[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Help a noob sell an old truck

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

File: chebby.jpg (97KB, 706x600px) Image search: [Google]
chebby.jpg
97KB, 706x600px
I own an old truck. Out of state title, in another persons name, and I don't have the time to wait for a new title to come in the mail. I have 2 private bills of sale to prove I acquired the vehicle legally, but these bills of sale reflect a great deal given to me by a family member before I cleaned it up. Truck is old, beat up, but running, and I'm told (by a friend at a dealership) that it should fetch around 2200-2400 bucks in an ideal sale.

Long story short, I need to get a decent deal on this truck so I can afford to buy a commuter car. Is the current condition of this title going to fuck me? I'm okay with taking a few hundred bucks out of my profit for an outdated title, but is there a way to definitively prove ownership of a vehicle without waiting for the new title? Is there a free/cheap VIN check service to show the last official owner of the truck, that I could present along with the old title?

Thanks in advance /o/, any other tips for a quick private sale would be great as well.
>>
>>15906027
Also, pic is unrelated.
>>
>>15906027
One last bump in hopes of help
>>
>>15906027
Without a title in hand, its a parts truck.
>>
>>15907247
I have the most recent title, is just 2 owners out of date.
>>
>>15907272
Fuck it, just write the bill of sale using the name on the title.
>>
>>15907272
Is the back of the title, in the transfer area, signed by the owner printed on the title?
>>
>>15907293
Yes.
>>
Floating titles is illegal. You need to wait to get a title in your own name before you can sell it. Good luck.
>>
>>15907337
Damn. Thanks for the info.
>>
>>15906027
Curbstoning is illegal. Get a new title. Ot find (another) retard to sell it to.
>>
>>15906027
Why don't you just get the truck in your name and cut losses?
>>
File: laughing bitches reaction 2.jpg (119KB, 800x601px) Image search: [Google]
laughing bitches reaction 2.jpg
119KB, 800x601px
So, you bought a shitty truck, without title. Did a bunch of work on it, still without title. Now you want to sell it, but you still don't have the title. But now it's an emergency or some shit, and you're in too much of a hurry to get a title.

But you're wondering if there's a way you can prove you actually own the truck, without the thing that proves you actually own the truck.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.