[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

AC Compressor bogs down engine

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

File: compressor.jpg (90KB, 1109x832px) Image search: [Google]
compressor.jpg
90KB, 1109x832px
When I hit the AC button when the car is stopped and idling the compressor clicks on and seriously bogs down the engine. The idle goes way down (~400-500rpm, normally ~700). It triggers a P0505 CEL ( IACV ) I took off the belt and spun the pulley with the clutch off and its fine (no real play, free spinning). I turn on the clutch and its kind of tough to turn, sometimes there is more difficulty, sometimes less. How hard is a compressor pulley on a charged system (assume the pressures are equalized) supposed to turn?
>>
-do i buy a used one?
-do i buy a reman one?
-what else do i need - dessicant? condenser? TXV?
>>
>>15877362
Guess what genius? When your compressor turns on, something tells the ecu to increase rpm. If you're getting a iacv code, I'd say that's the problem. Buy oem, always.
>>
The air conditioner uses energy from your engine to work. Learn physics.
>>
It's throwing an iacv code. The valve might be stuck in one position. If you're keen you'll notice that your idle drops when you turn back and forth
>>
>>15877633
already replaced it with new one. old one had lots of carbon. also cleaned out egr passages. CEL is only triggered with AC
>>
>>15877666
What car is it?
>>
Some moofmilker installed one on my ignition line when I took my vehicle in for a new panel, and now I have to rebuild my fucking hyperdrive.
>>
>>15877362
What car
>>
IACV can be clogged and not throw codes.
Take it off and clean it.
>>
>>15877362
>The idle goes way down (~400-500rpm, normally ~700). It triggers a P0505 CEL ( IACV ) I took off the belt and spun the pulley with the clutch off and its fine (no real play, free spinning).

Check to make sure it's actually opening and closing. Sounds like when you activate the compressor, the IACV isn't opening as it should. That's why you see the drop because the compressor is drawing power, but the IACV can't make up for it at idle.

Check vac lines and connections while you're at it as well.
>>
My M3 has done the same thing for 5 years Ive had it.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.