[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Noob mistake

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 4

File: Screenshot_2016-09-28-10-08-49.png (377KB, 1440x2560px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-09-28-10-08-49.png
377KB, 1440x2560px
TL;DR: how to: sap removal from glass, scratch removal from glass

So fucking windshield is covered in tree sap, without even thinking about it I grabbed a Scotch Brite pad (thinking it was regular sponge) and proceeded to scrub the fuck out of my windshield.

Didn't do much to remove the sap, and left scuffs all over my windshield. The scratches aren't deep, can't feel them, but they create a ton of little hazy spots on the glass.

So, how do I SAfELY remove the sap, and then how do I fill the scratches/polish the glass?
>>
File: scotch-brite-pad.jpg (19KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
scotch-brite-pad.jpg
19KB, 400x400px
Fuck my life, like having your glasses drug over concrete.
>>
>>15904893
Tree sap dissolves in hot soap and water
>>
File: 1474502388418.jpg (20KB, 395x296px) Image search: [Google]
1474502388418.jpg
20KB, 395x296px
>>15905175
Would have never thought to try heat.
>>
>>15904893
Just kys. It's easier
>>
>>15905177
Yea it's the same reason why you're supposed to wash dishes in warm water

Tree sap is mostly sugar so it'll readily dissolve in water or isopropyl alcohol (rubbing alcohol)
>>
This stuff actually worked for me.

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Turtle-Wax-Max-Power-Car-Wash-100-oz/49692798
>>
>>15905234
They also make plastic razor blades. Had a pack for the snow scraping ice off my windshield but they don't scratch glass and they're fairly cheap.
>>
>>15904893
I had an old pair of glasses that I just used when I ran. It had a coating on the lens that started to chip off (probably from sweat). Tried everything to get the rest of the coating off. They I tried Scotch Brite sponge. Just completely fucked up the glass. >>15905151 is right.
>>
Clay bar, soap and water.
>>
>>15904893
Hit it with a rock and file for a new one through your insurance.
Alternatively get a glass polishing kit and leave a soaking wet towel over the windshield for a while to soften up the sap
>>
>>15905151
On a similar note is this good to remove rust/RTV and dried on gasket material off mating surfaces for a oil pan?
>>
Smear peanut butter on your windshield. Best way to get sap off, make sure you do it while your neighbors are watching, too.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.