[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

91 bmw 850i to buy or not to buy

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 4

File: 850i-drside.jpg (259KB, 768x1024px) Image search: [Google]
850i-drside.jpg
259KB, 768x1024px
Quick details:
112k, auto, sunroof, leather, chameleon paint, no damage, asking 8k.
Is it worth $8,000 us? Assuming there isn't already a serious issue. I haven't really looked hard at it, belongs to my friends father he bought it for his son who drove it for a week until sons mom convinced dad a v12 296 hp car isn't an ideal first car for a 17y/o. Will it be the bane of my existence? I'm pretty handy with a wrench, have the money, and love having a car nobody or very few people around have. Want to know if it's worth the money, and what problems I could look forward to. He called it an 850i something custom. I couldn't find anything online about any submodels though so Idk what that is. Was purchased from the original owner who claims the door handles were shaved when he bought it new, interior just as immaculate as the exterior. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
>>
File: 850i-front.jpg (274KB, 960x1280px) Image search: [Google]
850i-front.jpg
274KB, 960x1280px
Not usually into beamers but this one got me feeling some type of way.
>>
File: 850i-sexyside.jpg (181KB, 600x800px) Image search: [Google]
850i-sexyside.jpg
181KB, 600x800px
Self bump, last pic
>>
Ded thred : / thanks for nothing fags. This is why I stay on /pol/
>>
Maintenance nightmare. Only cop if you're completely sure you can afford about 5 times of what you think it'll cost ya.
>>
>>15918955
>This is why I stay on /pol/
Why, because you're an impatient dickhead who expects 20 replies in 2 minutes?
>>
>>15918842
Two separate ecus to control each bank of the engine, fucking nightmare to fix when electrical shit happens, which is probably soon if it hasn't happened yet at 112k
>>
>>15918842
>Will it be the bane of my existence?
Yes.

There is a reason a really cool looking V12 BMW is only $8000, and that reason is maintenance and repair costs that will make you shit rivers of blood.

If you're into luxury power, get a Lexus GS400.
>>
>>15918964
Thanks, I'm so torn I love standing out and this is the first one I've ever seen period, but I'm not big on bmw. Is it mostly mechanical or electronic? Mechanical I can deal with I'm not too experienced with electronics and I know this things packed with wires.
>>
>>15918966
I was joking but It got replies didn't it lol
>>
>>15919001
As >>15918976 said, the thing has two separate ECUs and if one fails it's a major pain.

A V12 BMW isn't going to be easy on your wallet, although it is damn sexy.
>>
>>15918997
>Lexus GS400
sorry, Lexus GS430. $8k will get you a nice one
>>
File: 1348764844816.png (2KB, 244x226px) Image search: [Google]
1348764844816.png
2KB, 244x226px
>>15919007
Fuck off newfag
>>
Any chance of gaining value long long term or is it just a gold plated turd? Only 4k sold in us that year I think 12k-205 it's whole run
>>
>>15919041
12k-20k*
>>
>>15919041
They're rare so if you can keep it running it might become a highly sought after collector's item, I guess. It is a piece of BMW history, after all.
>>
>>15919041
Gold plated turd. A couple of these have run 24 hours of Lemons in west region races - zero have made it to the finish.
>>
>>15919001
>I love standing on the side of the road waiting for a repair truck
Well then this is the car for you!

Tbh the people that own them say the are pretty trouble free if the didn't get the car with issues. If it's 8k it might have issues, mostly electrical.
>>
>>15919041
literally 95%of cars are going to lose value for everyday people
>>
I walked away from a better 850 than that for $1800. That car is worth less than 0 dollars, not being facetious.
>>
>>15919055
That nigged out edition will never be a collector car.
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.