[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Need to move a car

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

File: car.jpg (71KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
car.jpg
71KB, 640x480px
I know this isn't the usual type of vehicle on /o/, but I need to move a near 90 year old car about 500 miles.
I've got a truck, and a cousin with a car trailer, but it's open top. Figure a giant tarp will be good enough?
Is there a better way for me to be doing this?
I've got a month to figure it out.
>>
>>15917195
If the paint is nice and you don't want anything at all to happen make sure you pad and spot where the tarp touches the paint. The tarp will probably flap in the wind regardless of how will you your it down.
>>
>>15917303
Just wrap the whole car with plastic wrap. Steal a big roll of it from somewhere.
>>
>>15917195
Moving blankets are cheap insurance for rub, but my GOD I'd look into borrowing/renting an enclosed. The local trailer shop rents enclosed, post on Craigs our just buy one and sell it again before tagging
>>
>>15917310
If it's hot that's a really bad idea.
>>
>>15917303
Tarp is canvas, not one of those plastic blue ones I see everywhere. Shouldn't be as bad on the paint.
>>15917314
But I've got about a dozen pads and a relative who owns a moving company along the way I can grab more from. It's a good idea to put them under, thanks.

And I did look to rent an enclosed, but to have room inside to still tie it down I'm need a 7x15 footer. And can't find one nearby.

As it is, trailer will weigh as much as the car, it's only 2200lbs.

>>15917352
It'll be at the end of oct, in canada. It's not gonna be hot.
>>
>>15917374
Wash and wax the car, and make sure the tarp is clean too.
>>
File: rockstar-mud-flaps.jpg (21KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
rockstar-mud-flaps.jpg
21KB, 480x360px
>>15917195
Make sure the tow vehicle has tow flaps.

Wrapping the entire car in plastic wrap is a good idea, go 10 layers deep, that will provide a nice cushin for rocks.
>>
>>15917374
Sweet baby jesus canvas and vinyl tarps will rip paint to shit.

Take it to a boat storage yard once it's tied down with a bunch of moving blankets and have them heatshrink the whole thing. Bring $100 to buy a roll of the patch tape off them. It's expensive, but you're going to fucking need it if you get a tear 200 miles down the road.
>>
You really need to call a reputable transporting company. One that has good insurance.
>>
>>15917741
>>15917314

Absolute musts
>>
>>15918621
Also the last time I moved a car it was a mint as FUCK 76 triumph and all I had was an open trailer.

I used a ton of moving blankets, a ton of duct tape, and a bunch of strap-downs and attached the tarp to the trailer itself all the way over the car, basically making an enclosed with blankets under it. Worked beautifully for driving through snowy colorado.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.