>wew 400 cfm!
>but I am at a dead stop how do?
>>
Will I look like a faggot if I just go get a used Maxima or some boring nornalfag car from a used car lot?

I need a car asap and I need something reliable. I've got a grand.

Can someone red pill me on used car lots
>>
>>15956145
>Will I look like a faggot if I just go get a used Maxima or some boring nornalfag car from a used car lot?

Yes. Even more so than now.

Buy here pay here make their money re selling and re possessing the same car, so at best you'll get a turd that's been through several poor people.

Do the legwork to get a loan from your bank and get a craigslist car checked out
>>
>>15923128
what's wrong with my transmission? 2002 sentra

video 1: https://vid.me/oSxa
at the beginning i can't get it into gear at all, then i'm able to by forcing it, grinding when i put it in neutral. this same grinding will sometimes happen when going into first and second

video 2: https://vid.me/lUkb
working relatively okay, just have to force it a bit to get it into gear

background:
- car has had that clunk sound when going into reverse for a long time, but would only happen occasionally
- yesterday i let a friend sitting in the passenger seat shift the gears while i was driving and he shifted it without my clutching it
- sometimes i'm unable to shift into gear at all and i have to pull over and try to force it into gear, sometimes it's difficult to shift into gears, and sometimes it works just fine

thanks
>>
>>15957773
>video 1: https://vid.me/oSxa
>at the beginning i can't get it into gear at all, then i'm able to by forcing it, grinding when i put it in neutral. this same grinding will sometimes happen when going into first and second

correction: grinding when i put it in reverse
>>
>>15923128
Hey guys are the following good brake pads for a toyota corolla 2011. They're from autozone

http://www.autozone.com/brakes-and-traction-control/brake-pads/duralast-max-brake-pads/237488_116848_16108/

Front and back brake pads = $100 there
$220 at the dealership but they're OEM there.
>>
>>15957773
It could be multiple things:

- gear cables need to be adjusted: cables get some slack over time and this could make it hard for you to engage gears. This of course only applies if you have cables instead of rods. Even rods need to be adjusted sometimes, but not as often as cables.

- clutch cable needs to be adjusted: same thing as above, it prevents full disengagement of the clutch, thus giving problems when shifting. Only applies if you don't have an hydraulic clutch bearing.

- clutch bearing almost gone: in conjunction with clutch cable adjustment, it can give you those problems. A sign of a soon-to-be-gone hydraulic bearing is a leak under the gearbox, right where it meets the engine. A leaky bearing prevents full disengagement of the clutch, so the clutch keeps spinning a bit, the gearbox spins too and the gears can't get in.

Basically, what you do by forcing the gears in is using the synchros to slow down the gearbox enough for the gears to engage. The reverse grinds because it has no synchros to help.

So, first check your cables, then start worrying about clutch health
>>
File: 1410895777351.jpg (5KB, 191x264px) Image search: [Google]
1410895777351.jpg
5KB, 191x264px
I'm dumb, can someone explain what the difference would be if you tried to drift in an open diff car versus drifting in one with an LSD? Can you even do it on an open diff?
>>
1993 S10 2.8l 5speed

Sounds like a loud belt squeal, but only when my fans are running. If I have the AC on, once it starts (pretty early into the drive) it wont shut up until I turn it off. If I have the heat on, it wont always squeal, but if it starts again I have to stop using the blower system completely for it to shut up.

Sometimes if I downshift a little rough, and the RPM's jolt it will also do a quick squeal like when the fans are running.
>>
>>15958590
A belt is loose, adjust the tensioner or change the belt
>>
>>15958315
The grinding also occasionally happens shifting into first, if that helps. How much damage am I causing the transmission when I grind it?
>>
>>15958579
An LSD rear will hold the drift longer and slide out more because both wheels are receiving power. An open diff can still slide but it's much more difficult to maintain it because only one wheel will get any power at all and just spins and spins while the other wheel gets no power at all
>>
>>15958817
Not that much if it happens once in a while, gears are reasonably durable. That said, it should not happen every time you shift, you are still grinding and, with time, there will be enough damage that gears will start popping out or not engaging at all. Also metal shavings will start accumulating in the oil, increasing wear on other parts.

A first gear grind is a sign of a worn out synchro for that gear, there is not much you can do about it besides opening up the gearbox and changing it. It will become progressively worse. Start practicing on rev matching if you want to save whatever is left of that synchro.
And change your oil more often so you can get rid of all the metal shavings you have in there.
>>
File: 20160714_211355.jpg (2MB, 3719x2092px) Image search: [Google]
20160714_211355.jpg
2MB, 3719x2092px
Howdy /o/. I've got a 04 Colorado 2.8L, been noticing top end noise lately. It's only after it's up to temperature that it starts it, sounds to be a stuck lifter/tappet, or at least excess valve lash to my very untrained ear. The GMT355 forum seems to be useless, with 40 different diagnoses for every "Engine noise" thread. Tappets are dirt cheap (like $4 a piece), so I was just going to pull off the head cover & hope nothing more expensive is fucked, but I was wondering if anyone has experience with these gm Atlas engines & could point me in the right direction.
Thanks
>>
Where/how do I trip up if I decide to? A few have suggested it, but I'd never given it much thought.
>>
>>15959813
In the "Name" box when posting, write the name you want, followed by 2 "#" signs, then a password, so the it looks like "Name##password"
Read the FAQ's on 4chan's main page, it explains it there.
>>
Will E30 prices continue to rise? Is this a good time to buy my shitty hyped up 80s euro coupe?
>>
>>15959863
Thank you.
>>
File: springs - Copy.jpg (445KB, 2382x1213px) Image search: [Google]
springs - Copy.jpg
445KB, 2382x1213px
>>15926698 is OP
>>15926846
>>15926995
Okay, checked the springs, they have numbers written on it and they match, the number tells the size and weight. They should be the same springs. Im starting to feel lost, whatelse should I look for?
>>
>>15960050
Did you actually measure them in their uncompressed state? Are you sure everything is fitted correctly?

The two lower spring collars don't seem to be that much different in height from the picture. Are you sure the cylinders were screwed at the same distance in their lower mounts before fitting them in the car?

At this point, unless you have been extremely unlucky and got a toast spring, I would tear everything apart and start from scratch.
Literally unscrew each cylinder from their mounts (uncompress the springs before doing that) and screw them back in, counting the turns, set them equal and secure them; then unscrew the spring collars as far down as they can go, remove the springs, measure them, see if they are equally long, put them back in, screw the collars back up and put them at the same distance from the bottom collar. Close everything, make sure that anything that is ajustable is exactly identical between left and right and put everything on the car.

I would go as far as inverting the springs (keep the struts where they are, but swap springs left and right, they are identical anyway) to see if the problem follows the spring or stays on the same suspension.

Don't give up m8
>>
I want to modify a cheap end car into an off-road beast. I'm trying to be modest on fuel consumption to performance. Where should I start?
>>
>>15960192
Geo tracker. Small, light, easy to modify, and dirt cheap.
>>
>>15960229
Any year I should look for?
>>
>>15960242
I'm not exactly an expert on them, but I don't think any stick out as being exceptionally better/worse than the others.
>>
File: updown.jpg (54KB, 870x596px) Image search: [Google]
updown.jpg
54KB, 870x596px
>>15960154
When I was sitting back and waiting for the WD40 soaking into nuts for taking out the coilovers, I read your comments again. >>15926995 Then I pulled out my ruler and measured all 4 coilovers again. Turns out the heights are diagonally uneven. I set back and thought for a bit and then decided to match the heights per axle.

Hours later and some lunch in between. The heights are even now, only the front-right 1cm heigher but that dont matter. I think the problem is gone!

I go on highway a lot at 110km/h to and back from collage. At times my car feel like it doesnt go straight. Also while I was underneath the car, I noticed the rear sway bar was twisted because of the uneven coilover lengths.

Now, having all coilovers even per axle, im sure this will solve a lot problems, noises and rattles! Thanks Anon(s).
>>
My truck is leaking what I believe to be motor oil. Not much.. Just a few drops. Does that pour in stuff work? What else can I do to fix it?
Thread posts: 314
Thread images: 45

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.