[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Having to replace a cv axle, 2 lower ball joints and 2 struts.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

File: 1474346838635.jpg (25KB, 500x353px) Image search: [Google]
1474346838635.jpg
25KB, 500x353px
Having to replace a cv axle, 2 lower ball joints and 2 struts.

Its on a 95 and the previous owner let it go to shit, im talking nuts with layers of black gunk, rust, and a couple of them are probably stripped even.

I dont have an air drive or an impact wrench, how the fuck am i gonna get this off. Only have access to pretty basic tools that could actually do the job but its being made fiddicult for me, what can i do for stuck or stripped nuts/bolts???

Pls respond
>>
>stuck
breaker bar

>stripped
grinder
>>
Buy a $30 impact driver from harbor freight
>>
>>15864953

Googling it right now thankyou
>>
>>15864978
>buy a $30 impact driver
Don't forget the $40 sockets, oh and the $250 tank big enough to actually run it at any decent torque.
>>
File: 1473332229602.png (94KB, 540x540px) Image search: [Google]
1473332229602.png
94KB, 540x540px
Different anon, Anyone have any suggestions for getting a ball joint out of the spindle? I'm doing the whole control arm and balljoint together and have everything out except for the joint.

I have a pickle fork but no matter how much I seem to hammer it I can't get it any further. I guess I could get a press but I'll need to take the axle out to get it in place.

Any other suggestions?
>>
>>15865043
>Not buying cheap Chicago Electric
>Not buying an adaptor to use your own sockets
>>
>>15864949
Pay a professional. This type of work is not fun.
>>
>>15865051
Why are you trying to take the bj out if you are replacing the whole control arm?
>>
>>15865196
Is this a real question? I have a bad ball joint.
>>
What kind of 95 are you working on fuckface?
>>
>>15865206
>replace control arm
>ball joint already pressed in and the bushings get done too while it's apart.
It's a win win
>>
>>15865356

That's why I'm doing the control arm, it cam with a new balljoint already in place (pressed in) it's riveted in.

And I can't get the old one out of the spindle for shit. It's just stuck in there, moves maybe 1/5th of an inch up and down but that's it.

My pickle fork didn't help for shit. And I think if I wanted to use a press tool I'd have to take the CV axle out to do it.
>>
>>15865350

Its a 3000gt faggot ass

Im probably just gonna use a pipe to get it off
>>
>>15865371
Buy a good electric impact and use pb blaster. Or just button it back up and take it to a professional. Stop being a poorfag.
>>
File: 1471447121326.jpg (66KB, 350x760px) Image search: [Google]
1471447121326.jpg
66KB, 350x760px
>>15865413
>an electric impact
Impact wrench is worthless for what I'm doing, all the bolts are off. The fucking balljoint is stuck in the spindle.

Your dumb ass clearly has no clue what I'm talking about.
>>
Heat or air hammer or both.
>>
>>15865426
Oh, hit that shit with a hammer. The shock will break it loose. Put the nut back on so it doesn't flop everywhere.
>>
>>15865452
That's what I've been doing but it doesn't seem to be enough. I might just get a second pickle fork for the extra gap.
>>
>>15864949

I only know CV axles, but I'll tell you what mine took. I used an impact wrench for the axle nut, but you can just use a breaker bar. It will probably be a pin in the ass though. Most likely 30mm socket for that. Bolts on mine were fucking tough but they came off, if it's stripped idk what to tell you. A lot of the bolts that need to get taken off on the wheel hub and caliper and shit aren't in ideal locations for drilling out or grinding. Just soak the motherfucker in wd40 or breakfree or something for a week before messing with it. After that the axle just pops out and the new one pops in. Hardest thing is getting the nuts and bolts off.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.