[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What went wrong?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

File: Acura-Emblem-1.jpg (55KB, 1454x1323px) Image search: [Google]
Acura-Emblem-1.jpg
55KB, 1454x1323px
What went wrong?
>>
They stopped putting ecoboost on their cars and it all went to shit
>>
>>15901979
Instead of making manual SH-AWD Type S versions of every car they make, they put those chrome beaks on them.
>>
File: 2007-acura-tl-type.jpg (122KB, 1024x682px) Image search: [Google]
2007-acura-tl-type.jpg
122KB, 1024x682px
>>15902000
/thread
>>
Beaks

Their lineup either got to be too large, or too small for their market segment.

They were just about perfect in 2004-2010ish.

The first getn TSX (euro Accord-R) which was turned into a bloated pig 3/5th size TL in the 2009 redesign. Now it's a fucking civic without the turbo motor. I had an 08 TSX 6MT that I bought new and just sold. It was so much fucking fun to hammer on that thing. Beautiful steering and the best shifter apart from the S2000.

The late TL-S with SHAWD was a demon, expecially with the manual. It was fucking ugly compared to the two prior generations. But it bridged the gap between the 3-series/ C class and 5-series / E class sizes, and really needed to be larger to dominate the segment. So of course Acura made it smaller! Now we have the TLX, which is a nice car with SH-AWD, but just a shrunken accord without it.

The RL never really sold well, but it was honestly their best car. I almost bought one. It really has a dual personality of being a sedate cruiser that can hunker down and really carve shit up. Lots of nice, thoughtful features like the built in window shades and 90 degree opening doors. But it cost a shitton and had a comically small rear seat. This was the size the TL should had been (but with a larger rear seat). Acura fixed this by making the huge RLX, but ruined it by giving it FWD only unless you want to pony up $70k for the hybrid version (that is frankly, quite amazing). Unfortunately,m the RLX looks like a burger-fed version of a Chevy Cruz. As their last Japan-produced model, the RLX Hybrid is the sleeper to keep an eye on for used deals in a few years. The technology is a nod to the new NSX.

The RDX was cool but the turbo motor sucked gas worse than a V8. Cost too close to an MDX

MDX is still reigning champion of the MILF class that either has had enough of kraut car bullshit, or has not yet been able to afford a kraut car or lexus.

ZDX was just stupid as fuck.
>>
>>15902000
First Gen TSX 6MT with the RDX Turbo motor, and SH-AWD is the fantasy car that they never made.
>>
RSX is just an integra, yeah...but it's pretty gud, right? Fastish and funnish.
>>
>>15901979
Acura used to make fast, comfy cars that were a great value. Now they just dress up Honda cash cows with terrible sheet metal and useless electronics.
>>
>>15901979
My first car was an 02 TL Type-S. It was bigger, faster, more affordable, and more reliable than the 328i it was intended to compete against. It also had timeless styling.

Acura needs to get back to being the smart man's car brand.
>>
>>15902307
Two Acura dealers have informed me that over half of their sales come from people sick of MB/BMW/AUDI problems.

It sounds like the brand awareness and satisfaction is there. But they don't have the ability to compete except when exceptions are made.

Sad!
>>
File: image.jpg (147KB, 641x913px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
147KB, 641x913px
>>15901979
Cuck motor company
>>
Why do Amerfats consider Honda and Toyota "luxury" cars?
>>
>>15902805
We don't you retarded faggot. That's why "luxury" Hondas and Toyotas are called Acuras and Lexuses (Lexi?) here.
>>
>>15902843
And even then, Acura doesn't really come to mind when you poll the average burger on what "Luxury" brands there are.
You know, you'll hear BMW, Audi, Porche, Lexus...
Because while Honda just slapped the name Acura on some hondas when they were stateside, Toyota went A and B the C of D with overengineering their Lexus brand cars in the 90s, putting in the work to get that reputation.

Honda wishes it had the same success.
>>
>>15902805

Why do Europoors consider Skoda and Lada "luxury" cars?
>>
>>15903260
>Cadillac
>Buick
>Lincoln
>Chryslter

(((Luxury)))
>>
>>15901979
They fell for the eco meme while Lexus is BTFOing them hard.
>>
Nothing wrong with selling luxury Civics and Accords to Murrilards if they want to buy them
>>
They made the new Accord better equipped than a TLX.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.