[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>9 speed automatic WHY!? FOR WHAT PURPOSE!?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

File: 2016_jeep_cherokee_.jpg (128KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
2016_jeep_cherokee_.jpg
128KB, 640x480px
>9 speed automatic

WHY!?

FOR WHAT PURPOSE!?
>>
>>15902897
muh m p g
>>
because jeep is moving away from their target audience of offroaders and now making bloated luxury vehicles, a la Range Rover, to target at the upper middle class soccer moms so they don't have to worry about parking in a muddy field at little Scotty's game while they text their bull about evening plans.
>>
>>15902897
9 is best number.
>>
Whats the point of having so many gears its like a fucking lorry or even a tank
Are they trying to imitate low/high gears for offroading?
>>
>>15902949

Tiny turbo engines have a somewhat small powerband. More gears help you stay in the powerband.
>>
>>15902897
To one-up GM's POS 8 speed auto
>>
File: chrysler_oil_sludge.jpg (151KB, 1024x682px) Image search: [Google]
chrysler_oil_sludge.jpg
151KB, 1024x682px
>>15902897
You misunderstand. GM and Chrysler weren't bailed out to keep auto workers employed. They were bailed out to keep repair shops open. As long as they keep churning out this overly-complicated, poorly made crap, technicians the world over will have a steady paycheck.This is just the latest measure to ensure that your local transmission shop stays in business.
>>
>>15902915
This. They can get fucked for selling out, just like LR(or Ford?) did 10 years ago.
>>
>>15902967
Sorry I forgot it was a 1.6 I4 turbo
Doesn't it have atleast a 3liter as smallest engine
>>
>>15902978
>This is just the latest measure to ensure that your local transmission shop stays in business.
You moron.

Local shops are literally protesting this 9-10-11 speed bullshit because they can't service them. You're basically forced to go to the dealer.
>>
>>15902897
the chink eyes are not the headlights.
it's the ones underneat.

jesus fuck what the hell were they thinking with it's design

Somebody looked at this and thought it looked good

and whats worse, there's people out there who agree, and like the way it looks.
>>
>>15902897
Funny thing is most owners claim they have never made it to the 9th speed unless on a very long downhill.
>>
>>15902897
So the Jeep Wrangler can stay the same as its always been
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.