[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

budget autobahn cruiser

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: c200k.jpg (6KB, 285x177px) Image search: [Google]
c200k.jpg
6KB, 285x177px
so.. i had a saab 9-5 hot aero and blew the main bearings and its not worth fixing and beyond my skill atm (just did my first ever head gasket on my uaz452). it gave 38mpg on autogas lpg @260bhp, fwd, felt nice. needed a car for regular runs from UK to bulgaria, which i do non stop. so i get this merc c200k with a 100 litre autogas tank which gives autogas/gas combined range of over 1000 miles. im lucky to get 35mpg @160 pissy horses, plus it feels like a shit bus compared to the saab, and dont like rwd. its not even fun to drift with esp turned off.
so i want a fun car to add to my personal scrapheap of odd vehicles that will do respectable bahn speeds 150 mph+ and give good economy with normal driving. i used to have the audi 200t years ago and trashed it, not realising its a collectors car that mods to over 1500bhp. gutted when i saw on on fleabay for over £10 grand. that got me from uk to africa in 22 hours and felt good. my budgets up to £1500.
give me suggestions /o/!
>>
ps, already have uaz, mz175, nissan rat micra, whats left of the saab, and the shit c200 parked outside on the street, making the village look good
>>
Small BMW diesel.
>>
cheers anon but diesel is getting pricy now and i can buy autogas @ 25-30 euro cents a litre in europe rather than 1-2 euros for petrol/diesel. got to be a petrol engine with lpg.
>>
>>15894614
Keep the saab and pay someone to put a new engine in.
>>
>>15894614
Hello fellow britbong.
I recently bought a 3.0 v6 awd Xtype jag
I paid £900 and its a great long distance cruiser. It has a ford duratec engine so the reliability is good.
>>
yeah a jag might be on the cards. they often have top end lpg systems, but the x is a bit cramped for a long journey. i used to have an xj6 and a sov and both were the tits.

saab engines are like 800 on ebay and might still be shit, plus a whole 9-5t is only 500.

jag is the winner so far and might even be able to find a v12. parts are not easy to find in bulgaria, which is where i spend most time but wtf. i know i could strip an old jag engine with basic tools too.
>>
>>15894614
>regular runs from UK to bulgaria
>uk to africa in 22 hours
Are you a drug dealer?
>>
not since last week. why what you after?
>>
>>15894852
x-mondeo is a cramped piece of trash
>>
x aint no real jag. makes me feel like clarkson only cos the top of my head touches the roof. im not even 6ft
>>
/o have any reasonable opinions on how many cylinders affect economy?
>>
4 6 8 or 12
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.