[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I just was at pick n pull for 8 hours trying to find a radio.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2

File: 20160918_172637.jpg (3MB, 4128x2322px) Image search: [Google]
20160918_172637.jpg
3MB, 4128x2322px
I just was at pick n pull for 8 hours trying to find a radio.

Will this somehow connect to the wires in my 05 sunfire?

I can't find a wiring harness for it.

If I yanked the harness out of the car I got it from would it still work? Would all the colors match up?
>>
File: 20160918_172700.jpg (1MB, 4128x2322px) Image search: [Google]
20160918_172700.jpg
1MB, 4128x2322px
This is my cars wiring thingy
It's smaller than the radio I bought.
>>
>>15845813
nasty ass nails
>>
>>15845799
Probably not.
Aftermarket -> OEM = OK
Brand 1 OEM -> Brand 2 OEM = No

A lot of OEM radios have some car functionality running through them, among other things. Not to mention the DIN sizes aren't normally 100% standard.
>>
>>15845799
>8 hours searching for a radio
>buys the wrong one
Kek
>>
>>15845872
God dammit this just isn't fair

I just wanted to listen to music in my car using an aux jack

Without costing millions of dollars
>>
>>15845890
buy a cheap 20$ chinese stereo
thats what i did
it even has bluetooth
>>
>>15846483
Those sound like absolute dick and break in 6 months. OP needs an OEM head unit from his manufacturer that has a gen 1 monodirectional CD changer port on it that can be wired to an aux jack pretty easily. He can't even do the same manufacturer part though so he's fucked.
>>
>>15845799
just get a cheap radio from walmart or electronic express or something like that i paid $100 for a head unit and 4 speakers it has aux
>>
I bet OP's factory radio has a tape player.
>>
Stop being such a cheap faggot and buy a 40 dollar pioneer head unit.
>>
>spend 8 hours instead of buying a cheap system
>>
>>15847145
Actually no it's the other way around

I have a cd unit and I want to downgrade to a tape unit so I can plug in a cassette to aux thing and connect that to Bluetooth.

Pretty sure I'm fucked right now but I can still return this and try to find another one.
>>
>>15849088
Why not just buy a cheap stereo with aux and Bluetooth?
>>
>>15849162
Because they're not cheap at all and everything you have to do to hook it up makes it even more expensive.
>>
>>15849166
>Buy cheap wiring harness adapter
>Plug in

Not hard
>>
>>15849187
Where are these cheap radios you speak of?

Other anon said they break down easily?
>>
>>15845799
>05 sunfire

should have left it at picknpull
>>
>car stereos are expensive and hard to install
You're the same kind of retard that comes to /g/ and says building a PC is too hard. Fuck off already.
>>
>>15845799
I'm sure you can find a converter, just hope it's not harder than buying a new one.

I know sunfires are cavalier twins, but I hope is not as hard as it was for my old csv. Take the whole dash apart, it was ass.
>>
>>15845890
k well you could have looked this shit up before hand, but now you're wasting both time and gas when you can probably have just gotten a used aftermarket radio for 40$ and this kind of shit is the reason you're broke as fuck driving a fucking sunfire.
>>
>>15845799
>going to pull a part for 8 hours for a stock radio instead of buying an aftermarket head unit with full harness and instructions for $50-$100

What r u doin m8
>>
>>15846483
>cheap stereo
>playing through Bluetooth
I guess when you listen to bad music you don't really care about the quality
>>
>>15849750
Being a broke NEET?
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.