[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do I into RWD?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

File: saab-900-07[1].jpg (59KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
saab-900-07[1].jpg
59KB, 1600x1200px
FWD fag here.

I've had a few good handling FWD cars (Subjective, sure) before.

But I've only had FWD cars, so I want to expand my fun.

I'm extremely used to and know how to handle them, but I would really like my next car to be RWD, even if it is just a meme.

Any advice for someone who doesn't want to be that faggot who oversteers into a tree?

Also considering getting something AWD, friends subaru has served pretty well, even though it is the stereotypical lesbian 2.5 head gasket destroyer.

I do have a private road about 0.7 miles long to dick around on without fear of injuring another person, fully of ditches and winding turns.
>>
>>15854867
do you own a saab 900?
i think they can be converted to rwd if you really want to make that work.
t. saabfag
>>
>>15854867
Skip the cuck rwd. Just buy a wrx or sti if you have the money.
>>
>>15854867
where do you live? if you're in the north third of the US, AWD becomes the clear choice.
>>
File: IMG_0385.jpg (97KB, 720x480px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0385.jpg
97KB, 720x480px
>>15854941

I own two, 1986 SPG and a 1993 2.1 n/a.

I've seen a very small number converted to RWD and AWD, but I would like to get familiar with RWD just so I can experience it.

Actually looking for an old 70's Saab 99 as a project car.

>>15854953

Washington. Shit weather and snow soon.

>>15854946
I want to try RWD for the experience and fun, along with AWD.

From what I read, AWD does suffer from some understeer issues. Is it possible to fix or reduce with ARB modification like FWD, or just an inherent attribute of AWD cars?
>>
>>15854963
Yeah good balanced set of sways goes a long way. But honestly just learning how to drive the car helps. I can tuck my stock wrxs front end pretty hard with just throttle lift off.
>>
>>15854963
im so angry i didnt buy a 1979 99 in opalgrön, it used to be a racecar iirc and was in mint condition
>>
>>15854963
>Washington. Shit weather and snow soon.

Tf part of Washington do you live in where you regularly see snow that even remotely sticks? If you're on the east side, I'm sorry, anon.

>From what I read, AWD does suffer from some understeer issues.
Thicker sway in the rear for the cheapest option, but won't eliminate it all. AWD with RWD bias instead of FWD bias also helps, but for the most part, it's always going to be there unless you dump tons of money into it.
>>
>>15854984

Good to know, lift off oversteer can be pretty fun in FWD cars if you know how to control it.

>>15854985

Motherfucker. I've been looking for years and I've only found one in my area, dude stopped responding to me after I asked about the price and when I could visit.

I really want to find an unmolested 99, put a Saab b202 in it and go to town.

Transmission will probably explode but they are too much fun to care.

>>15854997

Skagit. We don't see too much snow, typically happens every 2-3 years from my experience.

This should be the year for decent snow in my area, assuming the pattern remains true.

>Thicker sway in the rear for the cheapest option, but won't eliminate it all. AWD with RWD bias instead of FWD bias also helps, but for the most part, it's always going to be there unless you dump tons of money into it.

Good to know, I modified both of my cars for near-neutral handling but I've been impressed with the handling of my friends Subaru.

Nearly hit a 4-foot diameter tree last week in the apex of a corner on some backroads. Friend driving cranked the wheel over and managed to avoid it like it wasn't even there, going about 40 MPH.

He was probably just a lucky attentive motherfucker, but it really made me interested in them.
>>
>>15855016
>Skagit

Damn, you're pretty far north. I'm hardly ever passed Lynnwood when I'm up there, but I live down in Portland.

AWD is definitely a different experience, though. I've driven most platforms, and AWD always felt weird to me. I can't really explain it. I'm looking for an E30 325iX to be my next buy, though. I'd be happy with a ST165/185, but I'd be better off importing one, and I don't feel like doing that much work for one of those when there are other cars I'd rather import.
>>
>>15855045
>E30 325iX

Not bad. I'm mostly a saabfag, but those are one of the few BMWs that I find attractive, along with the 2002 (Mostly because a friend of mine introduced them to me).

There is just something about |6 's that I find absolutely godtier.

It's hard to beat a |6
>>
>>15855064
>saabfag who likes 2002s and e30s
are you me
>>
>>15855072
You aren't a rare breed damn near any car guy likes e30 and 2002s
>>
>>15854946
>RWD is cuck
>AWD isn't
Pick one faggot
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.