[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey guys, got a somewhat stupid question here. Want to fit an

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

File: 41+yu68EneL (1).jpg (31KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
41+yu68EneL (1).jpg
31KB, 500x500px
Hey guys, got a somewhat stupid question here.
Want to fit an aftermarket radio in my car.
Bought a harness adapter, but can't figure out how to wire it.
The adapter looks like my OP pic, on the other end I have just wires coming out from the newly bought radio.
How do I wire these two?
>>
>>15922151
Keep the stock radio.
>>
>>15922158
No.
So do I just plug in the stripped wires into those ports on the left?
>>
You're gonna need a wire stripper and butt connectors.
Or a lighter, your teeth, and electrical tape.
>>
>>15922160
No. Keep the stock radio and use an aux adapter that plug into the back of the radio or a tape to aux adapter.
>>
>>15922151
That one in your pic is a car specific ISO harness.

What's the back of your radio look like? If it's not ISO you will have to cut off the car end and use butt connectors to connect it to the radio harness.
>Previous owner of my car twisted the wires together and wrapped them in electrical tape
>Made removing his shitty deck easy
>Too bad he cut the connector of the wiring harness off
>>
>>15922298
Literally the worst way to listen to music in your car. Tapping your phone to the side of your head and playing the music through your phone speaker would sound about as good
>>
OP,
you need 2 adapters
one that came with your new radio
and one that you buy separately that plugs into your car
you solder and heat shrink the wires together using the diagrams that came with the radio and the separate harness
>>
example video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yNl3DkEitjU
>>
>being this fucking stupid
Literally under twenty wires and you don't know how to wire them up. Kill yourself man, this life is not meant for you.
>>
>>15922330
You're retarded. Any shitbox sound system will be just as good with a tape as long as you use the EQ on the radio and the phone.

T. Owned 3 shitboxes with tape deck aux
>>
>>15922795
>a turd with a tape adapter still sounds like a turd
GEE I NEVER KNEW
>>
>>15922151

there's a connector that comes with the aftermarket radio that is square shaped like the black and white portion.

you splice that to the wires coming from the radio.

the whole "strip wires" method is some faggot ass teenaged bullshit that poor teenagers do to avoid buying a $6 adapter.

it saves you headaches and doesn't fuck up your harness.
>>
>>15922151

what radio, did you buy it new or from some guy who probably stole it from someone's car?

pics, OP, pics.
>>
>>15922501
Everybody is new.
At one point I'm sure you couldn't tell the difference between an alternator and an exhaust manifold.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.