[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Z750

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

File: 2009-z750.jpg (58KB, 750x500px) Image search: [Google]
2009-z750.jpg
58KB, 750x500px
Newb here, got my licence few months ago, after my 10yrs car driving experience. Was thinking on getting Yamaha FZ-07 (MT), but since I'm 188cm (6'2) it looked so damn small under me. Also, talking with my biker cousin, he's sceptical on twins and their engine braking, he's certain that lower low band power and softer engine braking in inline fours are better for beginners, so he recommends me something like Kawasaki Z750. I think I'm cautious driver, never get into any trouble or accidents, don't really drive fast and I'm not into fast driving. Saying that, what do you guys think of this bike for me as a beginner? Also, any known major issues with this bike?
>>
I certainly wouldn't recommend anything less than 100hp to a beginner. The safest bike is one you enjoy enough to pay attention to.
>>
>>15855590
Can't figure out if you're sarcastic or what?
Z750 is just over 100hp, although I don't think I'll use all that power for quite some time.. it's shit cause I fucking enjoyed riding in driving school, but now I freaked myself out and am thinking why do I need all this.. well I bought bunch of gear so I guess I'll have to push trough my fears.. and fucking stop watching bike accidents on yt..
>>
>>15855571
Only time it's worthwhile to get a 'big' bike as a beginner is if you are going to be riding on the freeway for a long time and want power, heft, and a fairing.

>it looked so damn small under me
small is good
when you drop it the first time or any time you come to a stop and have to balance it while taking off as a beginner

>engine braking
Why would you care about this?
>>
>>15855571
Get a Fireblade you faggot
>>
>>15855625
Not OP, but what bike would be decnet for a 50 mile commute on the free way? I have some riding experience but havent had a bike in years
>>
>>15855625
What do you mean why I care about engine braking? Don't you ever ease of the throttle without pulling the clutch in? I mean, if I misjudge a turn I'm in, I'm probably going to let the throttle off not slam on the brakes..
>>
>>15855625
Oh yeah, and this bike is not much bigger then Yamaha, heavier yes, but I'm still gonna look silly on it..
>>
>>15855650
You sounds like a whiney bitch, go ride bikes, anyone you know who has one ask if you can ride it around the block or take it to the store, get a feel for what you like about diffrent bikes then buy know. Dont as a Peruvian cartoon website about bikes theyve never riden
>>
>>15855644
see
>>10361928
>>750cc or less and 2cyl
Getting a bike with a short rake and thinner handlebars helps with lanesplitting

>>15855650
That's just a factor of your riding skill and how well you know the road, not so much a quality of the bike.
>misjudge a corner
Don't do this?
>>
>>15855672
Thanks for that post, very sound reasoning in there..
So far I've ridden some type of Suzuki 250cc twin, Yamaha xj600 on what I've got my licence on, Kawasaki kle 500 that I didn't really like style of (I guess the same way would be for the sv650), test drive on fz-07. Planning on trying out z750 in the next few days.. the reason I'm asking all this is to get response how smart this is, am I delusional in thinking I would get trough it by being careful, or should I just buy a chink 250 twin and do all the possible mistakes and falls on that..
>>
>>15855571
Who the fuck buys a bike based on engine braking? That is the dumbest shit I have ever heard.

Twins are fine for beginners. They are more engaging and predictable. The biggest reason I regret my inline four is because I don't do any significant track or highway riding and I don't have the room to rev my shit up to 14k for peak power.

A torquey twin will be much more fun to ride around for commuting purposes.

Just get a SV650. Put some taller tires on it if you want extra ride height. Most bikes are made for manlets. The only alternative is a tall adventure bike which isn't very inspiring (KLR or something)
>>
>>15855797
It's not solely engine braking, is also low end torque, size, overall build quality of the said fz-06.. I've looked into sv650, there's 0 used ones in my country, I guess it's not that popular here..
So you're saying inline fours are not fit for commuting and occasional longer trips?
>>
>>15855816
Inline fours are for racing and going fast. Most 600cc supersports need to be at 13,500 RPM for peak torque. A medium displacement twin like the SV650 generates the same torque at right around 6,000 RPM. Torque is what gives you that "whoah" feeling so it's more fun and engaging for commuting/city traffic.
>>
>>15856206
It's not really super sport but naked style, so it's 106hp@10500rpm, but I get what you mean.. eh I don't know what to do now.. great!
>>
>>15856206
Fuck off. i4s are smooth and powerful, exactly what you would want for long trips and commutes.
Granted a 600cc Supersport sucks for that but that is largely because of very tall gearing and uncomfortable ergos.
>>
>>15856206
I daily a 600cc i4. It's great on fuel, tractable and responsive enough to avoid idiots. Fuck off nobike scum
>>
wr 125
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.