[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why are 2002ish eclipse GT so cheap? Is there something wrong

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

File: 2002-Mitsubishi-Eclipse_17407.jpg (204KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
2002-Mitsubishi-Eclipse_17407.jpg
204KB, 1024x768px
Why are 2002ish eclipse GT so cheap? Is there something wrong with the cars themselves or a major component that fails?

I love the look and the cheap prices interest me.
>>
If you like the way they look you have far bigger problems than buying an early 2000s mitsu.
>>
no one likes them outisde of teenaged girls so theyre all usually abused

theyre not known for being reliable either
>>
>>15882386
Tell me what looks good in your opinion that's cheapish senpai.

>>15882388
TFW never saw any girl driving one.
>>
>>15882370
Unreliable, shitty interior, ugly, slow, fwd, handle like shit, fall apart, don't take to mods, driven by teenage girls in early 2000, people who do mod them end up looking fucking retarded because they will always be shit cars.
That's about why
>>
>>15882395
>TFW never saw any girl driving one.

I never seen a guy driving one that wasnt a little fruity or a ricer
>>
>>15882370
they're mitsu's "sporty/econobox" counterpart to cars like the civic, corolla, neon. Unless you get the v6 you're not going to be going very fast. Reliability is average, interior is meh, aftermarket is meh.

For an A to B car, it's ok. More than anything though, it's just forgettable. If you really like it, don't let /o/ stop you from getting it.
>>
>>15882395

a gsm instead
>>
File: part0_5.jpg (516KB, 2048x1152px) Image search: [Google]
part0_5.jpg
516KB, 2048x1152px
I own 2. The styling , like every car, is to your taste. I think they look fantastic and I like that they came with a v6 option.

If you're trying to just have a car you enjoy to cruise around in this works just fine. If you're trying to make power, get a 6g75 and swap it. It uses the same mounts and they supercharge quite well. Turbo is a bigger challenge but if you check the club3g and club4g forums you'll get all the info you need. You can make them awd even.
>>
>>15882370
>why is a 14 year old japanese econobox cheap
>>
>>15882386
But they look good. They're the only good-looking Eclipse.
>>
>>15882634
The one I was looking at is the v6.

Are there any major things to look at for damage.
>>
>>15882476
I agree with this. And owners often neglect them from my experience, which is why many of them sell cheap with issues.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.