[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What happened here?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 4

File: P9131118.jpg (161KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
P9131118.jpg
161KB, 1024x768px
What happened here?
>>
OP's faggotry
>>
>>15875317
Looks like an sti motor I currently have at work
>>
>>15875317
>subaru
fragile engine design built to the lowest cost.
The R&D team didn't leave any real performance available on the stock components.
And most aftermarket tuning companies are fucking clueless.

The Pic in the OP is probably a result of poor aftermarket mapping.
Likely the "tuner" didn't heat soak the engine properly and as a result set the ignition too advance. On a long pull 5th gear pull or on track everything gets up to a real working temperature.
Result: Engine knocking it's tits off.
>>
What happens when you cheap-out on your tune.
>>
>>15875317

>Subarus

Kek. Serves those Vape faggots right.
>>
>>15875317
Shitbaru pops a headgasket lel
You're going to want to stick with proven Toyota, Ford and Hyundai/Kia and avoid undependable GM, Honda, Subaru for sure.
>>
>>15875600
You literally just posted this word for word in another thread. Step it up.
>>
File: image.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
>>15875600
>undependable Honda
Nigger what are you lying
>>
>Increase boost
>Add timing
>Don't increase fuel
>????
>BOOM
>>
>>15875956
>Open deck block
>increase boost past stock manufacturer levels
????
BOOM

How many closed deck EJ20(STi ver) blow headgaskets compared to open deck(WRX and lesser)?
I'd say less than 5%
>>
>>15875983
meant to reply to >>15875600
>>
>>15875317
Subaru with a tune. Nothing out of the ordinary.
>>
>>15875317
Someone apparently didn't pray the gay away
>>
>>15875317
high cylinder pressure and too tight a ring gap? You can over heat the cylinder causing the ring to over expand and gap to close. When this happens the piston binds in the bore and the ring land breaks, the piston shatters or the small end of the rod or piston pin breaks. it wasn't detonation you can tell by what's left of the remaining piston. this is really common on nitrous motors and why n2o has the reputation for blowing up engines.
>>
>>15875439

how do you run an engine out of timing until it explodes tho? dont people notice funny sounds?

man boxers are shit. almost worse than rotaries
>>
>>15875317
A second-tier car company produced am unusual engine configuration as a marketing gimmick.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.