[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Trusted Automechanics

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

File: Garage.jpg (216KB, 1278x587px) Image search: [Google]
Garage.jpg
216KB, 1278x587px
Do you have a favorite trusted garage where you have your car worked on?
>>
File: my baby.jpg (148KB, 500x333px) Image search: [Google]
my baby.jpg
148KB, 500x333px
>>15884863

im get my truck werked on at woll mart
>>
>>15884863
Every one has wound up fucking me over sooner or later
>>
Myself
>>
>>15884907
damn that hits home, found an indie who I was finally happy with, dude knew his shit and did everything how I wanted it

>be last week
>car starts running like dogshit and throws a code
>have been meaning to replace front o2 sensor as its been running a little weird lately, o2 replacement at my mileage is a well known solution
>read it, cyl. 2 misfire
>fuck.jpg
>misfire on bugeye WRX can be caused by fucking anything and everything
>shoot him a text, "hey is there any chance you could take a look at my car today? here's whats wrong etc etc"
>no response
>hung up when I tried calling
>hung up when I called again next day
>don't trust other garages with my pristine whip as they always manage to fuck shit up

Fucked around with the plug wires and dielectric greased contacts, reset ECU, no code for a few days, still running a bit weird

Ordered NGK plugs and wires, hopefully a replacement will fix the problem, glad I get to do some wrenching at least

changing plugs on a turbo flat four counts as wrenching no lie

/blog
>>
>>15885557
Same. I don't fucking trust other mechanics, especially not MOTHER FUCKING APPRENTICES touching my car.

Even if it is a shitty 4banger hatchback.
>>
>>15884907
Same.
I bought my Miata from a friend of a friend, and I met this pretty cool stoner mechanic through him. I asked if I could bring the Miata back to him for all the repairs since they've been working on it for years and know what they're doing. Asked him how much he charged per hour, and he said 125 fuckin dollars. At the time I thought that was expensive, but it was my first car so I figured that was just what a good mechanic charged.
Well come a couple months later I wrecked the Miata and it needed a control arm replaced. He says he'll do it for 100 an hour and it'll be 350$ for everything. Well I tell him to hold on and not to do anything because I'm not sure if I'm gonna keep the car or just sell it as is since I was hurting for cash. 4 hours later he sends me a message saying there was some other stuff that needed replacing and the new total was 475$. I send him a message telling him not to do anything because I found someone else who will do it for half the price. I tell him I'll buy the parts off him and take it somewhere else.
4 hours later
> Well it's kinda too late, it's already done.

It pisses me off because he was a pretty cool guy, and he did some free work on my car when I was having troubles doing it myself. Even came out to Oreillys, way out of his way, to help me get the car moving again when I tore the thing apart in the parking lot trying to replace the wheel bearings and managed to fuck up the dust shield to where the brakes wouldn't go back on.
Ended up paying him the original 350$, getting my car back and then never talking to him again.
>>
It's an old guy with a very discreet and hidden small garage in a tucked away alley of my town. He doesn't charge much, never fucks up (if he does he makes sure to right it by redoing it or throwing in a free next service etc), always does good work, is polite and good mannered but not overly friendly, doesn't try to jew anyone out of their shekels, loves old jaguars.

Basically a good cunt who does his job well, and enjoys even the slowest of cars because of their charm.
>>
I do. They do good work, good prices. But I'm still weary of them person to person. Might be, because I suck at interpersonal interaction, though.
>>
>>15884863
Yeah. There is one guy close to me who works at audi dealership. If i go to him after the work ill pay 20% of what id have to pay if i drove my car directly to dealership. Its massive rip off since he would be the one doing the work anyway and parts are the same.
>>
I have a local tire shop where I know the managers, and an exhaust shop where they're super nice and usually the cheapest. Anything I can diy I just do. Alignment I'll just go for whoever has the best ratings

I used to trust a local place for my mom's oil changes but they rounded the oil pan bolt and lied about it
>>
>>15884863
>Connecticut

Hello fellow CT brah
>>
>>15884863
Yeah. I'm in an auto shop class, and the instructor lets us bring our cars in. That way I don't have to buy expensive tools, there's a master mechanic there if I need help, and I'm the one working on the car.
>>
>>15884863
Yes. There's one just down the road. Expensive, but they do good work and don't try and scam you for random shit.
It's an authentic mechanic shop; cluttered with cars, grease coating surfaces, everyone's working class as fuck, the car park is in awful shape and littered with half-dismantled vehicles with the occasional heavily custom job around, and half the vehicles being worked on at any time are expensive luxury cars, with the rest being cheap shitbox hatchbacks.
No dealership crap, no 'service plan', they just service and maintain cars.
The owner is familiar with all of the local Aston Martins, and knows the guy that collects Ferraris.
The area's posh as fuck.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.