[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Do these self car washes strip all your car's wax?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

File: ks-ss-full-side-lg.jpg (108KB, 768x576px) Image search: [Google]
ks-ss-full-side-lg.jpg
108KB, 768x576px
Do these self car washes strip all your car's wax?
>>
Only if you use the brush and sponge that isn't the one you brought with you
>>
Don't hold the nozzle closer that 12" from the paint.
>>
>>15896665
Can the high pressure damage paint?
>>
>>15896618
>Do these self car washes strip all your car's wax?
If you use them they will strip the wax off. I have used them with various wax products ranging from meguiar's gold class, meguiar's next, and turtle wax ice. That's not to say it is harsh because even Meguiar's Gold Class car wash shampoo strips off the gold class wax. I have used these meguiar's wax products for over 10 years now and the experience is consistent.

You have not put any caveats with how you will use the information. Thus, you can draw the wrong conclusion if you also assume that a self car wash removes all the silicon oil residue. In my opinion, it does not. If you are repainting and need all silicon oils off, you probably should wash your, then take it to a commercial non-scratching car wash, then follow up with a simple rinse off at home followed by a distilled water rinse which could use as little as half a gallon if you used one of those pump sprayers. The distilled water prevents water spots in case parts of the car dry off before you can dry it with the MF towel.

>>15896712
>Can the high pressure damage paint?
Don't know the pressures in your area, but my local ones have never pulled the paint off despite hitting little paint chip holes. But I also don't get closer than 2 feet away with a pressure spray. If you use a home pressure washer, those have a much higher pressure than the self car wash pressure sprayers.
>>
File: T-blade squeegee.jpg (12KB, 282x300px) Image search: [Google]
T-blade squeegee.jpg
12KB, 282x300px
>>15896618
Yes and No are both correct answers to your question the way you asked it.
>>
Just use dishwasher soap if you want to remove your wax.
>>
>>15896916
wtf now I want to cover myself in lube and squeegee it all off with that thing
>>
>>15896924
i ask because i'd like to wash my car and keep my waxes
>>
>>15896712
Nope, some self washes are cheap bastards and lower the pressure to cut costs but charge you more.
>local self wash only takes $2 coins
>pressure a shit
>have to go to another self wash that takes any kind of coins and doesn't jew the shit outta me
>>
>>15896948
They should be using car suited soap but I like to wax my car after washing in the parking lot just to be sure
>>
>>15896948
>i ask because i'd like to wash my car and keep my waxes

I've never been able to keep the slippery wax feel on my car after using the two bucket system and meguiar's gold class car wash shampoo. The label says it allows wax to stay on. Yeah, maybe 1/100 of the "before" case wax. So I just re-wax the car after a wash.

A car wash is not all that great if there isn't any touching with a wash mitt. That's because those damn sap balls remain if all you do is spray on soapy suds and rinse off. Removing sap always requires some form of touching unless you are using really high pressure.

Instead of worrying about removing wax, find one that is easy to apply and remove quickly. Those are probably the full synthetic waxes such as Megiuar's Ultimate Wax or Turtle Wax ICE. Both are easy to apply and easy to take off. Removal is NOT tedious because they don't leave that white residue and don't stain trim.

>>15896962
>some self washes are cheap bastards and lower the pressure to cut costs
Self serve washes are $1 per minute here and its $3 minimum per load. So a wash is $4 to prewash, soap wash, and then suds up. Now laboriously use mitt to rub the suds around. Now put in another $3 to get rinse water because there is no water faucet since the place wants to sell everything dearly. And never let the gritty hose touch your car or the sand on it scratches. It's way better to wash the car at home without fear of scratches at $1 per minute.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.