[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Car sold but still received pink slip in mail?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

File: bananaboy.jpg (6KB, 228x228px) Image search: [Google]
bananaboy.jpg
6KB, 228x228px
I just sold my car on Monday right after I paid it off via credit union ( didn't have pink slip yet). The DMV just sent me the pink slip for it but according to the postage it was sent out on Tuesday AFTER it was sold? Any ideas on what I should do next?
>>
break her in good. bang off the rev limiter for a good hour and then bottom her out
>>
>>15919838
Your situation sort of doesn't make any sense OP. Did you have the title in hand when you sold the car?
>>
>>15919869
No I didn't. I sold it about 5 days after I paid off my loan and it stated it was an electronic only title. So I sold it to a guy (we went through a credit union) on 9/26. I had to show proof I paid off my loan, etc. and I sold the car using the electronic sale paper (I forgot the form #). Anyways, I received a pink slip today and according to the postage it was sent out 9/27 which is Tuesday.
>>
>>15919838
>title mailed out after lien paid off
The fuck is the problem here?
>>
>>15919883
They mailed the pink slip to me, not the buyer and it also has my name on it lmao
>>
>>15919889
Because the loan was in your name genius. What's so hard to understand?
>>
>>15919882
What state are you in? And where did you actually conduct the sale? At the DMV or your credit union?

Usually, it takes a few days for the DMV system to remove the lien on the title from your loan. It's almost unheard of that you could pay the car off and sell it on the same day unless your state offers a same day title service.
>>
>>15919898
It was 5 days after. It took 3 days for the electronic title to clear. I was told there was only an electronic title and not an actual title so I sold it through the credit union without the pink slip. The pink slip was sent out to me AFTER I sold it
>>
>>15919913
....again what state, because the DMV regs are vastly different depending on where you are, but I can usually look them up. I am going to guess this is either Florida or Cali with all this electronic title bullshit

Generally, for the sale to be legal you would need:

-a copy of the title, in your name, with no liens, that you and the buyer signed and that was notarized
-a bill of sale
-in some states, the tax/registration forms from the DMV

As long as you no longer have a title for the car, you don't own it, the pink slip is worthless
>>
>>15919935
California, sorry.

I did not have a copy of the title at the time of the sale. We had an electronic transfer form and a lien satisfiaction (showing I owned the car). I also had registration and smog. The car was sold at the credit union he paid taxes and stuff etc. and it was registered to his name.
>>
>>15919950
Weird. In most states the bank/CU can't do the title transfer, it has to be done at the DMV even if it's just electronic transfer, but California is literally ass backwards about everything when it comes to cars so i wouldn't be surprised if you could do that

It looks like as long as they completed the electronic transfer and the new owner was able to register the car, you should be fine, the pink slip you have would be void
>>
>>15919962
I'm 100% sure he paid the taxes right there so I'm pretty sure its registered. I texted him asking if it was registered and he we're going to try and figure it out
>>
>>15919838
What are you talking about? Pink slips are for insurance.
>>
>>15920199
What do you mean by that?
>>
>>15919962

>hating on the best part of america

ironic how americans really are this stupid.
california is much MUCH better than whatever shithole state you reside in, buddy
>>
File: 1425614433646.jpg (269KB, 1972x892px) Image search: [Google]
1425614433646.jpg
269KB, 1972x892px
>>15920421
>>
File: 1447830462055.jpg (128KB, 1287x938px) Image search: [Google]
1447830462055.jpg
128KB, 1287x938px
>>15920423

>memes

lol stay cucked, weeb
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.