[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Tuning

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 3

Cheapest way to make a 50cc moped go 60 mph?
>>
Yasuni exhaust, derestrict, retune. That'll get you to 80km/h.

Any further than that you'll be looking at replacing the cylinder for something like a mhr replica. If you aren't stuck to 50cc get an 80 in there. Can all be done for relatively cheap.

Christ it's like i'm 16 again.
>>
>>15916932

throw it off a cliff.
>>
>>15916932
lose weight
>>
>>15916949
Yah, failed the licence for the 125 for the second time, so now i cant retry till after winter. Also, im not familiar with english motorcycle lingo, by derestrict you mean remove the blocker thing in the exhaust, right?
>>
>>15916963
Among other things. Like a copper plate in the carb if I recall correctly. Not sure.

This shit was 10 years ago for me.
>>
File: image.jpg (64KB, 560x575px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
64KB, 560x575px
A E R O
>>
>>15917003
this
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lnYp4srEooI
>>
Kinda related, I'm too much of a poorfag to buy a car and I could tune my old moped but would it be a smart idea to use one to commute ~10 miles to college everyday, on a highway, without a license? I live in Georgia if that helps with any regulatory rules
>>
>>15918018
>on a highway
Hopefully not the freeway. There's usually rules against driving underpowered/slow vehicles on them.
>>
>>15918035
No it's not a freeway
>>
>>15916932
Even if you manage to go 60mph, chances are there's also a law about being restricted to a certain horsepower -- that's how it is in Florida iirc, but everywhere is different and you should check your local laws (ideally with a lawyer) -- of course cops might not care, but if you're breaking the law you might want to consider something bigger/faster from the get-go depending on the consequences (or risks).
>>
>>15918035
>Georgia
>highway
>logging trucks doing 70 mph in a 55 zone
>>
>>15918135
Oh yeah, its extremely illegal.
>>
>>15918135
Yep, rather just go full squid and get something that you can full throttle and get away. In some places they won't even chase you, because it's too dangerous.
>>
>>15916932
Gears
>>
File: 1474739966188.jpg (24KB, 542x542px) Image search: [Google]
1474739966188.jpg
24KB, 542x542px
>>15916932
Drop it from a crane?
>>
Put in back of pick up truck.
>>
>>15916932
116 octane gas
>>
>>15916932
nah, theres no cheap way to doing this mate, only option i can think of is drop a 125cc engine into it and hope you dont get pulled over.

i've spent around £1200 upgrading my 125 to 166, reporting from 3 to 5 ports,lightened crank and flywheel, better carb , race exhaust, performance clutch, better reed valves, upgraded ignition pack, stage 4 tuning. but now it puts out 19.8bhp as opposed to standard 11.5, weighing in at 75 kilos thats plenty of power, especially on drum brakes and 10 inch wheels.
>>
>>15918944
when i first put the engine back in, none of the control cables are attached hence no throttle control. got a week off work the week after next so hopefully it'll be complete and on the road before Halloween.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DARgoccA8fk&feature=youtu.be
>>
>>15916932
Assuming you're in Europe on a restricted license, know that the restriction also applies to power output, not just displacement. Then again I've never heard of cops putting your bike on a dyno, nor will they be able to tell the difference between 3 and 15 hp with their eyes.

However you should not that dropping money on upgrading small cc bikes is not worth it. Why not save your 2-3 grand and spend it on a bigger bike that can smoke a fully tuned 50-125cc, stock, when you're able.

However if you still want to go for it you have to go for mechanical wizardry like>>15918944

However, the motor being a 2 stroke, I would imagine there's lots of room for improvement from just the typical, filter, exhaust and ecu reprogramming. Basically a good tune.

With a 50cc two stroke you should be able to hit at least 15hp. I met a guy who had an Aprilia RS50 two stroke and his made 14bhp with little modification. If you can get that power output and not hit 60 then it's a gearing problem and that's much more expensive to fix and not worth it.

So my suggestion is, take it to a good tuner so long as it's not too expensive. However if you're going to be stuck with it for the full two years then maybe it's worth spending some money on it because you'll get sick of the low power really quick.
>>
>>15918018

60 is barely safe for a 45 mph zone in ga.

Gwinnett fag here.
>>
>>15916952
Fuck I came here to post this.
>>
>>15919087
Also you can probably up the displacement to 80 which is pretty standard for 50cc motors
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.