[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Truck Comparison Thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 6

Hey /o/, I'm in the market for a new truck soon and was wondering if anyone had opinions or experiences with what I'm looking at. Looking at either a 2015 F-150 lariat with the 3.5 ecoboost or a 2014-15 Sierra Denali with the 6.2l motor. Motor isn't a huge deal because I will only be doing light short distance towing occasionally. Ride quality also isn't a huge factor because I will be lifting it (and no I don't want to hear about how your RCX lift rides like shit because I will be doing something like an FTS kit with coilovers) , I'm more interested in interior quality and features that you enjoy/wish you had, and what works well and what doesn't.
>>
>>15908783
get the 2015 F150, the interior is pretty fucking sick compared to the last gen
>>
Everyone here hates you, get the ford
>>
The F150
>>
File: zsjolq3q1zedyevqp5fm.jpg (55KB, 800x461px) Image search: [Google]
zsjolq3q1zedyevqp5fm.jpg
55KB, 800x461px
>>
File: arteezy.jpg (58KB, 600x800px) Image search: [Google]
arteezy.jpg
58KB, 600x800px
>>15908808
>please believe our ad
>>
>>15908808
I'm not going to be loading industrial grade equipment into my bed, so I assume all be fine.

also
>not having bedliner
>>
>>15908783
Fucking test drive, read specs, study up. Don't ask /o/. Almost no one here will have any experience with either of these trucks. They'll just spout memes and hate because hurr durr trucks and aluminum and small dicks lelelel Xd
>>
>>15908783
GMC
>>
>>15908783
buy a nice sedan and a beater truck. or just rent a truck when you need to tow. sounds like you don't need a truck. stop wasting money.
>>
>>15908912
>sounds like you don't need a truck. stop wasting money.
Good thing you established a robust profile of who I am over a couple sentences on the internet. I only have one room for a vehicle and a truck better suits that need. Funny thing is once I have room for two cars the truck will be the daily and the sedan will be the weekend car.
>>
I personally prefer the new Ferds, but go test drive a few and see what you prefer.

The Ferds have a better interior honestly, while you are sacrificing Android Auto support (if that's your thing) the interior quality, ride quality, etc are infinitely better. I do think the GMCs look better on the outside though.

>>15908912
kys
>>
>>15908783
>I don't care about anything you guys care about
>what should I buy
shut the fuck up and get a ridgeline.
>>
>>15908932
what do you tow and how often?
>>
>>15908974
he's lifting his truck, he won't be towing jack shit.
>>
>>15908969
I care about features and reliability, and you can't lift a ridgeline so that's a big no.
>>15908974
read the OP, occasionally
>>15908980
What are drop hitches and air bags?
>>
>>15908983
You give a fuck about how it looks to Cleatus' daughter.

>what are drop hitches and airbags
What are the laws of physics.
I love watching you hick fucks try to haul shit in your "monster trucks"
Fuck off and get a real truck with a real diesel engine or buy a fucking ridgeline and accept that you're a camo-clad suburbanite.
>>
>>15908997
My brother literally tows boats as part of his job and does it perfectly fine with a lifted truck. To me it seems as if you don't know shit about shit.
>>
>>15909011
With what, a two inch lift?

I have a 6 inch lift that I had to lower to the lowest setting on the lift kit. I have 20 inch rims. It effects the braking more then anything else. The steering is also effected with the lift. Basically all working parts on a truck will be stressed more with the lift kit. I have adjustable Pro Comp Shocks and I set them as hard as possible when towing, then after towing reset them to hard as possible because they loosen up! As for the ride, its less stable with the lift. If I were to do it over or have the cash to remove it (Weld), I would not have the lift kit. Its not necessary at all and causes more problems then its worth for the look IMO.
>>
File: MYTRUCK.jpg (56KB, 640x427px)
MYTRUCK.jpg
56KB, 640x427px
>>15909020
>>
>>15909020
With a six inch lift. I'm sorry that you chose a suspension system of poor quality, as mentioned in the OP I will not be doing that. And towing will not be regular enough for it to an effect on me.
>>
>>15908783
6.2 all day.
>>
File: 32205950001_large.jpg (258KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
32205950001_large.jpg
258KB, 1024x768px
>>15909038
So, as I said, get a ridgeline as you obviously want a truck to say you have a truck, and that's why it exists.
>you can't lift them
did you even check?
>>
>>15909052
I want a truck because I use the basic utilities a truck is used for. I don't want a ridgeline because the interior is shit as well as the overall build quality. You can but a strut spacer on them, but you cannot lift them with a differential drop as with every other 1/2 ton on the market. Again, you don't know me, you're just trying to prove an autistic point.
>>
>>15909069
>you don't know me
but I do, you're a camo-clad suburbanite. Get a diesel or get a ridgeline, as you obviously haven't the slightest clue what you're doing.
Protip - Your brother probably knows more about trucks than 4chan.
Assuming he exists for any other reason than "proving an autistic point"
>>
>>15908830
>toolbox
>industrial equipment

Just admit you're a manlet size numale cuck who will use it as a mall crawler
>>
>>15908783
Because you want to lift, go V8. Unless you're lift is less than 3in (you can probably get away with 5in but people will hear your engine struggle) then you'll be ok with the V6TT. The F-150 has always been known as a more luxurious truck than the rest and you're probably going to get a bedliner but also consider that aluminum is ~4x more expensive to fix due to more labor hours to repair and harder metal to not fuck up with.
>>
>>15909079
I don't own camo, and I live in a slightly rural area. But again, since you must be me or something, you continuously insist you know what's best for me despite going off on an argument of no relevance to the OP.
>>
>>15909098
>ask 4chan for truck for non-truck related things
>surprised when given a truck marketed for non truck related things
Are you more of an SUV kinda guy? I could see that. I mean they are "Sports UTILITY vehicles" no?

In all seriousness OP, you sound like a massive faggot. "Semi-rural" AKA suburbs with some country 15 minutes one way and a metroplex 20 minutes the other?
Yeah, been there. You're still a suburbanite.
>>
>>15909111
Think a lifted Tahoe or Expedition would suit him? I'd love to see one.
>>
>>15909121
I was thinking blazer or bronco.
It would be cute.
Course he seems like the compensating type so it'd have to be a typhoon.
>>
>>15909125
Those vehicles aren't really on the showroom floors yet. Saw he wanted full size though.
>>
>>15909094
toolboxes don't touch the bed?
>>15909096
The max tire size I would do would be about a 35" tire, which from personal experience seems to work fine with the 3.5TT. However, I've driven a 5.0 with both 37s (on a level) and 35s (on a 6.5" lift) and it was surprisingly sluggish. This is why I want the 3.5 hands down if I'm going ford, but have never personally experienced a 6.2 lifted.
>>15909111
>>15909111
>>ask 4chan for truck for non-truck related things
I'm not asking if I should get a truck, I;m down to two options and asking what are some pros and cons between the two.
I currently drive an SUV with a rear tire gate and hate the difficulty to access the trunk area. And great job on analyzing my whole life based on some small information on a thread.
>>
>>15909152
remove the spare tire arm and put the tire inside?
>>
>>15909152
The gearing in your vehicles might have been different. I know you said F-150 or 1500 but have you considered the Tahoe/Suburban or Expedition(XL) lines? They all have 4X4 available and look mean as hell with a lift. Plus if you throw down the third row (with a cargo mat, the bedliner of SUV world) it is a temporary truck. Just food for thought though.
>>
>>15909152
>I'm not asking if I should
You shouldn't.
>I'm down to two options
If your options are those two see the first answer
>I currently drive an SUV
thought so
>hate how difficult it is
see >>15909163

>good job
Thanks, I know my ilk when I see them. One day you'll own land on Edward's Plateau too and you'll shitpost on a Tibetan Truck Enthusiast imageboard about city rats.
>>
>>15909178
but in all reality OP, I'd go with the GMC.
>>
>>15909163
Then there's no room for storage. When I bought it I was more into rock crawling and needed the full size spare, but now it is a hassle.
>>15909172
I've thought about a Tahoe, but there's really no reason to pay that extra money for a third row I'll never use and the extra interior space.
>>
>>15909178
>You shouldn't get a truck because I know you better than you know you
I currently drive an SUV and it's what makes me want a truck, because I know a truck will better suit me. Are you really that insecure that seeing another person buy a nice truck offends you?
>>
>>15909188
remove tire all together and get AAA

I just saved you 40k.
>>
>>15909200
No, I was fucking with you because you should get used to it. You want a lifted truck. It's like wanting a WRX. Grow some balls and stop giving a fuck.
>>
>>15909188
Well then opt out of TRS? I mean, it isn't mandatory.
>>
>>15909206
Already have AAA, I could remove it but in all reality a truck bed is just a more convenient option.
>>15909208
I drive a lifted SUV, I'm used to the shit. And I want an STi, so I get that shit about that too. Really just trying to conduct a helpful discussion, but it's seeming like quite the disaster.
>>
>>15909221
>he still doesn't get that I'm just dropping memes about lifted trucks
jesus fucking christ vapecuck end yourself.
>>
>>15909217
From what I've seen, they all have it. It's still more money for interior space that's not necessary. They're several thousand dollars more than comparable truck options, so it's not what I need to spend money on.
>>15909224
No, I get it. Each reply bumps it to the top.
>>
>>15909244
I just find the SUV more practical. You can have your buddies in the vehicle, they do really well off-road due to weight on the rear wheels. They can haul as much as their lightduty brothers (1500s & F-150s) and pull pussy easier as a lifted SUV isn't little penis flags all over the place. Oh, and they can be used for the same uses as a pickup with a cargo mat.
>>
>>15909274
Honestly I can't think of any situation where I needed to have more than 4 people in my vehicle, which a truck can do fine and then put more in the bed if it's a short drive. Again not worried about towing, and I'm not worried about comments from insecure people about little penises because I;m not insecure, I wouldn't say they can be used to quite the extent of a truck, though. Overall, if they were the same price, I'd say yes, but the difference in cost doesn't justify the features which aren't even all better.
>>
>>15909304
Has safety occured? Lift kits drastically decrease safety ratings. And again, lifted trucks=0 gain/loss with ladies
SUVs=+1 with the ladies.
>>
>>15909330
I'm not someone immature that's going to flip over driving like an idiot. I drive normally, so I'm not concerned about safety aside from the minuscule chance of a freak accident. And I don't need a vehicle to use as a crutch to get women. No one likes that guy that brings up what they own in every conversation and tries to brag about it.
>>
>>15909349
It's not a crutch dipshit, it's a bonus.
>>
My dad has 2015 Ford F-150 XLT Supercab is holding up good so far as a workhorse. Just met 30,000 miles on it recently. I haven't drove the new Sierra yet, but I have the last gen model, holding up pretty well. Only issue I had was something to do with the anti-lock breaks.
>>
>>15909360
It is when you use it to rely on. I don't need it anyways, I'm not autistic as the majority of this site is.
>>
>>15908783
I would like the GMC interior's more if they weren't bland as hell.
Thread posts: 53
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.