[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Buying my second car soon and looking for some advice. Up to

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

File: smug.jpg (391KB, 1374x1425px) Image search: [Google]
smug.jpg
391KB, 1374x1425px
Buying my second car soon and looking for some advice.

Up to now I've only driven shitboxes, fastest thing I've driven had 200bhp and felt like 'wow' quick but not 'omg' quick. I've never been in a car with more than 220bhp.

I'm buying a car that isn't a barge and it has around 380bhp, how fast should it feel? Just wondering as I don't know what to expect, so if I take it out for a test drive with the expectation of shitting myself when I go WOT but it doesn't feel that quick, I'll know something about the car is probably fucked and I should walk away.
>>
File: slow.png (3MB, 2087x1173px) Image search: [Google]
slow.png
3MB, 2087x1173px
>>15843269

It's going to feel slow as fuck. Pic unrelated, third gear
>>
>>15843269
>around 380bhp
not around 400? how does your mind work?
>>
bhp is just a number, if you buy a car only based on its horsepower you're dumb.
>>
>>15843307
The bhp really has nothing to do with it, in fact the only reason I'm buying the one with that specific amount of power is because it happens to be the most reliable in the range, which I find bizzare, but I hear its due to the better gearbox.

I'm just trying to gauge how fast it should feel so I know if its pulling properly.
>>
Torque, gearing, weight, driving position, and sound all matter when it comes to how fast a car feels.

380HP would feel like nothing in a big Mercedes with 3 tons of sound deadening. In an LS swapped Miata it'll feel terrifying.
>>
>>15843269
It's easy OP, search up the 0-60 or quarter mile time of that year model.

> 0 - 60
8s & above = slow
7s = quick
6s = You'll feel some accelerating G's here, but not much.
5s = fast af, you'll be thrown back
4s and below = mad man tier

Quarter mile times are better desu, gearing doesn't matter as much

If you can hit 14 second quarter miles, its decently quick. 15 second is lacking
>>
>>15843885
Also note that these times are normally tested with a manual transmission, unless auto is the only one available. If its a torque converter/traditional slushbox, it will sap power and gears with change slowly.
>>
>>15843269
I bought a 5.0 coyote mustang a while back. Up to that point the fastest car I had ever been in was my dad's '06 Tiburon making 172 hp and weighs ~3,030 lbs. The mustang makes 420 hp and weighs ~3,650 lbs. I didn't get on it hard during the test drive, but leaving the dealership I got on the ramp to the highway and put the pedal down in 2nd gear. At low rpm from about 2k-4.5k I was thinking 'Oh hell yeah, this thing pulls hard!' Then when it hit 4.5k-5k rpm the variable cam timing kicked in, the rear squatted, tires chirped and it really set me back in the seat up to 7k rpm. Honestly kind of scared me not being ready for it.
>>
>>15843950
I remember being amazed at how fast my first car was (190bhp Audi A6) after learning to drive in a 12+ seconds to 60 Renault Clio and not driving for a year. A year into ownership it felt pretty slow.

Kind of makes me wonder if bikefags and people who drive supercars all the time ruin slower cars for themselves.
>>
Who is this cute?
>>
>>15845898
I primarily ride motorcycles but my 170hp shitbox is still fun to bomb around in

you don't really feel any G's while on a bike so it doesn't ~feel~ quick like a car does even when it's slow
>>
>>15843269
That's too fast for a road car.
>>
>>15843337
380hp is terrifyingly fast in any car. If you argue with that, you've never used all 380hp of a car. Yes, even a 4,000lbs luxury sedan.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.