[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

1985 Nissan King Cab Idle Problems: Could Be Vaccum Leaks

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 4

File: 1985-Nissan-King-Cab-2[1].jpg (53KB, 1180x693px) Image search: [Google]
1985-Nissan-King-Cab-2[1].jpg
53KB, 1180x693px
My idle speed was at around 800-900 rpm stock and the engine would die upon warmup. Even giving it gas would kill the engine after I take my foot off the pedal. So right now temporarily, I upped the rpm to 1500 on idle. Now what maybe causing the truck to stall is a vacuum leak. So here are my guesses on what could be causing it.
1. The EGR Valve is staying open when it should be closed.
2. The hole with the float needle is gummed up.
3. A hose or more has tears in it.
Also to boot, when the ignition is on, the anti dieseling solenoid won't click. What's /o/'s opinion on what could be causing the problems?
>>
File: 20160817_001224.jpg (39KB, 354x188px) Image search: [Google]
20160817_001224.jpg
39KB, 354x188px
>>15846237
>>
bumpin
>>
Also forgot to mention that I keep hearing this clicking sound from behind the dash on the drivers side of the truck and no it does not have ac nor is it the fuel pump relay since that's located on the passengers side. What is causing that clicking sound?
>>
File: IMG_20160524_115458022.jpg (3MB, 2432x4320px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160524_115458022.jpg
3MB, 2432x4320px
>>15847909
The door chime Bruv I had a truck just like yours.
>>
File: IMG_20160505_241628629.jpg (3MB, 4320x2432px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160505_241628629.jpg
3MB, 4320x2432px
Could also be a number of things, check for spark, the coils may be bad and replace the old vacuum lines. If your idle likes to jump up and down you probably have a vacuum leak or a file distribution problem(gunked up carb?). If its stock your carb is computer controlled and may the air fuel ratio solenoid be on its way out. If you got more questions just ask.
>>
that's a nice looking truck
>>
>>15848414
Just want to keep you in mind that the catch is that I DO NOT want to take off nor dismantle the stock carburetor. All OEM, being that means it's brittle.
1. The vacuum leaks. Just yesterday, I sprayed a lot of carb cleaner into the carb so hopefully that will unclog the passage with the float needle in it, if you're thinking about blasting it with an air compressor, I'm not gonna do that. The EGR Valve isn't clogged since it runs clean however my guess is that it's creating a vacuum leak by the possibility of it staying open instead of closed.
2. I just found out that the anti dieseling solenoid won't click cause it's giving off 3 volts when it needs a constant 12 volts. I'm curious to know if there's a connection between vacuum leaks and the solenoid?
3. This is a Z24 straight 4 engine. It's got a distributor and 2 coils.
4. The spark plugs haven't been changed in a long time, looks rusty on the outside.
>>
>>15848491

its an ols truck which needs over 200hrs of service. trust me.

shit will fail like dominoes, you will be constantly repairing each object that moves until you rebuild the entire truck.

you will give up and sell it long before finishing anything though
>>
>>15848529
Oh I'm only using it as a farm truck now to run on 10 acre property. It's not like I'm taking it out on the road anytime soon.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.