[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What cars reuse significant components from much cheaper cars?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

I've heard that the Jeep Grand Cherokee uses the chassis off a subcompact car.

I've also heard that Rolls Royce uses the chassis of a 7 series BMW.

These these true? What are other examples of cars using parts from cheaper vehicles?
>>
>>15891790
Rolls Royce uses the 7 series platform due to the fact that BMW owns RR
>>
>>15891790
>What cars reuse significant components from much cheaper cars?

Most of them.
>>
>>15891790
Pretty much every luxury brand uses some parts from cheaper cars.
>>
The Grand Cherokee is built off the Mercedes ML-class platform back when MB owned Chrysler.

Idk where you heard it uses the chassis of a subcompact car. I think you are thinking of the Jeep Cherokee which is based off the Dodge Dart/Chrysler 200 which was a bad idea imo.

Audi has a history of using VW vehicles and just throwing on new body panels such as the VW golf and Audi A3.
>>
Some car from Pagani. Someone knows what I'm talking about. I'm lazy to post the pic.
>>
>>15891790
>I've heard that the [Whatever Crossover] uses the chassis off a subcompact car.
>companies reusing cheap stuff

it's called Europe.
>>
Audi a3 is a Skoda Octavia with a body kit
>>
Lexus uses parts from toyota D:
>>
>>15892231
more like a vw golf actually... or was it a seat leon... fugg
>>
Brand new Chrysler 300 still uses the chassis from the '90s E-Class that you can buy for a thousand bucks nowadays.
>>
I've heard op was a useless leech that couldn't even do basic internet searches
>These these true?
>>
>>15892231
The Audi A3 uses the Golf's platform.
>>
>>15892231
Both based on the golf platform, but have driven both, their tuning are really different tho, A3 is a much better car
>>
>>15891790
Everybody. Even million dollar supercars use shit from the parts bins of bigger companies because it would cost way too much to engineer and build unreliable parts for 500 cars. There was some 90s or 00 supercar that used headlights off a VW I think. There was a pic that has been posted a bunch of times.

But no, the Grand Cherokee isn't build on a subcompact platforn. Lots of CUVs are though. I think the new BMW X1 is built on the 2-series platform.

>>15892365
If it aint broke, don't fix it.

And you guys act like it is still body on frame like back in the day, but you can't go buy an old E-Class shell and just drop some Chrysler body panels on it.
>>
File: IMG_0062.png (532KB, 640x1136px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0062.png
532KB, 640x1136px
>>15892386
>>15891790
http://www.evo.co.uk/features/15957/evo-s-supercar-secrets-hidden-details-you-might-not-know
>>
>>15892367
Kek. Look at the post time. Its was nearly 3am.
>>
>>15892392
>having a problem with knobs

fucking plebs
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.