[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/O/ld niggas, I repaired all 3 O2 (Two upstream, one downstream)

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

/O/ld niggas, I repaired all 3 O2 (Two upstream, one downstream) sensors, but I'm still getting a P0420 code, and there's nothing wrong with the catalytic converter, what could be causing this code? Should I ignore it?
>>
Clear codes
Wait
If problem persists test sensors with a multimeter.
>>
>>15917482
Did you clear the codes and they came back?

Or did you skip that step?
>>
>>15917497

Everything seems to be running smoothly according to my friend who has a ODB2 scanner though...think it has to do with the purge valve? It was replaced recently, then that code actually re-emerged about a week later.
>>
>>15917499

Codes cleared already, they're all new oem o2 sensors. The nature of the car is quite odd to say, we put a new evap system on it, but a week later that code popped up.
>>
>>15917482
>gets catalytic converter code
>replaces o2 sensors and clears codes
>wonders why they came back
>says cat is fine
Replace the fucking cat you sperglord.
>>
How can you know the cat is fine, and why would you replace the upstream sensors?
>>
>>15917482
Find someone who has a real diagnostic computer, and see what is actually tripping the P0420, because it's probably the cat
>>
>>15917482
>po420
>not teh cat
IT'S THE FUCKING CAT.
>>
Whoa i thought this thread died, guys, any DIRECT way to check if it's the cat myself? I'm not trying to pour money into some mechanic's pocket.

>>15919673
There were codes for all the sensors that's taken care of, just the p0420 shit came back.
>>
>>15921905
You still replaced them thinking it would fix the issue. Remove the cat and check the honey comb
>>
>>15917482
It could be faulty wiring or connection with the o2 sensors of the cats are still functional
>>
>>15922480
>>15922862

Well, should I be noticing jerking or engine misfires, cause i dont see any of that.
>>
- Three way catalyst converter Bank 1
- Exhaust tube - Intake air leaks
- Fuel injectors may be faulty
- Fuel injector leaks
- Spark plugs may be faulty
- Improper ignition timing
- Engine Control Module (ECM)
- Dirty air filter
>>
>>15925540

I heard there might a fuel injection issue, problem, I do smell gas, but for the car's age I thought that was normal? I'll look into all of those, thanks.
>>
Light a fat blunt off the hot cat, and see if it still pulls that code.
>>
>P0420
Just blaze it, faggot.
>>
>>15926081
>>15925789

Top O' T' Line answers, thanks buds!
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.