[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Best Sedan for Uber

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: Example.jpg (74KB, 448x336px) Image search: [Google]
Example.jpg
74KB, 448x336px
What is the best sedan for uber /o/?

Reminder, uber requirements for the vehicle are:
>4 door sedan that can seat 4 or more passengers, excluding driver
>2001 or newer (sometimes varies by city)
>No marked, taxi, or salvage vehicles

I'd vote for a toyota corolla. 4 cyl engine saves on gas, toyota reliability to save on maintenance, and they're cheap to purchase (2017 for under $20k, used of course is much lower).
>>
2011 Lincoln Town Car. Get on Uber Black, don't have to drive niggers and drunk college frat boys.
>>
prius
its what taxis use here
>>
>>15905451
Lexus IS200
Lexus IS300
Lexus GS300
Lexus LS400
>>
>>15905457
How well do they hold up though? I recall hearing something about how the batteries tend to go bad after a couple years, much less 15.

>>15905471
Those seem a bit pricey, why do you think they're the best?
>>
A hybrid or a diesel sedan would be the most ideal for Uber.

>Great mpg
>Can stretch out running costs because of longer service intervals
>Most diesels can take abuse
>As a result, can run for a very long time
>You could even convert to biodiesel or whatever if it's cheaper for you

I see no downsides to running a diesel Jetta or wagon. Lexus makes great hybrid versions of a lot of their cars and you can get them in black, making you eligible for Uber Black iirc.
>>
>>15905455
>>15905781
Is uber black worth it? As in, does the profit from presumably higher fares offset the cost of a more expensive vehicle.
>>
Best sedan would have to be.. a >Toyota Corolla
>>
In my city they ask for cars 2004 or newer
>>
I thought the new rule for Uber was the car had to be 10 years or younger?
>>
>>15907424
I was reading 2001 or newer on their site.

Why not expand this to the best vehicle for each class of uber?

I'd say for uberX the toyota corolla is the best.
>>
>>15905749
>How well do they hold up though? I recall hearing something about how the batteries tend to go bad after a couple years, much less 15.

Where exactly did you hear that? It's exactly the opposite, with cab companies racking up hundreds of thousands of miles usually without any serious failures, and even wear parts (brakes, oil) need much less frequent changes.
>>
>>15907671
Some article a while back. Something about the batteries not holding up very well. Might have been about the gen 1 prius specifically, I don't remember exactly what it was.
>>
>>15908103

Well might want to read up a bit more then, gen 2 is just stupidly overbuilt. it might just be the most durable and overengineered Toyota since the '92 Camry. They had a lot riding on the hybrid stuff, it proved to be unreliable it would have been very damaging to their reputation as a whole, and may just have sunk the whole hybrid concept in the market place. Instead, they became mainstream to the point of not just smug eco-faggots driving them.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.