[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Parking tickets

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

File: parking_ticket.jpg (21KB, 385x261px) Image search: [Google]
parking_ticket.jpg
21KB, 385x261px
Any tips on fighting parking tickets in ontario canada?

It costs $18 a day to park at my school so I've been parking in the suburbs and walking over. But now I'm starting to get $30 tickets for parking for more than 3 hours on the street. Is there any way around these tickets? I HAVE been parking longer than three hours, but there is no way for them to prove that is there?
>>
>>15894119
Park elsewhere for a while. People get touchy when you take a parking space, even if it isn't theirs. Don't be afraid to walk a bit if necessary. Either that or pay for a parking pass and quit being a cheap bastard.
>>
>>15894135
>cheap bastard
>18$/day
>almost 400$/mo
I could take a loan out for a new mustang GT for the price he has to pay to park. Even if it is maplebux
>>
>>15894135
>$400 a month for a fucking parking spot
>quit being a cheap bastard
>>
>>15894119
Park for one ish hour, walk back and remove parking chalk, repeat as necessary

Another fun game is to make your own chalk bag and go mark a bunch of cars with 4 hour old marks
>>
>>15894142
>>15894143
>400 a month
Well shit. Rotate parking spots I guess.
>>
Wow, the only payment option is $18/day?

I feel bad for you, Anon; that's fucking insane.

It's like $60/semester for my school.

Is biking even an option?
>>
Also, if they're ticketing you, then they probably have evidence.

They might take timestamped pictures of your parked car, write down your license plate, or something else and return 3 hours later. I don't recommend trying to fight the ticket. Probably a waste of time and effort.
>>
>>15894178
They do have $300/semester parking passes, but there is a huge waiting list so it is impossible for me to get one. Biking would probably be around 90 minutes, the bus route is complete shit and would take 2 hours to commute.

The campus parking is a private company, so my plan B is to just park at school anyways and collect tickets since they don't actually have any authority.
>>
>>15894221
Until they tow/impound you. I'd look into cycling or hunting hard for a place to park that isn't run by a bunch of fucking jews.
>>
>>15894221
Is there a park near your school? I was in the same situation until I just Google mapped the area, parking is free, no one can do fuck all about it. Canadian schools fuck you in the ass with parking prices, it's stupid.
>>
File: judaism intensifies.gif (212KB, 501x585px) Image search: [Google]
judaism intensifies.gif
212KB, 501x585px
>>15894244
>Wait why the fuck does it cost so much?
>pic related
>>
>>15894119
Find somebody that'll let you park in their driveway. They won't mind the $20 per month you give em.
>>
Had the same issue in college.

Things you can do to circumvent getting tickets:

Wiping chalk off tires,
Rolling vehicle so tire chalk is moved
Switching spots with a friend
parking elsewhere
>>
>>15894191
>They might take timestamped pictures of your parked car, write down your license plate, or something else and return 3 hours later.
Not possible, they would have to do that for every car. They just mark them with chalk.

Fight the ticket and tell them you will refuse to pay and are willing to serve jail time that will cost more than the ticket.
>>
>>15894119
>It costs $18 a day to park at my school
Get a bicycle. Put bike in car. Get quick release front hubs so you can fit the bike into the trunk and reassemble it with the front wheel after you take it out. Park FARTHER away and pick a new parking spot each day. Finish the last half mile to school on the bike. Hope it doesn't rain or snow.

When I went to university, that is what many people did. Farther away, the neighborhoods were unable to request restrictions against strangers parking in front of their houses (parking relief).
>>
>>15894704
>not getting a wagon and fitting the bike entirely
>>
File: racequeen_orindo.jpg (148KB, 720x1080px) Image search: [Google]
racequeen_orindo.jpg
148KB, 720x1080px
>>15894119
>Is there any way around these tickets?

THINK OUTSIDE THE BOX.

Find a homeowner there that will "sell" you permission to park in front of their house for $100 per month.

Drive around looking for houses that sell parking spaces ON their private property. Some houses do that to make extra money. At my school, such parking is $300 per month and they'd have as many as five cars parked in their front yard and driveway. The homeowner would park his own car in the street (because he has a homeowner sticker) in order to free up his driveway space to park more cars.

Look on the student union bulletin board and school newspaper ads secton in case there are parking space advertisements.
>>
>>15894296
this
there are multiple online sites like this in the UK
I used it for a while when I had to go to another campus
>>
>>15894489
>They'd have to do that with every car
Wouldn't they hire minimum wage drones to do so? At my school I see "public safety" employees trolling around the parking lots all day.

Also on what grounds would one fight that ticket?
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.