[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What do all you guys do for a living? How do you afford your

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 3

What do all you guys do for a living?
How do you afford your bikes?
Do you finance or buy outright?
New or used?

I see a lot of guys with nice bikes on here and i could barely afford mine, so I was just curious what kind of work you all did.
>>
Finance and haggle
>>
>>15913362
if you think bikes are expensive how will you ever hope to buy a house?
>>
File: lift.jpg (251KB, 1332x749px) Image search: [Google]
lift.jpg
251KB, 1332x749px
Finance :^)
>>
>>15913520
>said by the faggot that financed a 10 year old car
>>
>>15913525

No that was me. Had been riding a bicycle to work through the winter and fucked up, couldn't wait another 5 months to be able to buy a used truck outright. Had no credit either, now I pay $300/mo for a 10 year old corolla

As I previously stated: kill me
>>
>>15913520
Had a long and rough financial history. Made ultra retarded decisions in life in my late teens early twenty's so paying those off has been harsh.
Just got started in an actual career job and I onlyake $18 right now. Inside three years I'll be making 6 figures though.
House won't be a problem once I hit that mark though.
>>
I drive a truck and have 2 drivers under me.
>>
>>15913362

I work as a metallurgical engineer.
I bought it with cash.
Used SV650s.
>>
>>15913362
Save up, buy outright in cash.

Don't finance a toy because they'll force you to get full coverage insurance on it to cover their asses in case you write it off.

Outside of a house, if you can't buy it in cash it isn't with having. Save up and don't put yourself in debt, it's probably not worth it.
>>
>>15914006
>How Not to Build Credit 101
>>
>>15914264
>living in a debt society
>>
>>15913362
I work as a designer and I do consultancy work on the side.

I always buy mine outright, and I always buy used too.

no break ins, its cheaper, don't have to deal with sales room cocks.
>>
File: 1445165232884.jpg (32KB, 300x378px) Image search: [Google]
1445165232884.jpg
32KB, 300x378px
>>15913362
I do customer service for hyundai's blue link
Pays for full coverage on a minicooper and an exc 350 even though I have a really bad ticket
I bought it because motorcycles a dirt cheap
Used obv
>>
>>15914285
Why not borrow an amount of money you already have so that way if you can't manage to pay it off -- from loss of income for example -- you can bail yourself out?
>>
>>15914346
>paying extra in interest when you have the funds readily available
>>
>>15914357
Setup a weekly payment schedule and you basically ruin the interest they make on you, by paying up in tighter intervals you fuck with the compounding.

I was lucky and had a friend of the family who was a commercial Mortgage Broker for like a billion years show me this shit young.

I do this for my Car, Bike, and Mortgage.
>>
>>15913362
I drive a tow truck have bomb ass credit score but no history so people don't wanna give me loans. Bought my wrx new straight cash. And bought a cbr off craigslist for cash.
>>
>>15914357
Then save a little more for the interest too? At least it's building "credit" (which I imagine you'd probably avoid anyways). I don't blame you for not liking credit though.

>>15914367
I gotta try this. Thanks based anon
>>
>>15914406
On my Mazda it saves me $200 over the 5 year duration of the loan, and trims it down to 51 months.

On my house it saves me around $50,000 over the 30 years, well actually 23 since it overtakes the compounding interest. Basically paying weekly makes it like my wife worked an extra year, we plan to use the savings to buy her son a car.
>>
>>15914598
>Your wife's son
>>
>>15914789
>he has to do the saving for her sons car
>>
Self employed
Digging into the company kitty

Cash
Used

Too be fair, for 3k you can have a pick out of a lot of nice bikes.
>>
I bought mine cash, Japanese bikes aren't that expensive.
>>
musician
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.