[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Do the Koreans pose a threat? They have been striving to make

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

File: lineup.png (17KB, 420x187px) Image search: [Google]
lineup.png
17KB, 420x187px
Do the Koreans pose a threat?

They have been striving to make more reliable cheap cars than the Japanese and make more premium luxury cars than Europe while also being cheaper. Plus they don't have insane markups because of the brand.

Will they soon outclass everyone and control the market?
>>
>>15900423
I'm not sure, but man I see velosters everywhere nowadays.
>>
>>15900423
The only honest thing that's good about KIA is the standard 8 year 100k me warranty, and we wonder why..
>>
>>15900423
>Will they soon outclass everyone and control the market?
Only when their cars are reliable.
>>
>>15900423
they offer long warranties because the cars are unreliable and no one buy them otherwise.
they also generally have cheap shitty feeling interiors. if they can get over those problems, they could potentially be a serious contender.
>>
>>15900673
>>15900686

So far reliability studies put them equal with everyone else.
>>
>>15900700
>reliability studies put them equal with everyone else.
What is "everyone else"? A Lexus is very different than a Fiat.
>>
>>15900423

Nope because U.S companies are building better quality cars with good design

this wont be a repeat of what happened with JDMs market takeover in the past
>>
They still make shitty knockoffs of other brands

Koreans can't make anything original
>>
>>15900423
Had a 2009 sonata and loved the piss out of it. It was a good car but I can confirm the cheap shitty interior. It's overall cheap, even the exterior.

7 years later I recently gave in and bought the wife a 2016 tuscon with the 1.6 turbo. Over I'm impressed, the DCT kinda sucked before I got the transmission software update it lagged alot at stop lights.

7 years ago you didn't see a shit ton of hyundai but now they are everywhere.
>>
>>15901314
>Americans are building better cars
Were did you hear this bullshit
>>
Once the mainstream takes the Korean brands seriously, they'll try to move upmarket and be in the same boat as everyone else with another fleet of nearly identical vehicles.

Right now they're still a pretty good value. There's really no reason not to buy Korean if you're looking for a basic transportation appliance.
>>
File: 1474680159032.jpg (7KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
1474680159032.jpg
7KB, 200x200px
my Hyundai tucson from 2008 has almost 100K miles on it and has had almost nothing replaced but the breaks on it

no, not even the spark plugs.

it still werks
>>
>>15901767
>100k miles
I bet you get lose your breath from a brisk walk
>>
>>15901856

it was my moms car before it was mine, silly anon.

seriously though these fucking korean cars man they work forever, its fucking scary.
>>
>>15901861
100k miles isn't much, though.
>>
>>15901870
for working 100% fine without having replaced a single thing on it other than the breaks? i would say that's pretty good
>>
>>15900697
They used to have fiat-teir quality and reliability, that's why they introduced the extended warranties and very cheap prices. Now they still have those, but their quality and engineering is now considerably better, on par with the lesser Japanese brands.
>>
>buddy's kia had the engine just grenade itself at like 40k miles
>said fuck that shit and bought a lexus

lel koreans
>>
I had a beater 2002 Kia Spectra. It was terrible and parts literally feel off of it. But the 2015 Hyundai Sonata I had as a rental for ~800 miles wasnt bad. Not my type of car but I enjoyed it and people thought it was "fancy".

Korean cars have defiantly stepped it up. I considered buying one but I wanted at hatch and liked the Fit better.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.