[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Cheap Snow Plow on small truck

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 4

File: comp bb.jpg (58KB, 960x720px) Image search: [Google]
comp bb.jpg
58KB, 960x720px
http://www.kijiji.ca/v-hand-tool/city-of-toronto/heavy-duty-detachable-mounted-car-truck-snow-plow-snow-plough/1198363593?enableSearchNavigationFlag=true

This looks too good to be true. I was looking at an old used blade for $500 without the mount (which I would have to purchase for $300) and was preparing to throw down $1000 on an old mount.
But then that kijiji ad came along and it looks like it has it for $250 + 13% tax which looks way too good to be true.

Is anyone here familiar with this kind of mount? All I want is just to plow my driveway, my neighbours', and maybe a small 1km pond for when we go ice fishing in the winter.

Truck is a 230hp 2010 Ford Ranger V6 4.0.
>>
yeah it is too good to be true, i bet that thing lasts a season if youre lucky before its fucked.
your truck itself might be alright for plowing, but realistically, youre going to fuck up your nice new ranger and not really be able to push that much snow at once (since the truck/plow combo is so light) id just try to find an old f250/350 with a real plow on it, it can be a huge heap of shit if youre only plowing with it so you shouldnt have to put that much money in it
just my 2cents
>>
File: noyf.jpg (49KB, 750x666px) Image search: [Google]
noyf.jpg
49KB, 750x666px
>>15851610
From all these Ranger forums I'm looking at, it seems that you would need a 250x or higher (Silv, F-series, Ram) to push commercial plots of snow.
But the larger I-5 Colorados and V6 Rangers (mine) seem to be able to do light snow like we get in Toronto. It'll be for 10-20 snowfalls in the winter and maybe (maybe) one ice push if my friendo gets his Nissan titan stuck in the snow or ice up north.
>>
File: 4636.jpg (103KB, 690x708px) Image search: [Google]
4636.jpg
103KB, 690x708px
As long as its easily detachable or adjustable so that its not "on duty" when you're on normal roads

You do NOT want to hit something solid & attached to the road in a normal pickup truck when going at high speeds
>>
Thatd prolly be fine if you dont have crazy long driveways.
>>
>>15851593
>Truck is a 230hp 2010 Ford Ranger V6 4.0.

Actually its 207 HP.
>>
>>15851922
>>15851943
Is it detachable? By the looks of the mounting kit, can I put it just on my front bumber or some shit like I do with my bumper guard?
I've never attached something like this or a pull kit before.. How do with those weird screws?

>>15852037
NOT WITH MY AFTERMARKET CARB!!!
Any chance to bring this up (;
>>
>>15852046
>Any chance to bring this up (;

207 HP would be OK if it were a V8 and had nearly 300 ft/lbs of torque but youve only got 238 ft/lbs and its at 3000 RPM.

Are you sure thats enough for snow plow type duty? Theres a reason people use full size and medium duty trucks for this kind of thing. Obviously, youll need 4WD or at a bare minimum a rear locker with weight in the bed.

Best I can tell you is to tune it for 93 octane, there are many companies that will make a tune for the 4.0 SOHC. Youll need something like an SCT tuner.

You might get +10 HP/ + 8 ft/lbs.
>>
File: $_27[1].jpg (23KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
$_27[1].jpg
23KB, 480x480px
>>15852046
fffffuck if I know, looks like these four mountings are supposed to around something tube-shaped on the underside of your front

And no, your front bumper would probably fall off as its not designed to take on heavy loads like that
>>
>>15852113
Those ppl plow acres like parking lots and shit. All I'm doing is two runs of my driveway and my neighbour's.
How much weight on the end, btw? Also, 4WD L good in the snow or do I stick with 4WD H in 2nd gear?
>>
>>15852212
I'm looking at this. I might just be able to put it on my bumper GUARD - not the bumper itself.
I'll have to check what the guard is bolted onto, though. It looks like the easiest installation ever but so does LA GRILLE.

Any issues I would probably run into with using a medium sized truck like this Ranger?
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.