[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

No Garage General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

File: image.jpg (42KB, 400x267px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
42KB, 400x267px
>tfw no garage
>constantly panic about car being on street
>car gets dirty from rain all the time
>can't work on your shit without people bothering you
>one time builders working on neighbours roof threw a bunch of shit on my car rather than asking me to move it, scratched my shit up
>old car so sometimes central locking plays up and rolls down the windows
>retarded kids play on their bikes with ramps and shit near where I park
>only other place to park is a gravel car park where people kick stones at your car
>live in a really good area but still worry about break ins or keyings

Anyone else know that no garage feel? What kind of steps do you take to prevent damage? I want a nice car but I just can't even bring myself to buy one because it's not worth the risk of parking on the street.
>>
>>15910173
Used to, and it drove me crazy trying to keep a black car clean. Every time I washed it I noticed a new dent or scratch from some lazy dependent fuckface not giving a shit about other people's property.

But then I discovered that I could have a second car and that I could leave my fun one(s) in the free parking garage
>>
>>15910173
> Park car on driveway like 99% of the population
> Rain is mostly water, makes it cleaner half the time
> Don't have an anxiety disorder, car's covered by CCTV anyway
> Can easily pull video files from the CCTV for evidence, police are just fine with being handed a cheap USB drive with it on
> Don't live in the ghetto, car isn't vandalised anyway
> Newer car, central locking can be told to roll the windows down remotely
> I have no idea what the control sequence for that is
> Only time it ever does that is while doing maintenance with the keys in my back pocket, while wearing tighter jeans.
> TFW my arse knows more about the car than my brain
>>
File: image.jpg (38KB, 362x346px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
38KB, 362x346px
>>15910258
> Rain is mostly water, makes it cleaner half the time
>>
>have to take dashcam out every night because worried about some cunt breaking in and stealing it
>having to pour water over your windshield in winter mornings to get rid of the ice on the windows

If I wasn't renting I would invest in a garage or at least a carport for this place.
>>
>contract at current place ends in a few months
>looking around at deals in the area
>really nice areas offering rooms for rent and garage use for cheap
I might do it.
>>
>>15910263
the other percentage is raw autism
>>
>>15910258
>rain is water, makes it clean
Let me introduce you to dust, pollen, summer, and autism.
>CCTV
smuganimegrills.jpg
>central locking controlling windows
what
>>
>>15910373
Ye seems like it.
>>
>>15910263
I mean if your car was waxed recently sometimes thats true but i doubt anyone waxes that often.
>>
>>15910265
>have to take dashcam out every night because worried about some cunt breaking in and stealing it
I used to have my dashcam out in the open all the time, a few weeks ago they actually broke into the car and took all the electronics, lesson learned

it was parked literally 10 ft from my bedroom window, which was open, and yet they managed to open and close every door and the boot without me waking up, but at least they were pros and didn't really damage the car except for a small paint chip
>>
Does a shared garage count?
>>
>>15910173

You don't really own anything anon, anything is up for grabs these days....

>tfw no garage
>constantly panic about car being on street
>car gets dirty from rain all the time
>can't work on your shit without people bothering you
>one time builders working on neighbours roof threw a bunch of shit on my car rather than asking me to move it, scratched my shit up
>old car so sometimes central locking plays up and rolls down the windows
>retarded kids play on their bikes with ramps and shit near where I park
>only other place to park is a gravel car park where people kick stones at your car
>live in a really good area but still worry about break ins or keyings

Anyone else know that no garage feel? What kind of steps do you take to prevent damage? I want a nice car but I just can't even bring myself to buy one because it's not worth the risk of parking on the street.
>>
I know these feels bro. It sucks. One of the reasons i wont upgrade my car.
>>
Just install an alarm system if you feel like your car will be broken into. If you feel like people are going to fuck your shit up, then get a car cover and put a sign that says it's being recorded by CCTV or something. Maybe add a few pro right, or NRA stickers. Most people would think twice.

Another possibility is to have a garage.
>xddddddd
>>
>>15911389
>You don't really own anything anon, anything is up for grabs these days....

Including the life of anyone I catch messing with my car.
>>
>>15910173
Install an OBD port lock if your car has one, and a Disklok as well
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.