[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

car de-odorizers?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

File: carsmoke.png (141KB, 400x266px) Image search: [Google]
carsmoke.png
141KB, 400x266px
So my brother picked up a 2008 Honda Accord in 2013 from the dealer, apparently they had some sort of de-odorization before they sold it because days later it smelled like smoke (apparently because the prior owner was the type of moron who chain smoked in the car with the vehicles down and enjoyed smelling like an ash tray). We've used pretty much every type of scented shit (including black ice, yes we fell for that one) and it just puts some cover on the smell, the moment it dissipates/disappears the smoke smell returns with a vengeance.

Are there any effective odor neutralization/elimination solutions, or is he just fucked?
>>
>>15887709
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N9Awl24lcL0

try one of these yet?
>>
File: 1421783637131.jpg (152KB, 1023x759px) Image search: [Google]
1421783637131.jpg
152KB, 1023x759px
It's a pain in the ass but what I have done is load up on those slide in a/c air fresheners and get a spray can of febreeze or something. it's a temporary fix but you can overpower the smoke stink with chemical. I noticed it's worst when parked in direct sunlight.

if you can remove seats and shit do it. give the car a thorough cleaning. Ammonyc detailer guy on youtube makes a good video. he uses a steam cleaner on the headliner, floor and some chemical he makes then uses some machine that looks like noo-noo from teletubbies

I'm going to use an apholstery cleaner and my steamer for shirts, and a fuck load of ozmium to try and get some similar results
>>
Try and borrow an ozone generator. Put that in, switch it and the aircon on, leave it in for a few hours. Afterwards, ventilate the car really well (will smell of ozone for a while afterwards). That should get rid of the smoke smell
>>
>>15887709
Take everything fabric out clean it thoroughly and put it back in. How could you not smell the smoke. It's so easy to tell when it's being covered up.
>>
>including black ice, yes we fell for that one
Talking shit about god tier black ice and want help... GTFO
>>
>>15887709
Ozium

/thread
>>
>>15887709
Scrub every plastic piece you can reach or remove, check and replace cabin air filter (behind glove box), shampoo the carpet and seats thoroughly. Remove everything you can between the center console and dash board to scrub them, and then vacuum and scrub underneath it.
>>
Look online for something called "Fire D". It's used for removing fire smells. Smells like bubblegum, but that smell will go away after a long while. It'll kill any odor, anywhere. We use them in our apartments when people move out to remove the smoker smell after we paint and put new carpet and flooring. That shit will still stink up the place, so we turn the AC fan on and place one right under it to get the smell out. It seriously works awesomely. Haven't tried it in a car yet, but the product description says you can use it in a car. Just set it off and let it sit all night, then crack your windows in the morning for the whole day. It should be ready by the next day.
>>
Ozium. I'd hose it down a couple of times- get it on the fabric.
>>
Also, if you are so inclined, open up the climate control and clean it of any dust you find. It will look and smell nasty but it will get rid of the smoke smell while using your AC/heater.

>inb4 ew using your AC or heater maymay.
>>
>>15887709
Ozium as other anons have suggested.
Just outta curiosity tho, what's your big deal with the PO being a smoker?
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.