[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Forza Motorsport 6: Apex

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 6

File: FM6A Photo.jpg (512KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
FM6A Photo.jpg
512KB, 1920x1080px
So, I'm playing this game since several days and I wondered if the physics of the cars could be considered somewhat "realistic".

I got tons of understeer with many cars, even at speeds < 60 mph and some cars without traction control are almost undrivable (like the one in picture related) because of the massive oversteer even if I dose the accelerator, so I can go fast.

Tell me more.
>>
File: FM6A Photo 5.jpg (332KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
FM6A Photo 5.jpg
332KB, 1920x1080px
pic related is god tier in every condition
>>
>>15918649
Way too much understeer. Also, I don't like how the oversteer works. It's not that the simulation itself is broken, but there's something wierd with the steering wheel response. Maybe with a wheel it feels different, idk (playing with a pad for now).
>>
>>15918649
You are shit at driving in a videogame

You need to practice with slower cars before moving up to the big boy cars
Oh and get some god damn finger control you ham fisted ape

Git gud
>>
>>15918649
Forza's physics are a little "off" but fairly close and they follow the laws of phydycs within the game. Play with your suspension setup or git gud at racing lines to avoid understeer.
>>
File: FM6A Photo 3.jpg (355KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
FM6A Photo 3.jpg
355KB, 1920x1080px
>>15918657
I'm playing with the Xbox pad and the oversteer is manageable when it's not excessive like on the 458.

If I dose the accelerator the other cars are faster than me, also even at high speed it's like driving on ice.

With other cars it's perfectly fine, though the understeer is still a pain.
>>
File: FM6A Photo 4.jpg (303KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
FM6A Photo 4.jpg
303KB, 1920x1080px
>>15918664
Any tips on how should I modify them?
>>
BTW OP, I recommend Assetto Corsa. Its strenght is not that the physics engine is the most realistic ever made (even though it's pretty hardcore), but the fact that the driving model is the closest thing to a real car ov all the sims I have tried. It just FEELS right, and that's the best thing, because some cold simulations (such as GTR2) can feel a bit wierd even though the physics simulation is very realistic.
>>
File: post-3183-127023983194[1].jpg (230KB, 976x732px) Image search: [Google]
post-3183-127023983194[1].jpg
230KB, 976x732px
>>15918674
Yeah, thanks for the suggestion, I'm also interested in the game but there's no way I'll play it with the xbox controller.

Though I don't know if my Logitech driving force pro (pic related from ps2 era) would suit the game.
>>
>>15918689
I used to play it on a Logitech G27. Now I'm having some issues with the pedalboard, and I need to find the time to take it apart and see what the hell is wrong with it...
>>
>>15918657
When I used simulation in FH1 I noticed a delay in steering too (and thought the same about using the wheel). But I also thought that the delay was because of using a wireless remote.
>>
>>15918673
Soften the front swaybar, some more front camber, some toe out up front, any of those things.
>>
>>15918711
IMO, if you can't at least control the car you don't even need to screw around with the setup. controlling the 458 with the pad and no assists is entirely possible and I do it all the time (it's my favorite car in game). Once you get that under control you can fine tune the setup.
>>
>>15918711
I'll try, thanks.

>>15918716
I can control the car but when I raise the difficulty of the AI (I play @ expert) they're too fast at every corner.

I lose time trying to avoid the oversteer controlling the pad trigger and when I can safely 100% accelerate they're gone.

This happens mostly with the 458 and with "le mans" prototypes (if I oversteer with one of them 8 times on 10 I'm fucked).

In total opposition, cars like the new Ford GT are understeer fest and it feels heavy as fuck.
>>
>>15918734
>GT is an understeer fest
What the fuck am I reading

OP what's your normal upgrade setup?
Also the game is absolute shit at setting up cars so if they're cornering faster than you you should fix the nut behind the wheel.
>>
>>15918734
It's hard to accurately say what you are doing wrong, if you are doing something wrong, or if you're expecting something out of the game that it won't provide. This is mostly because there are so many factors that go into driving "well" and most of them are interdependent.

In short, get gud.
>>
>>15918752
I play with "standard setup" cars, since the game is the apex version and I can't upgrade the cars (just set them up) I thought I could play for what the game is, a sort of beta """tech demo""".

Complete with fps drops and stuttering unfortunately, after some times they pop up from nowhere.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.